Back from HIN LB and Sighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 01:19 AM

Location: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Car Info: Midnight Black WRX - Lots O Mods
Back from HIN LB and Sighting

So I just rolled back into the Bay Area from HIN in Long Beach. The 101/85 interchange was a welcome sight after spending 5 hours in Sparco Pro 2000's. Sorry SubaruKym, I will have a LazyBoy installed on the passenger side asap. Needless to say, the show went well and was a good time.

Here is the f'ed up part. As we rolled up 101 N just past the Cochrane off ramp I see a blue, debadged WRX with a huge exhaust pipe. Kym and I speed up and wave to our fellow BAIC member. I change lanes and get in the fast lane, this guy follows for awhile. I get over and roll my window down to say hello, he pulls up along side and then jumps on it. Doesn't even wave, just punches it for about 200 yards.

So I am always one to give people the benefit of the doubt so I will assume he just didn't understand that we were saying hello. If who ever it was thought we were trying to race or talk smack about his pretty stock looking WRX, then he was very mistaken. After 5 hours of driving, the last thing I want to do is race some 16 year old jackass in traffic. If you are out there kid here is a word of advice, try not to be such a d#@k. I have enough boneheads trying to race me in their Hondas without having to deal with fellow Subaru owners. Peace out. . . .
Old 05-26-2003, 11:45 AM
kym

Car Info: Lotus Elise
Re: Back from HIN LB and Sighting

Originally posted by moreHP
here is a word of advice, try not to be such a d#@k.
Well said!
Old 05-26-2003, 12:15 PM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
i've learned that just cause a wrx is modded doesnt mean homeboy is on any of the boards.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 2002 Aspen White Wrx Wagon
i agree with hongkong. some people with the WRX just dont about BAIC. every once in a while i'll see a WRX and wave hi, and all he will do is give me the face like i wanted to race him, or jump him, or something.

oh well

pete
Old 05-26-2003, 05:04 PM

Location: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
I am happy to report that this was just a misunderstanding. The guy is on NASIOC and submitted a reply to my post. Seems like a cool guy and was not talking s#$t at all. One of the main draw backs to owning a heavily modded (power and appearance) WRX is that you are always in people's cross hairs. It comes with the territory and I am not complaining. I just like to think that the Subaru is a little different than other brands.

Ben
Old 05-26-2003, 08:42 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by moreHP
I just like to think that the Subaru is a little different than other brands.

Ben
I like to think it's the owners.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by BAN SUVS
I like to think it's the owners.
WORD!