AUDT: Some women are evil!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Hey, but on the bright side, at least it was a Subaru.

"I trust everyone. It's the devil inside them I don't trust."
Okay I LOVE that movie.
Originally Posted by Marit
Well, I only have a measly Masters degree in Academic Research in Psychology, and I assisted with and then coordinated a Psychometrics research team for 6 years, but I'll respond all the same
Matt is right-well, partly anyways. We can certainly examine human constructs and provide valid and reliable results from construct to construct (i.e. measure samples using standardized tools and attribute our findings to the general population), but evil is like love; not really something you can operationalize, which is why the construct of 'evil' isn't one that is examined in any modern (experimental) studies published in peer-reviewed journals (there's some descriptive research on the topic, but that's not what we're talking about here). There are also, as far as I know, no measurement tools looking specifically at 'evil'.
Its more like you'd study 'dishonesty', 'aggression', or other variables that people typically feel evil encompasses, and measure those; but first you'd have to operationalize evil, which is a lot easier said than done! Plus since like love, what encompasses evil is so subjective from person to person, so its pretty problematic to discuss actually examining it. After doing a brief lit review, the concept of evil has been discussed in social psychology, specifically by Phillip Zimbardo (made famous for his role as Principal Investigator of the Stanford Prison Experiment). Zimbardo's discussions of evil, however, are simply done in descriptive research. To my knowledge no experimental research has been done, and like I said, I don't think any measurement tool exists specifically measuring the concept of 'evil'. To even attempt to create a measurement tool you'd need to create sub-scales measuring variables like the ones I mentioned above.
In terms of my emphasis in psych and the research I've done, I've definitely studied male and female differences at length, among both adolescents and young adults (developmental psychopathology is my specific emphasis). Differences among the genders is actually a big part of my thesis, but not really in a way that pertains to this discussion...sooo, yeah. Okay, I'm done for now *sticks her nose back in a book*
You go girl!!

I guess the simplest question of all would be "how does one define evil?" since every person, given their past experiences, religious alignment and life struggles, is going to have a different definition. In a post-modern society the answer is going to vary from person to person and social group to social group, so to give someone, let alone the entire gender, the title of "evil" probably wouldnt be wise anyway. But I am going to stop there since my area of study wasn't psychology.... lol

Last edited by Electra; 06-22-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:43 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Wink

so what's the biggest turbo i can fit in my car without getting a ticket??????
Old 07-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
I am wondering if anyone's views has changed? Or if anyone has anything else to add. Just curious...
Old 07-18-2009, 11:37 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
What I want to know is whether or not you've talked to women at all since then instead of sounding like a scared-ey cat on the internet.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by darkonion
I am wondering if anyone's views has changed? Or if anyone has anything else to add. Just curious...
If you are using this thread, or other people's opinions (real or not), as the basis for "understanding" the opposite sex, you are really over thinking it. Go to a bar with friends, get some liquid courage in ya, and just shoot the **** with some chicks. They are only evil later on down the road.

If you think the girl you have your eye on at a bar might be stuck up at first, use the method that worked for me on Thursday. Let someone else from your group (if you know them, they'll be less mad that you used their labor to get an in with the girl) break their spirit by beating them twice at beer pong, and then move in for the kill.

OR: Have a friend break her spirit by telling her she smells like bacon, then you come in and go "wow, that guy is a complete tool!" You can't let her know that it was planned and that you know your friend.

OR: Let the old rich guy at the bar buy her some drinks, then move in once she's liquored up and grossed out that some old guy is trying to get with her. As long as you yourself aren't a creepy old guy too, you'll look better by comparison.

DISCLAIMER: I have not tried ALL of these methods, only 2 of them

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 07-18-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:44 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
no not really.... but everyone's feedback and comments are quite entertaining...
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Bump! Because someone recommended that this thread be rebumped!
Old 09-01-2009, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Bump! Because someone recommended that this thread be rebumped!
I didn't RECOMMEND it be bumped, I said you might as well bump it rather than making a new thread
Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Meh. Still no changes in the opinions I have posted on here.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
My view has changed. I just realized I'm more eviler than women.

NOT!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by zergling
My view has changed. I just realized I'm more eviler than women.

NOT!
Thats the only way to beat 'em! That or "removing the head or destroying the brain."
Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Thats the only way to beat 'em! That or "removing the head or destroying the brain."
Kill it with fire?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
I vote against the removal of head.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:40 PM

Another interesting article!

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33614
Old 09-21-2009, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
dang one long thread and woman are evil =O