ATTN: Shiv, Zoeb needs a tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 04:00 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally Posted by skywalker
I am glad to hear Davon won, if he didn't by a lot I would be very surprised. The mods on Davon's car would definitely help to walk all over Zoeb. Front Mount Intercooler, better flowing exhuast, and way more boost sure does help a lot.

Late,
Bill Knose
I-Speed USA
way more boost? 1.4 psi, which equates to 8% difference in boost levels

i guess it depends how you define "way more"

imo, i don't think those things are what caused zoeb to get "ran away from"
not to say that those don't make a difference or anything, but not enough by themselves to cause that kind of humiliation to zoeb
Old 06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
i am hitting 1.3 bar in 3rd and 4th, only in 5th do i just reach 1.4 bar and i never floor it in 5th since im on stock gearing.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by wrx ish

not to say that those don't make a difference or anything, but not enough by themselves to cause that kind of humiliation to zoeb

I love you, Ryan.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by dan avoN7
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...light=hamilton

haha also this thread. This was from the first hamilton meet back when i had very few mods. Even with good brakes some stuff can happen, he had brembos and coming into a turn his abs came on and he slid almost into the wall while i passed by on the inside. lol hamilton isn't the smoothest road....
Wow. That guys seems really proud of himself, doesn't he. Word on the street is that BADWRX is a MONSTER on the FREEWAY.

-Chris
Old 06-17-2004, 04:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
20psi from a VF34, and 22 in 5th? wowz0rz. IBboom.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:16 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by wrx ish

I agree that it shouldn't have been that much of a difference also, but you were there last night when Tommy drove my car and said there was a boost issue...not about not running enough, about how it climbed...

Then on top of that, he has more stuff then I do like a front mount, headers, way lighter wheels, 1 less passenger, no junk in the trunk ...I know weight doesn't make a huge difference, but I am just throwing in other factors beside everything thinking its just 1 thing.

As for the humiliation comment....I am not humiliated...Sure I would have liked to do better, but there is always someone faster and you can't compare a car that has less done to it and is partially retarded at the moment.

btw 1.4 psi more is a pretty big difference.

-Zoeb
Old 06-17-2004, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
20psi from a VF34, and 22 in 5th? wowz0rz. IBboom.
your boost gauge must not be metric..... i am around 17 or so in 3rd and just reachign 18psi in 4th. The few times ive floored my car in 5th i peaked at about 20psi. My car also has the supporting mods to run that boost and has been dyno tuned unlike the access ecu which they only run at 16psi.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:26 PM

should have bought volks zoeb It's also pretty hard to compare cars with different gearing, ill probably end up getting the sti ra gears once my tranny goes.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:30 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
once my tranny goes.

Glad to see you are prepared for it....its always good to be
Old 06-17-2004, 07:49 PM

Car Info: 03 sedan 2nd wrx
Originally Posted by skywalker
I am glad to hear Davon won, if he didn't by a lot I would be very surprised. The mods on Davon's car would definitely help to walk all over Zoeb. Front Mount Intercooler, better flowing exhuast, and way more boost sure does help a lot.

Davon, how much boost do you think you would hit in 5th gear? Do you think that is safe for you?

Zoeb how much boost do you think you hit in 5th gear and do you think that is safe for you?

Now since my car is just a little RS, anyone want to race... Is there anyone in the bay area? Bueller?

Late,
Bill Knose
I-Speed USA
I WILL!!!!!!!!
In/on my little ZX9R
haha
Old 06-17-2004, 07:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
your boost gauge must not be metric..... i am around 17 or so in 3rd and just reachign 18psi in 4th. The few times ive floored my car in 5th i peaked at about 20psi. My car also has the supporting mods to run that boost and has been dyno tuned unlike the access ecu which they only run at 16psi.
What is it...psi or bar? Trust me, I know the units I'm talking about. You said 1.5 bar (22psi).
Old 06-17-2004, 09:03 PM

Car Info: 996 Turbo,Gallardo,BMW 335,125cc shifter kart,etc
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
btw 1.4 psi more is a pretty big difference.
Actually, it's not. Especially when you compare absolute manifold pressures (atmos. plus boost pressure). Boost pressures, by itself, has little relevance. Also, keep in mind that there are three components in tuning for hp. Manifold pressure, fueling and spark timing. Attemping to hold just one constant defeats the whole idea of tuning. The hard part is finding the right combination. If that means more or less boost with more or less fuel with more or less spark advance (at different RPM/load zones) so be it. Really depends on associated mods and the "personality" of the car.

shiv
________
Arizona Dispensaries

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Vishnu
Really depends on associated mods and the "personality" of the car.

shiv
Yeah... Zoeb's car is "cranky."

-Chris
Old 06-17-2004, 09:10 PM

Car Info: 996 Turbo,Gallardo,BMW 335,125cc shifter kart,etc
yep.. as these cars are getting older, we're seeing a wider range of personality. They can usually be tuned to within 10whp of each other given the same mods. But their individual tuning requirements can be pretty different. It's interesting. When the WRXs first came out, they all behaved the same. I think a lot of the current deviations has to do with how well they have been maintained and treated.

just my 2c
shiv
________
Jaguar Xk6 Engine Specifications

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by Vishnu
Actually, it's not. Especially when you compare absolute manifold pressures (atmos. plus boost pressure). Boost pressures, by itself, has little relevance. Also, keep in mind that there are three components in tuning for hp. Manifold pressure, fueling and spark timing. Attemping to hold just one constant defeats the whole idea of tuning. The hard part is finding the right combination. If that means more or less boost with more or less fuel with more or less spark advance (at different RPM/load zones) so be it. Really depends on associated mods and the "personality" of the car.

shiv

speaking of personality shiv, gonna have to stop by soon and have you retune the beast. I had the fron half of the fuel system redone (ss lines, canton mecca fuel filter, etc) so its running a bit more "rich as a hilton sister" at the moment. If i can swing it i may have some larger injectors as well...

Quick Reply: ATTN: Shiv, Zoeb needs a tune