I'm a jisung fan by default
Old 06-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
oh one thing I like about soccer on tv. less commercials. unstoppable clock ftw
Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by Dong Homez
With about 75% of the planet choosing soccer as their favorite sport, I don't see it being surpassed in our life times or in our kid's life times by any other sport.

I think Manchester United found their Cristiano "I'm a Douche" Ronoldo replacement. Maybe if they sign this guy, they won't get spanked by Barcelona next year.
Barca is better than Man-u. It's just a fact
Old 06-23-2009, 06:38 PM

I respect all sports. At pro level, any sport is very difficult. I just hate when some sports try to look down on others.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:40 PM

I'm going to the world cup too, Can't wait! I've been to them all starting
With 98.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:10 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
This thread is funny.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 AM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Who knows, but I do know it is nowhere as cool as real football.
+1 on that. "Soccer" is the REAL football !!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 AM

Car Info: 08 Wrx hatch
Sweet... I already have my World Cup tickets for next year! South Africa here I come!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:16 AM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Lol, I highly doubt you can say that it 'will always be' #1. Everything changes.

Americans never took to soccer because it's long, it's slow, VERY low points are scored and ties are possible.

If you followed American sociology you'd fine American sports fans like BIG plays, BIG points, FAST paced games and NO ties.
Baseball is slow (most A's games I watch take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to play) and a people get excited when Pitchers throw a shut out or no hitter.

Football is the slowest game there is. Football is the only sport I don't enjoy watching live because there are no replays and it takes forever to play the game, run a play that takes 5 seconds then wait 40 seconds to run the next play(3 hours to play what should be 1 hour). Perhaps soccer should take a note from football and make each goal count for 6 points and then allow a penalty kick after the goal to tack on an extra point.

Soccer will probably remain the worlds #1 sport in our lifetime because it's the most accessible sport. One does not need to be a genetic freak (look at football players) to compete. Also it doesn't require much special equipment to actually play. Only requires one round object to play.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Fast paced. Not fast regulation time.

Again, I'm not making up the rules, I'm merely pointing out the psychology behind our culture's love of baseball and football.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
i want more "football" vs football, please go on!
Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 14
Size:  2.8 KB
Old 06-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Damn, that guy is AMAZING! He plays on the pitch too, meaning that he's actually good.

Soccer is by far my fav sport of all, followed by basket ball, but soccer is bounds and leaps ahead of any other sport, even including basketball.

During the world cup, when your country is playing and you're in that stadium, nothing compares to it. More energy then a friggin nuclear power plant, more loyalty then freedom fighters... When your team lands a goal, its more special then your wedding day!

Baseball is by far the worst sport, if you want to call it that, it's more of a game then anything... It's god awful and I don't know how I ever played in leagues as a kid! I guess it can be fun to play with some of your good friends with some alcohol involved, but watching it has got to be the most boring thing ever! Even during the last game in the world series, it's still "meh" compared to an soccer exhibition game, you can't even compare it to the world cup, not even close.

I don't consider baseball players as athletes... Sure, they have a lot of skill to be able to hit a fast ball, and sure, they are strong, but the guy in the video that was posted in this thread (first post) has far more skill then any baseball player can ever wish to have.

The person who said people here hate soccer is because they suck at it is 100% right! If they played soccer early on as kids and were actually decent at it, they wouldn't hate it. Soccer isn't easy, it takes a lot of skill and physical agility to be able to play through a game, especially on a competitive level.

Soccer is the game of the nations, the game of the continents, the game shared by the world, and there's a reason for that.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by brucelee
I don't consider baseball players as athletes... Sure, they have a lot of skill to be able to hit a fast ball, and sure, they are strong, but the guy in the video that was posted in this thread (first post) has far more skill then any baseball player can ever wish to have.

The person who said people here hate soccer is because they suck at it is 100% right! If they played soccer early on as kids and were actually decent at it, they wouldn't hate it. Soccer isn't easy, it takes a lot of skill and physical agility to be able to play through a game, especially on a competitive level.
Baseball players aren't athletes? Riiight...have you ever even had the chance to swing, much less hit, a 98mph fast ball? And that's not even the hardest pitch to hit - try hitting a knuckleball. It's damn near impossible. Strength isn't the only thing. It's 70% mentality to be able to judge speed, velocity, location and spin of the baseball....in about a quarter of a second you have to observe, decide, act and hit the ball.

That takes YEARS of intense practice and training.

Now, soccer players have their training yes; they can't use their hands, and use the rest of their body to score a goal. All while running and playing defense/offense switching off - very intense. Soccer is conditioning and stamina.

I played it, I hated it. Why? Never liked it to start with. Played it for 4 years. Then I played baseball and loved it to death; still do.

It's hard to equally compare both sports - they are very different and comparisions are sparse.

But as far as calling baseball players non-athletes and saying how this one kid who can kick the ball well has more skill than any baseball player - you best pump your brakes.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
^^^

Um, how is hitting a baseball, no matter what what fashion, more difficult then what the guy in the original video is doing? What he's doing takes so much skill that there's only a very small number of people that can duplicate what he's doing... I used to play baseball, for 7 years when I was a youth/teen, and I know how hard it is to hit certain pitches, but I've played soccer all my life and it's FAR MORE difficult to place the ball in the exact spot you want it to go, especially in distance kicks like the guy in the video is doing...

Hitting a baseball might be tough, but so is being really good at bowling... The competition bowlers are friggin crazy good and it takes MAD skill to do the things that they do, but I still don't consider bowling as a sport, and you have to exert more physical energy in bowling then you do in baseball, of course minus the pitcher and catcher...

The word sport is thrown around far too loosely nowadays, to me a sport is something that requires constant physical exertion, and a lot of skill, like basketball and soccer, football, and other sports like them. In baseball you can stand around for 89% of the time and not do a damn thing, then you come up to bat and strike out, and then do more of nothing, then go stand in the outfield and do more nothing... I just can't consider the players as true athletes... It's more of a game then anything.

If you can be fat and compete in a sport, then you're probably not competing in a real sport. lol

Quick Reply: Bad Ass Soccer Player!