AUDT: Some women are evil!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 02:37 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Um. No. I'm one of those guys that doesn't understand nor want to take part in all of the bull**** that one seems to have to go through when attracting a partner.

And I was mostly referring to the "Guy standards? She's gotta have a vagina. Oh look! There's one! and another and another and another and another...." comment...and realize how being lumped in with guys that ARE like that are NOT helping my cause.

The only time I would ever call my partner 'Woman!' would be if I finish the quote with "WHERE is my Super Suit!?...WHERE. IS. MY. SUPER. SUIT?!"

That's awesome. Loved that movie and curious if they will make another one at some point.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:41 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
In all seriousness i have seen it go both ways many of times. And it will go on that way for years to come. There are good and bad in all walks of life in all gender and race.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:42 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by flukewrx

That's awesome. Loved that movie and curious if they will make another one at some point.
They made a straight to DVD release...wasn't that good.

Supposedly a theatrical sequel is in the works - but not before Toy Story 3.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by PenguinPrincess
Violence is unexcusable...regardless of why.

No no, I'm not the guru. But I've definately dealt with more men on that level than you have...wouldnt you say? So really...what WOULD you know about men and their evil ways?!
I'm a guy, therefore I think like a guy. A lot of my friends are guys, they think like guys.

Your response to my first part about murder tells me that you are taking everything I say waaaaaaaaay too seriously. Remember, entertaining debate.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Gibz
In all seriousness i have seen it go both ways many of times. And it will go on that way for years to come. There are good and bad in all walks of life in all gender and race.
+1

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I'm a guy, therefore I think like a guy. A lot of my friends are guys, they think like guys.
People change in a romantic setting...that's when all this "evil" stuff seems to be coming out...when romance is involved. Dated many guys?

Your response to my first part about murder tells me that you are taking everything I say waaaaaaaaay too seriously. Remember, entertaining debate.
Of course, that's what I'm trying to do.

But I guess we all have our opinions. No one is going to agree with everyone. There will be men out there that say women are more evil, some will say men...same goes for women as well.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:59 PM

I say it's all bull****.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

People change in a romantic setting...that's when all this "evil" stuff seems to be coming out...when romance is involved. Dated many guys?
No, sorry, can't say that I have. I guess it's hard for me to articulate properly what I'm trying to say, but things (situations) appear different based on the knowledge that you have. Kind of like how I will never actually know how a woman thinks (no matter how much you translate the actions into English words), you'll never know how guys think. That kind of puts the debate at a stalemate though.

But thats what I was getting at when I said I know more than you do about our "evil" ways, because, according to you, I'm the one DOING the evil ways. You can infer thought from actions all you want, but you will never fully understand the thought being put into the actions, unless you are the one doing it. Know what I mean?
Old 06-12-2009, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

I say it's all bull****.
Haha, definitely. There is really no one definition of "evil," people are too complex to analyze (and apply the analysis to a general population with consistent results), and I'm pretty sure no one that has responded to this thread has a PhD in psychological research, specializing in the interaction of males and females in relationships... That makes all of our posts just a bunch of unsupported BS
Old 06-12-2009, 03:13 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
yet another *high five* it makes TOTAL sense.

Then they go and act like nothing happened.
Man: "What? Why are you mad? I didn't do anything!"
Woman: "Yeah, you're right, you only ran me over with your car."
Hey, but on the bright side, at least it was a Subaru.

"I trust everyone. It's the devil inside them I don't trust."
Old 06-12-2009, 03:19 PM

Haha, definitely. There is really no one definition of "evil," people are too complex to analyze (and apply the analysis to a general population with consistent results), and I'm pretty sure no one that has responded to this thread has a PhD in psychological research, specializing in the interaction of males and females in relationships... That makes all of our posts just a bunch of unsupported BS
Even as a student of the discipline I can tell you they have come basically to the same conclusion - you cannot judge based upon gender for actions they may or may not do.

Though I did read a good article the other day on how men and women can't be 'just friends'.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:56 PM
VIP Member

Even as a student of the discipline I can tell you they have come basically to the same conclusion - you cannot judge based upon gender for actions they may or may not do.

Though I did read a good article the other day on how men and women can't be 'just friends'.
Yeah, but many professionals of the discipline like to think they are God and know how/why people act

By the way, what are you studying?
Old 06-12-2009, 03:59 PM

Psychology, AB with a focus on Child Development/Psychology.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:40 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned limited 06 WRB wagon
Well, I only have a measly Masters degree in Academic Research in Psychology, and I assisted with and then coordinated a Psychometrics research team for 6 years, but I'll respond all the same
Matt is right-well, partly anyways. We can certainly examine human constructs and provide valid and reliable results from construct to construct (i.e. measure samples using standardized tools and attribute our findings to the general population), but evil is like love; not really something you can operationalize, which is why the construct of 'evil' isn't one that is examined in any modern (experimental) studies published in peer-reviewed journals (there's some descriptive research on the topic, but that's not what we're talking about here). There are also, as far as I know, no measurement tools looking specifically at 'evil'.
Its more like you'd study 'dishonesty', 'aggression', or other variables that people typically feel evil encompasses, and measure those; but first you'd have to operationalize evil, which is a lot easier said than done! Plus since like love, what encompasses evil is so subjective from person to person, so its pretty problematic to discuss actually examining it. After doing a brief lit review, the concept of evil has been discussed in social psychology, specifically by Phillip Zimbardo (made famous for his role as Principal Investigator of the Stanford Prison Experiment). Zimbardo's discussions of evil, however, are simply done in descriptive research. To my knowledge no experimental research has been done, and like I said, I don't think any measurement tool exists specifically measuring the concept of 'evil'. To even attempt to create a measurement tool you'd need to create sub-scales measuring variables like the ones I mentioned above.
In terms of my emphasis in psych and the research I've done, I've definitely studied male and female differences at length, among both adolescents and young adults (developmental psychopathology is my specific emphasis). Differences among the genders is actually a big part of my thesis, but not really in a way that pertains to this discussion...sooo, yeah. Okay, I'm done for now *sticks her nose back in a book*

Last edited by Marit; 06-15-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
It would be funny if it wasn't true but that article exactly sums up a girl I know.

Okay, it's still funny.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Marit
Well, I only have a measly Masters degree in Academic Research in Psychology, and I assisted with and then coordinated a Psychometrics research team for 6 years, but I'll respond all the same
Matt is right-well, partly anyways. We can certainly examine human constructs and provide valid and reliable results from construct to construct (i.e. measure samples using standardized tools and attribute our findings to the general population), but evil is like love; not really something you can operationalize, which is why the construct of 'evil' isn't one that is examined in any modern (experimental) studies published in peer-reviewed journals (there's some descriptive research on the topic, but that's not what we're talking about here). There are also, as far as I know, no measurement tools looking specifically at 'evil'.
Its more like you'd study 'dishonesty', 'aggression', or other variables that people typically feel evil encompasses, and measure those; but first you'd have to operationalize evil, which is a lot easier said than done! Plus since like love, what encompasses evil is so subjective from person to person, so its pretty problematic to discuss actually examining it. After doing a brief lit review, the concept of evil has been discussed in social psychology, specifically by Phillip Zimbardo (made famous for his role as Principal Investigator of the Stanford Prison Experiment). Zimbardo's discussions of evil, however, are simply done in descriptive research. To my knowledge no experimental research has been done, and like I said, I don't think any measurement tool exists specifically measuring the concept of 'evil'. To even attempt to create a measurement tool you'd need to create sub-scales measuring variables like the ones I mentioned above.
In terms of my emphasis in psych and the research I've done, I've definitely studied male and female differences at length, among both adolescents and young adults (developmental psychopathology is my specific emphasis). Differences among the genders is actually a big part of my thesis, but not really in a way that pertains to this discussion...sooo, yeah. Okay, I'm done for now *sticks her nose back in a book*

Quick Reply: AUDT: Some women are evil!