Auto Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 05:46 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
It's all good yo. It's just a side job til I get a real one
Even then, I would still hook people up on the weekends.

Everyone just remember Andy and Freddie...we are going to be rich!!! hahahahahaha

peace yo
-freddie
Old 05-27-2003, 05:50 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
Anyone wanna buy "Freddies detail bux" off of me? I have plenty and I know I wont use all of them. hahahahaha
Old 05-27-2003, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
BTW, Freddie does a k!ck @ss job. He cleaned up my dads car and it looked like a new car!
Old 05-27-2003, 06:37 PM

CG....

Well guys, I just watched the instuctional video. This is something that WILL TAKE TIME!!! 2 of the coats need to sit for 2-3+ hours each coat. There are alot of steps to take when applying this product. The applications are just like painting...so that is not an issue with me.

BUT...there is a reason that this stuff is used an HIGH END cars. Most of which are NOT daily drivers. I am sure it would look great on our cars, and others. Being in the painting business, I am a little leary about using it though. Once that stuff is on, it doesnt look like it will come off on the next wash. I saw a car with it on compared to a car I hooked up...I did really see any difference and the smoothness was the same as well. Dont get me wrong...the car looked great!!

Some may want to use CG...thinking their car will look great for a long time! Which is true...it will. But I have talked to many friends in the business who have used many products, and they recommend useing something that will wash off of the car when you wash it. That way you are not trapping dirt and debris, and you can apply a FRESH, clean coat of wax or sealant...making the clearcoat look great as well.

I am not saying that CG is not a good product (look at the cars in the video) and I will apply it to any who provide it. But the products I use will get the job done, and will look great on our cars as well. I am only saying this, because I know our cars will look great and be protected just fine with cheaper products. But it is up to those who want to spend thier extra money on this product. It would be GREAT for a show car!!

My 2 cents.

-freddie

Last edited by 1WRX2NV; 06-03-2003 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
freddie that was me who asked if you were mobile. I think between me an zoeb you could get a full days of work of detailing. Maybe you can come on up to either Vacaville or davis? Come on man you know you want to.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Freddie,

We are all cheap asses, and we are using the "Quick" version of the Crystal Guard.

This product is unlike anything you have ever seen. You and I have our "mutual secret" and we know where this stuff comes from.

It really is awesome. That "Z" is a daily driver. That Japanese dude..."Toshi" is his name, the one that does the application in the video, he is my friend. He drives that car all the time...it is flawless.

That video that you watched is a $500-$1000 application of the full Crystal Guard EX. Not the ghetto crystal guard quick that we are using.

It has been on my car for a month now, and is still as shiny as all hell!
Old 05-27-2003, 09:01 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by scoobiesnacks
Anyone wanna buy "Freddies detail bux" off of me? I have plenty and I know I wont use all of them. hahahahaha
Half price?
Old 05-27-2003, 10:08 PM

Dont get me wrong...it looks great, and I am sure it is a good product. If someone wants it applied...I will do it. I love to make cars look good. Whether I paint it or detail it...or both

My thing is...how hard is it for the "Quick" stuff to come off of your paint? Thats why I said

Originally posted by 1WRX2NV
"Some may want to use CG...thinking their car will look great for a long time! Which is true...it will. But I have talked to many friends in the business who have used many products, and they recommend useing something that will wash off of the car when you wash it. That way you are not trapping dirt and debris, and you can apply a FRESH, clean coat of wax or sealant...making the clearcoat look great as well".
It is just a personal preference. Just like saying that Cusco is one of the best coilovers for the wrx. That may be true to some, but I am sure someone could buy a cheaper set of coilovers and get the close to, if not the same results....for a lot cheaper.

Anyway, as long as the car loks good and you are happy right??
Hopefully I can do that for you guys.

-freddie
Old 05-27-2003, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by dr3d1zzl3
freddie that was me who asked if you were mobile. I think between me an zoeb you could get a full days of work of detailing. Maybe you can come on up to either Vacaville or davis? Come on man you know you want to.
So this is A?

I will go to Vacaville if I have enough people..like 2-3. If so, we will discuss price and location. Need water and shade.
Ofcourse local is GREAT!

-freddie
Old 05-27-2003, 10:17 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Water is easy, we'll have to figure out the shade part. Would a large one-car garage be ok? I figure you could do 2-3 cars, CG and all by moving between them as the coats are setting. Would it be ok to move them out in the sun while this is happening?
Old 05-27-2003, 10:38 PM

well, If I am using my stuff, yeah they can be moved around a lil. But, if you want the CG...I'll have to read the directions. In the video for the expensive stuff...it says not to do it in the sun.

Yes a garage will do. You dont want to come to my place? When you get home all you have to do is dust it.

-freddie
Old 05-27-2003, 10:39 PM

I should do a few cars and have you guys come and check them out. Then you can decide if you need or want the CG.

Hummmm

-freddie
Old 06-02-2003, 04:46 PM

BUMP

I Did Andy's (BADWRX) on Sat. Who's next??

Come on guys...let me hook up your rides

-freddie
Old 06-02-2003, 10:49 PM

Hey I got a spot open for Wed. morning if anyone is interested
$80. full detail (subaru)

-freddie

Last edited by 1WRX2NV; 06-02-2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Freddie, are you a traveling type service? do you make trips to the elk grove area. Not a big deal.. just wondering.

BTW: how's this detailing job going? You may have something here my friend. all you need is to save for a handfull of vans and washing systems kinda like a carpet cleaning business. then maybe add a mobile oil changing service. You'll be global i tell you, GLOBAL!!! Muhahaha

Eric

Just a thought... maybe you should set up days on different weekends in different locations, post a thread saying you'll be in elk grove or vacaville and wash like a mad man....or have you/are doing that? You'd make more money during a saturday afternoon than a hot stripper does on a friday night.

Quick Reply: Auto Detailing