Bah humbug

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah you can pretty much guarantee your property values will go down, crime will go up when a complex gets built in your neighborhood. It sucks. I remember Jeff's neighborhood... old neighborhood, good folks, etc. All the trouble centered around the apartments at the end of the block.
Are you guys all in Tracy? How have we not met? lol

We have an FBI agent, Campbell PD, SJ PD, and Tracy PD on our block. ALL of them agree with your assessment of the situation.
I've spoken with dispatchers from TPD at our annual 4th of July Block BQ and they have told me, straight up, that 90% of the calls from our side of town stem from those apartments. Graffitti, trash, break ins, thefts, car wrecks, all of the culprits have the same address. (pathetic...)

This has gone way off-topic. Sorry.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm not in Tracy. I'm in watsonville. But justin (bluwrxwagon) is a friend of mine so I'm out there every now and again. My cousin lives out there too.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'm not in Tracy. I'm in watsonville. But justin (bluwrxwagon) is a friend of mine so I'm out there every now and again. My cousin lives out there too.
Oh yeah! You were the BAM T-shirt guru! Thanks again for that.

Well, you know Tracy then. Its a decent town, just like Watsonville. They both have their bad areas that leak out into the good areas.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 1999 Legacy Brighton
We did "Wal-mas" this year. Basically hillbilly secret santa.

On Christmas eve, you draw names, then everyone heads to Walmart. You get 30 mins to find a $20 (maximum) present for your name.

Definitely more fun than trying to find the "right" gift for everyone.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by grambo
I'm down off of Lowell, across from Art Freiler School, real close to Thrasher park. We have alot of problems from those apartments down at the end of Lowell; Chesapeke Bay or whatever. Our neighborhood used to be hella chill until they built Thrasher Park and those apartments. Since then, I've made the Police Blotter 3 times chasing ghetto punks outta the trailerhood.

Where are you at?
Oh ok. I actually looked at a house for sale on Bridle Creek Ct. Also saw another house for sale back in there and the house that was behind it was a grow house. Could smell the weed inside the house we were looking at. Went outside and could easily see the plants were taller than the fence.

I was living with my parents who live up against Plascencia fields and last December my wife and I bought a house off Schulte and Corral Hollow. Mature neighborhood, house built in 89. You wouldn't have seen my car around much due to not being registered but I hear Subaru's all day.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

Are you guys all in Tracy? How have we not met? lol

We have an FBI agent, Campbell PD, SJ PD, and Tracy PD on our block. ALL of them agree with your assessment of the situation.
I've spoken with dispatchers from TPD at our annual 4th of July Block BQ and they have told me, straight up, that 90% of the calls from our side of town stem from those apartments. Graffitti, trash, break ins, thefts, car wrecks, all of the culprits have the same address. (pathetic...)

This has gone way off-topic. Sorry.
They always go off topic. My neighbors house is for sale, makes me hope somebody shady doesn't buy it.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by chicagozer
We did "Wal-mas" this year. Basically hillbilly secret santa.

On Christmas eve, you draw names, then everyone heads to Walmart. You get 30 mins to find a $20 (maximum) present for your name.

Definitely more fun than trying to find the "right" gift for everyone.
That is awesome! Great idea!

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Oh ok. I actually looked at a house for sale on Bridle Creek Ct. Also saw another house for sale back in there and the house that was behind it was a grow house. Could smell the weed inside the house we were looking at. Went outside and could easily see the plants were taller than the fence.

I was living with my parents who live up against Plascencia fields and last December my wife and I bought a house off Schulte and Corral Hollow. Mature neighborhood, house built in 89. You wouldn't have seen my car around much due to not being registered but I hear Subaru's all day.
It is what it is. Its a nice area for sure but, you always have those "rentals" that go south. I've got one across the street now I need to whip into shape. It takes time and opportunity is all. lolz

My wife taught at George Kelly so I know your area well. Nice homes up in there.

They always go off topic. My neighbors house is for sale, makes me hope somebody shady doesn't buy it.
Too true on both statements! PM me if you ever wanna wrench. I'm always playin Subie.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Grambo... we definitely need to do some wrenching. Justin's wagon has been down a LONG time. Need to get that thing up and running before I end up selling mine. LOL. Mine needs some love too and I got broken in to and they stole my tools.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:26 PM

Well, Jan 5th I'm installing some LIC flares on an 06' STI. Pm me. You guys are welcome to come hang out and get dirty...or just drink beer. lolz
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

That is awesome! Great idea!

It is what it is. Its a nice area for sure but, you always have those "rentals" that go south. I've got one across the street now I need to whip into shape. It takes time and opportunity is all. lolz

My wife taught at George Kelly so I know your area well. Nice homes up in there.

Too true on both statements! PM me if you ever wanna wrench. I'm always playin Subie.
I'm on the other side of Corral Hollow on the other side of Schulte from Earle Williams Middle School. I might have to take you up on that.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 AM

I'm on the other side of Corral Hollow on the other side of Schulte from Earle Williams Middle School. I might have to take you up on that.
PM'd you.