Bah just got a front window tint ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by MrPrimus
Is that 35 all the way around? I was thinking of getting 35 on the fronts/rear sides and 20 on the back window.
Yea, same all around. This is basically the tint level they use in car advertising photgraphy. Makes a good clean even look, especially at dusk.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI - OBP
Originally Posted by matthepcat
Yea, same all around. This is basically the tint level they use in car advertising photgraphy. Makes a good clean even look, especially at dusk.
35 is pretty light imo, when you are inside you can hardly tell its there. Thats why i was surprised that the cop pulled me over for it
Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Originally Posted by matthepcat
your car looks good, im not looking to do a black out so ill probobly just go 35 all around
Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by MrPrimus
your car looks good, im not looking to do a black out so ill probobly just go 35 all around
Thanx! Yea, I was more concerned with protecting my interior that gansta tint.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 2015 STI
Originally Posted by knight
35 is pretty light imo, when you are inside you can hardly tell its there. Thats why i was surprised that the cop pulled me over for it
I'm in no position to object any of your concerns... but coming from another driver... I personally, can't tell if a person is looking or anything to give me assurance that it is safe to proceed, especially at stop sign intersection or any of the sort. I just feel that the communication is one way with me guessing if the driver is looking or not. It leaves me on a guessing position and that's on a broad day light... what more at night!

35% is pretty dark coming from the outside. The driver can still be seen, but vaguely, both day and especially at night.

I just didn't see any other post concerning other drivers and all I've seen so far was how not to get pulled over for it. I hope consideration for other driver's would be one of the priority.

But, nonetheless, do what you feel you have to do! Stay safe!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 PM

Car Info: sc300
2 options:

if you are rich and lazy have some store take off tint, get it signed off, and pay for a new tint

if you are poor and want to keep ur tint anyways get a new set of front windows and put them in every time u get a ticket so u can get it signed off

a pair or front windows is cheaper than a few tint jobs i think
Old 03-22-2008, 09:29 PM

Car Info: Fast
Just pay the fine, especially if you are too lazy to take the tint off yourself and would pay for removal. The fine is cheaper than tint removal + admin fees + retinting. Maybe it is different in the Bay, but tint up here is only $40 a window....even less for me, since I have a good rapport with the tint shop owner

I actually had a cop suggest that I remove it then retint it, but it would have only saved me $10 and I would have been unable to use my front windows for a week.

35% in the front is perfect. It blocks the sun well, you can see through it at night, and it blocks others view just enough to convince the girlfriend to facilitate a road hummer

Name:  rear3.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  117.9 KB

Last edited by aboothman; 03-22-2008 at 09:31 PM.