ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 09:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally posted by bushido
So, who out there is setting up the next one? If i don't hear any activity on the subject in the next week i'll do another. But it would be nice not to have to lead every time. You can only watch so much of the others through the rea-view mirror.
Okay, okay... how about something a little longer and winds a little norther that ends up around noon at a certain infamous pizza joint in Occidental?

2 weekends from now?
Old 08-04-2003, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Post ***** alert.

Forgot to tell everyone about Sunday afternoon. I got pulled over by an officer of the law.

You see.... after I left Petaluma I rolled out to Sacramento (insert evil chuckle here) and then back around and down to San Francisco. I had just turned off of Fell st (by the Panhandle) when I pass a cop going the other way. His head pops out the window as he scopes my car and he proceeds to flip a *****. Sh*t! I knew I should've put my front license plate back on!

Luckily, I have traffic on my side and there's 3 or 4 cars between us so I cut a right and then a left and then a left again but to no avail. I've got traffic and stop signs and he's still following me. I get to my buddies house and find a parking spot just as he rolls up and signals for me to roll down my window, "Hey man, can I talk to you about your car?"

Hahahahaha...

Turns out he just bought an STI and lives in Rohnert Park. And he's looking forward to our next back roads drive. In fact, he's probably gonna show up on this message board any day now.
Old 08-04-2003, 11:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: E28M5, RAM Powerwagon, Motos
WOW......

This thread got fuqed the shiz up.
Everyone so hostile. From the looks of the thread at this point, Indi looks like the nice guy and everyone else looks like dicks.

-Glad to hear that everyone had a safe trip and had fun, cept the bird.

-BTW: all the cyclists were part of a organized century ride. I drive all those roads all the time, cept when there are rides like that on route. It makes the drive much more enjoyable.

-If you guys are checking dates in the future for drives through that area, PM me and I can let you know about big rides going on to avoid.

-peaz
Old 08-05-2003, 07:45 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by wrexr
-If you guys are checking dates in the future for drives through that area, PM me and I can let you know about big rides going on to avoid.
Thanks, wrexr. We were actually talking about just that. Trying to find a Marin County Cyclist Coalituion website or something. So we know what days/routes are going to be busy.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:56 AM

lol huck
now we have an officer on our side when we go out driving illegally
hopefully i can make the next drive, im goin to try my hardest
Old 08-05-2003, 05:21 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Your right!

Wrexr you are correct I for one am a dick( happy , though)!
Thanks for reminding me , my wife usualy does that.
You must not have seen the original unedited version of Indi Rage!
Huck, you Dick , I was looking at the thomas brothers and talking with friends about just such a route that would more than likely end up at that certain place.I'll PM you and we can plot in secrecy not letting the others know a thing thus keeping our Dick status to the utmost highest level!We will then spring our dastardly plan on them and make them weep!Muahahahaha!
Later JV
Old 08-05-2003, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Mwuahahahahah! Pace notes abound!
Old 08-05-2003, 05:48 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
u have pm or pms , i don't know!
Old 08-05-2003, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

ew.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:55 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Sorry I missed this one!

I had a gig late Saturday night and was pretty much comatose until noon Sunday, but maybe next time, especially if it's the 17th, as I have that day totally free.

bushido- that CD you burned for the winery tour last month is some wicked, phat, dope, funky sh**! -it been the only CD in my car since the tour!

Oh, and you guys should come out and run the Rally on the 24th!
Old 08-05-2003, 11:42 PM

Car Info: '02 Subaru Impreza WRX
If you guys are planning to terrorize Occidental let me know. I might have some insight since I have been living out here for 20+ years. But I may not be able to join you. My weekends are fairly booked through August. That includes a surgery on my wrist from too much computer use. But we will see.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:17 AM
VIP Member

Re: Sorry I missed this one!

Originally posted by psoper
Oh, and you guys should come out and run the Rally on the 24th!
I am so at the Rallye!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:07 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Would anyone be interested in doing this route next time? Ive been driving it pretty frequently in the last few months and its a lot of fun, especially comming south on the northern part of HWY-1 and west to east on panoramic hwy. We could start from petaluma again if thats a good base for everyone. Just a suggestion! Im happy to see so many others taking advantage of the great roads in the area

Route Here
Old 08-06-2003, 12:51 PM

Car Info: Nissan S14 240sx
can anyone PM me or IM outside of forum letting me know where some of your other routes have been? (maps or something if possible)

i love going on the norcal backroads... i'm on the other side of napa valley though, but we have some nice roads north of here

i haven't paid attention the past 2 weeks to forums and i think i missed this awesome thread

whens the next one?

Quick Reply: ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)