ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 11:04 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Unhappy Golly-gee, are we banned from Marin?!?

I luv little deers , I luv driving at night with my new HID's too!Haven't been on a track but I am sure I'ld luv that too!I definitely don't want to harm cudly little humans in spandex with those adorable padded camel toes, some of my best friends are cyclists (Vinster , if you're following this thread, you better never speed or you may hit yourself!).
Now we all just hope Indi realizes that we may say many things , but being rational adults we do know that our little drives are not sanctioned by the FIA so we cannot go ***** out. Wrecking our daily drivers and killing Marinites are not on our list of things to do, though some people might... never mind.I just hope your little feelings weren't hurt because no one went your route.
You could start a new thread for a night time drive, but you may not get many takers after your tirade.
My turn...
"I live in Sonoma (county that is). I climb poles in Sonoma (county that is) 5 days a week. I know what's up (litreraly ).So don't give me any crap, fecophiliac!Unless you're a lineman and own a WRX , please take it somewhere else. And until you've been waken up at 1 in the morning because some@#$hole doubling the speed limit buzzed right into a power pole as you're doing you best to dream of some bassackwards girl you met at a county fair in West Sonoma (county that is)you have no idea what you're talking about."
Now that I have vented too (it's not plaigerism if the original writing didn't make any sense either!)I feel much better.
So Indi ,and REXGIRL too, your concerns are well taken ( the holier than though attitude has to go though, Indi, I could care less where you live), I do believe you should also channel your thoughtfulness to another problem plaugeing Marin Cyclists...and Bushido , a self proclaimed Marinite (with out the "stick up the sphincster" gene , I might add) knows all too well...
MARIN WOMEN DRIVING SUVs , simultaneously talking on the cell phone, coming down from their vicadin and chardonay high , feeding two soccer players in the back , inserting a Barney DVD for the 3 month old , putting on make-up and trying to push their 500cc breast implant which shifted back into place all while running one of us "idiots" off the road and unknowingly gunning for your 21 speed spandex wearing , camel toed booty!
Now tht's a problem for Condoleeza and her boot licker , G.DUBBYA!
Piece (of pie or what ?) out.
JV
Old 07-31-2003, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Cohlineman, I think I love you.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:19 PM

Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
got news for you huck

This might be tough but we're more than "new Friends" as you stated .My sources tell me that my mom is your dad's sister, third removed from your first cousin's side ( the one with no teeth and the Lynard Skynard t shirt collection)who got pregnant by the mall cop while dating my uncle who flipped burgers for your half brother ( who my brother did while in the juvenile hall) and then they said we had to live in Sonoma (county that is ) cause only the upper crust of the family could live in Marin.
This explains the unique mole we both posess on our left buttox that when observed upside down through a set of CircleK brand $1.99 sunglasses looks like this...

"Hi-Jack Your Own Thread, John Walker Lynd "
Old 07-31-2003, 11:25 PM
VIP Member

Sweet dude! Does that make me Storm Shadow and you Snake Eyes?
Old 07-31-2003, 11:35 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon black
i'll try to come so how do i get they from pittsburg,ca cheers
Old 07-31-2003, 11:38 PM

no damnit!
I never get to be Storm Shadow!
If you let me be Storm Shadow I'll show you the deer I killed the other night when my HID's caught sight of a nightime cyclist with a miner's light on and I swerved to miss him.And to think that all happened on the race track with my bad vision and all.
Good night , hope to see you ALL on Sunday.
I think I've lost enough weight to fit into my "Driven By What's Inside" skin tight cycling shirt with the padded crotch snaps to keep it tucked in!I'll shave!
Old 07-31-2003, 11:42 PM

Hey Raazin

Richmond bridge north to Novato , you can get off at south novato blvd and head straight through town , it becomes novato blvd and follow it out of town past the Nicassio resevoir to where it end at a T. turn left to to find the cheese factory on your right .
Now that I've gotten you lost , my memory isn't the only rust i got, maybe rich has a better way for you
JV
We're a hate free group
Piece (I like that better than peace )

Last edited by cohlineman; 07-31-2003 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:56 AM

Yous guys -

This isn't an issue of California Vehicular Codes, or where people can drive, or what roads are safe for which kinds of vehicles. You are planning a driving route through the backroads of west Marin: sounds good to me.

But from the thread it would seem like you are planning to drive faster than the posted speed limit in an area known to be frequented with cyclists. Perhaps you would like to start a thread about doing hot laps around an elementary school somewhere? The two ideas are just as smart.

Piece,
Indi

Huck, wow, you edited your reply twice before I did. And I don't think the third post on this thread qualifies as "not a peep" from me. I have raised this issue before and it turned into rationalizing a bad idea .
Old 08-01-2003, 07:38 AM
VIP Member

Indi, 9am Sunday. I don't care to hear another peep from you otherwise.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:52 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by huck
Indi, 9am Sunday.
...by the bike racks!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:04 AM

Peep.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Look i've lived in West Marin just several miles from the cheese factory for 8 years now. I know the roads and the roads bikers ride on (being a biker myself). I drive on the same roads almost ever day. And as a bicyclist never is more terrifing then someone coming up behing you in a car and coming too close to your handle bars. Just 3 years ago i was almost killed when i was hit by a BUS on my way to work while on my bike. After it knocked me to the ground the rear tires just missed running over my back. So i know the whole bike car thing OK A$$HOLE.
The drive will be a fast one but always in control and yes we will slow down IF any bicyles are on the road.
But as i've said a million times now. The route we are taking doesn't have many bikes on it EVER!!!!

Now you two jerks go and hassle some other thread and stay off ours.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:00 PM

Hot laps around an elementary school???Do we look like Catholic priests to you!!!
Most people who go out and buy a WRX or similar car have very little intention of going the posted speed limit , if you do to begin with it soon fades as that thrill of inching over whatever number is posted takes over. And this all happens whether a group ride post is started or not. As an adult I know my limitations behind the wheel and it is my responsibility to do what I feel to be safe and sane. I may very well do the posted speed limit on Sunday that is my choice, I will arrive at the meeting places on my schedule to see my friends and talk about what I enjoyed on my drive. That is the democratic, adult way without telling my very good friends how and where they should drive, we all make choices and we must live with them.
Now opinions are definitely like anus holes...we all have one but rarely does everyone want to hear it!Here's mine...
Now, about those Suv driving , money hungry harlots with ten kids in the back , an illegal housekeeper named Guadalupe who drives the hired help's Volvo with no liscence, whose breast implant still ***** a few degrees off of the other one, putting on the lovely lipstick from the botique while setting up her Pilates class on the PDA simultaneously telling her soon to be bankrupt husband that she's almost out of gas and can't fill it herself because she just got a gel job on her nails on the cell phone?!?!?
She's still out there...what do we do?
I'm not making this up, she's gunning right for you...can't you see the grill in the little rearview mirror clipped on your helmet!?!
I wish she was as courteous as the group of people I drive with on the weekends!
(get a...) Piece
JV

Bushido , you've done a fine job of organizing another fine day for us. It's looking good for me this Sunday.Pat yourself on the back and feel the love.Now the hot laps around the elementary school thing is just wrong , but maybe slow laps around the junior college (I was going to say high school but that's wrong too!)might be in order come fall.Sample pace notes...
Tight left , balanced right
Four straight, stare at thong
Hard and straight over crest, stare at bouncing chest
Turn out
Old 08-01-2003, 07:47 PM

Fellas -

(1) I apologize for acting like a dick. I try to keep it under control but it's just who I am.

(2) I posted to that thread in that manner for two reasons: so it would get everyone's attention, and and so everyone would pause to give some thought to the potential consequences of their actions.

Piece.
Indi
Old 08-01-2003, 09:55 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by Indi
(1) I apologize for acting like a dick. I try to keep it under control but it's just who I am.
You didn't have to explain yourself. We already figured out you're a dick.

Quick Reply: ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)