ATTN: stolen integra type r

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:27 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
rsa wrx....like I always say...if a really criminal really wants your car...there really is no way to stop them.

They probably towed his car away and torched the clutch lock off in their warehouse. type R's are some of the most coveted cars for thieves...just make a crap load of cash off of those things.

I hate to say this but I had some friends through family that were into steeling cars. They'd offer to hook me up with parts when I had my civic. I turned them down everytime..including opportunities at right hand drive center channels and type r internals and what not. they'd steal each other cars for insurance money and what not. These guys where good. Local shop went out of business...some fraud deal. They pulled flat beds up to the double doors and stole all the cars off the showroom floor...hence the offer for the center channel for my civic. They were very cool guys to chill with and work on cars with and what not but not great people..you know. Luckily they have all moved on. couple have done jail time...couple just woke up and went to school.

But yeah...these theives are no joke. I've heard of guys drilling right through the side panel of a car to take out the battery so the alarm won't work. then towing the car away.

We all take HUGE risks when we put the money we do in our cars. It sucks...but sadly....we're gonna hear of this stuff more and more as people realize the market for subaru parts and how easy they are to steal. I hope mine isn't next...I hope yours isn't either.

sorry about the Type R man. I hope your insurance treats your well.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
They drove it off and left the clutch lock there, they had bent it just enough to get it off the clutch pedal... my friend said that he thinks that he didn't tighten it enough...
Old 08-26-2004, 11:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I'm so glad I have a garage. Sorry 'bout your friends car.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:10 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by RSA WRX
They drove it off and left the clutch lock there, they had bent it just enough to get it off the clutch pedal... my friend said that he thinks that he didn't tighten it enough...

wow...mental note to self....those infomercials are full of ****.

I thought those things where suppose to be insanely strong.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Aspin '02 WRX sedan
oh wait... I remember the rest of it... after the car was found, he was looking at the pedals and that is what was bent. they were able to do taht because like I said, he thinks that he didn't tighten the lock all the way....