ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
NZO- that's a great route, but there is soooo much traffic out there. I'd still run it anytime and have a million times in the past since i live in Woodacre.
For the most part though we're looking for roads that not many people drive or bike on.

Right now Huck & cohlineman are putting one together.

psoper: I'm so happy you liked the CD. Maybe the next one i put together that the group BBQ's or something i'll do another. And ya i've played the s**t out of my copy as well.

peace- rich
Old 08-06-2003, 01:46 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Originally posted by bushido
NZO- that's a great route, but there is soooo much traffic out there. I'd still run it anytime and have a million times in the past since i live in Woodacre.
For the most part though we're looking for roads that not many people drive or bike on.
Ah I guess youre right. Ive never done it on a weekend so I never see anyone out there.

Are any cars welcome? I dont have a wrx but Id love to hang with fellow northbay guys.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Ya no problem. I've been trying to get my friend in his Mini Cooper to tag alone too. Just keep up

rich
Old 08-06-2003, 05:22 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Cool

NZO's route looks like a very nice scenic route, I too have done most of those roads and it is a beatiful ride.I think that would be very doable and it's a good one to take the better halfs on too!
In the mean time, Huck and I are concocting a little trip that will bring us just a bit further north but not too much.
Psoper , are you talking about the rally for TRC ? If so , I've already sent off my email amd membership! I will be buying pencils a stop watch and a plastic compas at longs for my young co driver!I might want to get him barf bags too, if he pukes in my car I'll kick him out of the house and stop paying his car insurance!
later
JV
Old 08-06-2003, 05:29 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Yes, TRC is helping SFR SCCA in putting on this one (I am the President of TRC as well as being an SCCA road Rally safety steward).

I would add hiliter pens and a clipboard to the list of things to bring, a stop watch might be handy, but a decent digital watch with a seconds display that can be set to "official time" is probably sufficient.

This event shouldn't require a compass- but if you do get into the Pan-Am style events, I'd suggest spending a bit more at REI or someplace and getting a good compass, the plastic ones at Long's won't give you enough resolution to make the critical judgements that that style of event requires.

Hope to see you out there - or perhaps on a drive on the 17th?
any thought of doing your run with Huck that day?
Old 08-06-2003, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

psoper: the prez of TRC & a SCCA road rally safety steward. Man you're cool.
I never got a chance to talk rally (WRC) with you in the wine country. We'll have to catch up via P.M.

Can't wait for the next ride.

rich
Old 08-06-2003, 07:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Wait a second, who is psoper? I thought I had everyone from the Wine Country drive accounted for. Psoper?

I also like NZO's route but it's a crowded drive on the weekends and I also saw a moderate police presence on my last drive down that section of the 1.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:35 PM

Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Thanks for the gadget list!This will be interesting.
The 17th is a bit tough for me and the ralley is on the 24th so I would like to shoot for 31st or the7th of sept.
I hope that's not too far out for everyone , but don't hold back on account of me if it is.I will continue to plan one out timing the "legs" so people can meet up at different spots who maybe cannot make the entire run
I would plan on about a 2 hr+ drive ending up at The West Pole Caffe and Bakery in occidental for either lunch or dinner second our choice of a morning departure or an afternoon one.Huck and Bushido will let me know if my route is worth presenting to you all.
Later JV
NZO, traffic and Porkchoppers not withstanding I still think your route is one to not be forgotten , oh to be able to take a weekday off for it!If you get bored one weekend drive up 101 to healdsburg get of at central healdsburg , have a snack or a caffe' in the plaza , head north on healdsburg ave to dry creek road hang a left and follow all the signs to stewarts point , hwy1 ,( you'll fly around lake sonoma on beautiful sweepers with a stunning view) hold on tight and have fun!Sundays this road has a strong sport bike showing , now those guys I respect a bit(read "a whole bunch") more since they actualy obey road rules!Look at your map and you see that once on stewarts point road you have 3 choices ...stewarts point to 1 and then south , stewarts point and then north on anapolis rd to 1 or stewarts point to king ridge rd (this one is fun , but be carefull of bovine traffic on the open pasture roads).
Do this from hwy1 in reverse and end up in healdsburg for a fine dinner at one of this little hamlet's unequalled dining spots!This will justify the four hours of misery you put you other half through if you have one , if you don't have that special someone , well you don't have to answer to anyone and you're probably not bitter all the time!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:42 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
who am I?

I was the with the black wagon that got lost en route to Valley of the Moon and then didn't want to wait around for the cave tour at Rutherford Hill.

In fact after that, I headed out to Guerneville, took the Bohemian Highway to Occidental then out to the coast via Coleman Valley then came back down 1 finishing up with the coastal section of NZO's route.

I have a particular fetish for the section of Highway 1 between Tomales Bay and the town of Tomales, you can get a nice drift going on those flat twisties without even getting out of your lane, its pretty sweet!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Ah-ha! The black wagon! Of course...

...so when we doing Tomales Bay?
Old 08-07-2003, 10:25 AM
VIP Member

Well psoper none of us made the cave tour that day. It sold out (which i didn't know it could) before we got organized. Ya i know those drifting turns you're taking about. We were stuck behind a truck for some last week.

I don't know about the rest of the bunch, but i can wait for you JV. Don't sweat it.

rich
Old 08-07-2003, 07:07 PM

Unhappy one week of Hell

Here I sit with my little car under her cover at work while I drive home in a truck of all things waiting for the lights to go out in Healdsburg!
That drive home when I'm done with my duty is the best though!
Psoper , how'ld ypu like the little strech on coleman valley road? Iam thinking of including it on one of our jaunts.I like it a bunch just watch out for the MOO-MOO's!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:40 PM

Let Me Know

I need to know a few small details in order to continue my mission.The route I would like to plan is to have an ending point in Occidental which would allow us to either say our goodbyes or enjoy the much talked about food at West Pole Caffe.I want to leave this end option open so that we can all enjoy a quality drive with no pressure on anyone too stay for din -din.Unfortunately this locale is only open for dinner on Sundays (5:30 pm) not lunch and Sundays are the best days for everyone from what I've seen in the past.
This would mean an early afternoon start instead of our usual early starts.I don't want anyone to miss out if possible especialy our fine contingencies from the city or the east bay and am worried that this may get you home a bit late on a work or school night depending on the form of torture you are subjecting yourselves to on Mondays.
So I need to know theese things:
PM start ok?
Dinner(early , 5:30pm) sound good?
Prospective date(s) 8/31 or 9/7?
Should we (I) start a new thread for this?
Who wants to hear the prospective route even though it is in rough draft form and I haven't driven the whole thing?
JV
Old 08-07-2003, 08:10 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Yea, hit is with the route.

Quick Reply: ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)