ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 06:25 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
I may show up to bring up the straglers!
Can't be sure just yet.
Huck's wing is nice , everybody!
If I do go maybe we could hook up with you , Roger , and head to the cheese factory , where you guessed it they have good cheese too! I'm used to looking at tail lights fading in the distance , might as well be looking at STi tails!!!
I'll be more sure if I can go on friday.
Ciao a tutti!
JV
Old 07-30-2003, 11:06 PM

Car Info: STI 2004
where is everyone ending the drive? don't know if i can make it to the factory, but woukd like to hang out w/ everyone
Old 07-30-2003, 11:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally posted by slvrsti
where is everyone ending the drive? don't know if i can make it to the factory, but woukd like to hang out w/ everyone
Bushido is Mr. Pacenotes. I'll let him field this one.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Man just a second ago i wrote out the whole corse in pace-note form. And i hit forum and not "sumit" I ain't doing it again. But for slvrsti trust me it's a great loop with fast straights and some very sharp turns.

We leave the cheese factory and "return" there in about 1 1/2 hours. It's not a wonderful "hangout" place but this isn't a real hang out kind of meet to begin with. It's simply a weekend morning drive before going on with our day.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
I don't even think this is an option but i'll throw it out there. If some of you don't think it's a full meet unless we stop somewhere and hang. There is this small breakfast joint out at Dillon Beach (where we'll be near) and it ain't bad.

I am just throwing it out. Myself i'm just up for the drive.

And since i lets some hours pass by and i've calmed down i'll give ya the pace-notes again.

1) we meet and start from the cheese factory. There we head (north) for about 1.0 miles until we turn (left) onto Hicks Valley Rd.
2) Hicks Valley soon turns into Wilson Hill Rd. A total of about 2.3 miles
3) Turn (right) at fork onto Marshell/Petaluma Rd and drive 2.2 miles.
4) Make (left) turn onto Chileno Valley Rd. Where we can do some real flying. This lasts are about 10.1 miles. The road comes ito an end at a fork.
5) Turn (left) onto Tomales/Petaluma Rd for 1.3 miles.
6) Turn (right) onto Alexander for 1.1 miles. Drive till it ends.
7) Make (left) onto Fallon Two Rock Rd and drive 3.4 miles till stop sign.
8) Continue strait crossing Hwy1 onto Bluff Rd for 1.2 miles
9) Vear (right) onto Middle Rd. Then (left) onto Whitacker for 1.3 miles.
10) Turn (left) onto Valley Ford/Franklin School Rd. Drive for 2.2 miles up to stop sign.
11) Continue strait now on Dillon Beach Rd and drive another 3.3 miles into the town of Tomales.
12) Turn (right) onto Hwy1 and drive south for the next 8.5 miles. This will be the slowest part of the drive but beautiful turns.
13) Once the the small town of Marshell turn (left) onto Marshell/Petaluma Rd.
Drive for about 10.3 miles until we return to Wilson Hill Rd and then continue back the the cheese factory.

The notes are really ROUGH so don't make fun. I did it off maps, not from the car this time. But i have driving this loop plenty of times and i promise very little traffic on most of the drive.

Hope to see everyone there

rich
Old 07-31-2003, 08:27 PM
VIP Member

Looking forward to it. Thanks again Rich for the notes. I've got plans the rest of the day but I'd be down to stop somewhere to nab a coffee and a bagel/donut or something. I'm just in for the drive.

Maybe we meet back at the cheese factory (per your route) and those that are interested could tool off to a second stop for lunch or something.

Looking forward to new faces. NBAIC in da house! (yes, I really said that)
Old 07-31-2003, 08:44 PM

Everyone attending this meet/driveare not very well informed.

The route chosen is a great route, but doing it on a weekend morning is not very smart. There are too many cyclists around. Friends, co-workers, customers, family, and MY WIFE ride those roads on the weekend. And planning a "fast ballz-out loop" on them is a sure sign you are not very smart.
Yes, you too.

"Oh, Indi, I can't see the cops at night!"
"Oh, Indi, my night viszh sux!"
"Oh, Indi, a prancing deer might run out in front of my '03 Aspen White Sedan!"

So? Killing a cyclist is somehow better? All of you need to give some thought to what you have planned.

And before you get upset and flame back, doing this exact same route at night is a much safer idea: the only one you are going to kill is yourself. Or maybe another deer.

At night, during the week: I am so in.
Spending an hour preening over someone's new CF wing on a weekend morning in order to let more cyclists on the road so you have a better chance of running someone over as you cut the corner on a 3-right-150 on Chileno Valley Road: you are on your own.

I live in Marin. I ride a bike in Marin 5 days a week. I know what's up. So don't give me any crap. Unless you are a cyclist and own a WRX, please take it somewhere else.
And until you've been buzzed my some @sshole doubling the speed limit as you're doing your best to hug the 6" shoulder on some bassackwards country road in West Marin, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Piece.
Indi

Last edited by Indi; 07-31-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:49 PM
VIP Member

Wow. I'd be down to discuss the matter with you in depth but since you decided to lambast me/us personally I'm not going to waste my words. Please take it somewhere else.

Last edited by huck; 07-31-2003 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:42 PM

See above

Last edited by Indi; 07-31-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:00 PM
VIP Member

Hold on just one second here. Indi, that is rude. You swear, throw insults, left and right, call us idiots and then go back and edit everything out of your post after I reply?

We've had this discussion running for weeks with not a peep from you and then you come out of left field firing insults along with your rhetoric. I can only assume Rex Girl is your wife that you recruited to jump on here and back you up (after you editted your post).

Like I said, I was down to discuss this with you. Very close friends of mine are members of various bicycle coalitions and I am never one to fly blindly around a turn. Just because I want to drive fast doesn't mean I don't want to share the road with others. You jumped to conclusions and insulted me and my new friends with your knee jerk reaction.

I don't want to discuss this any further on this board. This is not the place for this. I am insulted. But I know better than to argue with someone on a message board. People can hide behind their personas and assume whatever identity they wish. My name is Huck. I will be at the Cheese Factory in Petaluma at 9am on Sunday. Feel free to come by and introduce yourself and discuss this with me in person.

Quick Reply: ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)