AWD Dynos other than Vishnu in the Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 12:55 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
BTW, his name is Subydude.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:21 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX WGN, Stg 1, No Roof Rack!
That's the first I've heard of what caused Scoobydude's blow up ... pretty funny ...

But yes tuners can make mistakes. A friend of mine was testing a new factory formula race car that had been finished up very late at night. They started the car ... and it very quickly started to smoke. They shut it down immediately and started to check things ... NO OIL had been added! The engine parts had all been molycoated during assembly so they weren't too worried about damage.

They added oil ... started it up ... and waved to him to go out onto the track ... he couldn't get a gear ... they called up the shop ... and asked a question ... and sure enough ... the cars clutch was sitting on a shelf!
Old 07-18-2003, 01:45 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally posted by makofoto
1WRX2NV ... interesting what you say about the dyno out put ... but Shiv will not give you maximum HP ... only SAFE relable and drivable maximum HP.
Actually, you are correct....HE WILL NOT GIVE MAX HP.....thats why he gets a I paid him almost $10,000. The end result...car ran hella rich, wouldnt even idle w/o dying, hesitation, power drop off right at 6000 RPM's and LESS HP!!

MY car has now been tuned to be a SAFE, Drivable car. Something that Shiv couldnt and wouldnt do. Just like one of the other stage 2 cars, it wouldnt boost past 16psi. Why?? Shiv didnt know so he told they guy that 16psi was good and thats what he tuned the car too. BUNCHA CRAP!!!! Stage 2 is best at 18 psi, but he didnt want to take the time to look into it to help the PAYING CUSTOMER!! Stage 2 isnt cheap either ( + tuning $$)

Anyway, The guys at Ispeed took time out of thier bussy day to help the guy, found the problem, fixed and tuned it correctly!! So to Shiv, for being a LAZY ***!!!

Now I know some will say "shiv is bussy..blah blah blah" So am I when I paint cars...but, do I paint some cars better then others and some just half *** the proceedures to paint? NO!! Treat every car the same! They pay good money for the service...they should get the best you can do. Shiv didnt do the best he could do OBVIOUSLY...he was in a rush to go watch SmallVille

-freddie
Old 07-18-2003, 02:00 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
How do the prices at MPJ, I-speed, Gruppe S and Vishnu compare, just curious?
Old 07-18-2003, 02:01 PM

As far as Subydue...who knows what happened? I hear a few reasons too...and tuning was not one of them! I think that even the APS covered some of the repair as well, because of some issues with the trubo. Plus that the risk you take when dealing with HIGH HP cars....

If something were to happen to my car... (knock on wood)... engine blow up, tranny failure, ect. I wouldnt blame tuning FIRST, because I know that I drive my car hard all the time, and I have a HIGH HP car. But I know that after doing some research, (with the help from Ispeed), and it was something to do with tuning...Ispeed would help me out to get it resolved, and not give every excuse under the sun...like the famous "bad gas" excuse from Shiv and be done with it!

-freddie
Old 07-18-2003, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by verc
How do the prices at MPJ, I-speed, Gruppe S and Vishnu compare, just curious?
not sure about MPJ, and Gruppe-S, but I do know that Ispeed is like 1/2 the price as Shiv. I am sure the others to are cheaper as well....since everyone complains about high prices from Shivnu.

If I were you, I would check with all those companies BEFORE I checked at Shivnu's

-freddie
Old 07-18-2003, 02:50 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally posted by 1WRX2NV
that is ABSOLUTLY UNTRUE!!!

I have dyno charts to prove it too....I got like 240 on Shivs dyno..("the best he could do")...then my base run at ATP... with shiv's tuning... I got 230. They are SUPPOSED to have a higher reading dyno. Then to top it off, with just about 10-15 min. of tuning I GAINED almost 15whp. with more to go...And Shiv said I couldnt get anymore!!

But ofcourse we all know how I feel about him now...so I wont say anymore EXCEPT....call the guys at www.I-speedusa.com first. I have seen a few of the "vishnu" cars go there to get tuning issues resolved! Save yourself some trouble...I wish I listened the first time.

-freddie
You misread what I said. It has nothing to do with tuning, just straight up dyno numbers. Don't get me wrong I will not go to Shiv to tune my car ever and not becuase of his bad business practices or whatever anyone else had to say about him. But I will go to I-speed becuase of the awesome deal they gave me on a used ACT clutch installed and the excellent job they did of finding out why the car wouldnt start and fixing the problems that were there. Granted it was their fault, but the fixed it free of charge, much respect for Bill, Chris, Andy and Orlando (Those are the guys I know there).
Old 07-18-2003, 02:59 PM

ok sorry! I get all crazy when I talk about shivnu. hahahaha

-freddie
Old 07-18-2003, 03:09 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
ok sorry! I get all crazy when I talk about shivnu. hahahaha

-freddie
Hahaha, I understand. I havent heard much good about him. But my personal experience with I-speed is nothing but excellent.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Don't worry guys, a CA Tuner Smackdown is going down soon... I have to organize it... this should finally shut everyone up
Old 07-18-2003, 03:19 PM

Most of my original question implied, "Are there any other AWD dynos besides Vishnu in the Bay Area?"

I was trying to find other locations/options to just the one dyno tuner in the entire area.
The American way is about competition and finding the best way to delivery a quality product at a low price. Although "what the market will bare" (a.k.a. gouging) does seem to apply in the Bay Area dyno tuning market Simply put, if there were 5 AWD dynos instead of 2 competing for our dyno-tuning dollar I could just about guaranty you that Shiv would not be charging $200.00 an hour for his services (not for long anyway). The fact that he found a great place to do business (large population base with money, little competition) IS to his credit.
As far as Shiv's "Hawaiian Conference" goes, your right everyone is entitled to a vacation. Vacations are great. When he substituted the word "vacation" with "conference" on his chalk board in his office it just stuck me funny. I just hope he's not planning to deduct this "conference" as a business expense on his income taxes. I'll bet the I.R.S. and the California Finance Tax Board will think it's funny too.
Old 07-18-2003, 03:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
You ***s need to get over which tuner charges how much..

Each tuner has there specialities live with it. if you dont like one get the hell over it. Dont sit there and try and slam them when ever the chance arises. Shiv does a helluva job, so does ispeed mpj, and everyone else in the bay. It is all up to you the consumer to shop around and find the best person for the job. If one vendor messed something up so be it MOVE ON.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
I would just like to inject here guys that the only tuning we do for customers is TV tuning (Tommy even has free Satellite)

We offer no tuning services what's so ever at this time. We are a parts and install shop we do offer other services such as motor build up, suspension setup and advice (we don't charge for the advice as it is likely wrong)

Andrew and I have been known to look at a customer ECU here and there and help out but this is not a service and is more of a hobby and as so is not charged for.

Just wanted to make sure we we're not depicted as EFI tuners such as the guys at I-Speed and Vishnu who are and should be able to help you all far better than we can in this area.

Mike

(510) 487-4447
www.mpjperformance.com
www.gb-motorsports.com
Old 07-18-2003, 06:35 PM

Shiv didnt do the best he could do OBVIOUSLY...he was in a rush to go watch SmallVille

-freddie
Dude, can you blame him? You know how hot Lana Lang is?
Old 07-19-2003, 12:50 AM

oh.... from the looks of it, I would have thought he liked Clark

-freddie

Quick Reply: AWD Dynos other than Vishnu in the Bay Area