Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Auto Innovations?

I'm looking for a quick, BUT good alignment. Something like $50-$70

I'd like to have these settings:

-1 deg front camber
-1 deg rear camber
.5 deg TOE OUT rear

I dunno about the toe out in the rear, but i'm thinking that would help the car rotate a little better...

Whos had work done here? Are they busy? I plan on dropping by their place tomorrow morning to talk to them.

How much for an anlignment? My steering wheel is off, and my vibration is back (probably threw a weight on a wheel, but who knows...) It'd been year since my last alignment, and I'm just looking for something good, decent... until i can save up for a lifetime alignment at Skip's in SJ

-Gagan
Old 03-09-2003, 06:58 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Gagan, you do not want the toe out on the rear end. You will be SQUIRRELLY on the freeway!! Basically just dangerous.

The rest of the settings look good, but if you drive your car hard and don't do a ton of highway driving -1.5 deg camber wouldn't hurt. You do commute to school though, so you've prob already taken that into consideration.

Oh, and why don't you go back to Custom Alignment and have them fix the vibration? That was only like two weeks ago and if you already threw a wheel weight, I bet they'd fix it for free. Good luck.

EDIT: Yeah, toe out is IMHO only good for autocross where you really have to be able to rotate the car on demand. Once you get out of second gear, the car gets downright unstable.

Last edited by Steppin Razor; 03-09-2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Old School

Originally posted by Steppin Razor
Gagan, you do not want the toe out on the rear end. You will be SQUIRRELLY on the freeway!! Basically just dangerous.

The rest of the settings look good, but if you drive your car hard and don't do a ton of highway driving -1.5 deg camber wouldn't hurt. You do commute to school though, so you've prob already taken that into consideration.

Oh, and why don't you go back to Custom Alignment and have them fix the vibration? That was only like two weeks ago and if you already threw a wheel weight, I bet they'd fix it for free. Good luck.
Good point... Thing is, It took me 3 weeks to get an appt with them! But you're right, I should take it back to them. I'll call them later this week.

Toe out is all bad eh? Cool with me. Yeah, I dunno about more than -1 degree front camber, cause i do drive on the highway soo much!

-Gagan
Old 03-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
You can't adjust your camber more than .5 degrees without camber plates.

(Just an FYI)
Old 03-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Old School

Originally posted by brucelee
You can't adjust your camber more than .5 degrees without camber plates.

(Just an FYI)
Is this for the front? cause i got about -1 deg in the back... at least, i looks that way.

-Gagan
Old 03-09-2003, 07:53 PM

Car Info: 96 Chevy Impala SS, 06 GMC 2500HD (former 02 WRX)
Assuming the GC8 is similar to the WRX here (maybe a dangerous assumption?)....

If you use camber bolts (not plates, bolts) you can get up to about -1 to -1.5 deg negative camber in front. In back, you'll be able to get anywhere (with camber bolts) from about 0 to -1.5 or so, depending on car production tolerances.

Beyond that, you'll need camber plates.

I agree on the toe-out.....don't do it on a street car. You'll wear your tires like mad, besides the stability issues.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Old School

I don't have camber bolts

but the printout from wheel works (i know, i know ) said the guy got -1 degrees, and when looking at my rear tires, they sure look that way...

I'd be much more happy with like -1/-.5 F/R

-Gagan
Old 03-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Old School

Originally posted by veloLexus
.5 toe out.... EEEK!!! My front settings are as follows:

Camber -1.5° (rather conservative compared to other autoxers)
Toe -0.05° (that's about 1/16th of an inch)

Rear toe is 0 (actually -0.01... close enough to 0 though).
Rear camber is fixed, -1.1° left and -1.4° right (pretty big difference there... I hope the SEB approves camber bolts for the rear).

Cheers, Joe
ohh...

.05 that looks better than .5 i guess

Either way, Toe, will be ZERO... It's the camber up front, as I kinda like the camber in the back but i need to shoot the front out, right now it's zero. I want to stick and rotate!

-Gagan
Old 03-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
call 'em

408 956 8004

ask for steve.

SD
Old 03-09-2003, 10:24 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 2002
They did a great job on my prodrive spring install.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Originally posted by joltdudeuc
I don't have camber bolts

-Gagan
Yes, all GCs & GDs have camber bolts. Aftermarket ones may be used for more adjustment, but my stock ones were adjusted for 1.4 front negative camber.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:16 AM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally posted by dahveed
Yes, all GCs & GDs have camber bolts. Aftermarket ones may be used for more adjustment, but my stock ones were adjusted for 1.4 front negative camber.
FRONT camber bolts, but no rear camber bolts.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:38 AM

Car Info: I've had cars...BRZ next
Auto Innovations is VERY GOOD...they (Orlando) have done my alignment on two GC8's and also fixed other things under the car while they were there. Custom Alignment is also VERY GOOD and if you need corner weighting, go there.

The settings...Front -1.2 degrees camber (for the street) and -1.5 to 2.0 "if" you have camber bolts and plates, for track/autocross...you will get noticable wear but can get the tires changed "not the rims, just the tires". Toe @ -1/16 is also good for turn in. The rear should be at a maximum -.75 for rotation and leave the rear toe at "0". The other thing is to make both sides the same, so if one side "won't" make it then reduce the other side too. That way you have the same dynamics going both ways.

If you have coilovers, get it corner weighted, otherwise sell the coilovers cause they are waisted on a car that is not corner weighted.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:44 AM
Old School

Hey Randy, thanx for the info.

I'm just looking for better street handling, and I want to get away with up -1 degree front camber. I'd like to cut back the rear to -.5, i'm thinking this will help the back swing out. I'm not messing with toe... LOL, I just don't know enough about it.

-Gagan

Quick Reply: Auto Innovations?