ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 09:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
8/31

i'm drunk.

woot.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:17 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Re: one week of Hell

Originally posted by cohlineman
......Psoper , how'ld ypu like the little strech on coleman valley road? Iam thinking of including it on one of our jaunts.I like it a bunch just watch out for the MOO-MOO's!
Coleman Valley road is generally pretty nice, but it is very narrow in places and some of the locals and others drive it like they own it.

I've had a few dicey moments on it on previous trips where I'll be cruisin along at 7/10's staying as far to the right as practical when some SUV will come headlong around a bend smack in the middle of what's already a narrow road.....

Some nice "up and down" stuff though, and you gotta love the 5 mph hairpin at the end!

If your grand tour isn't lined up yet I might offer to lead a low key tear up around that way on the 17th, perhaps I should initiate a new thread...
Old 08-08-2003, 10:21 AM

Car Info: '02 Subaru Impreza WRX
I drive the Occidental roads everyday, and what he said about Cloeman Valley is correct. A road I love is Bitner road, but you have to be cautious of the guy who drives a Hummer at 65 on the narrow curves. I have almost become a grease spot by him on several occassions. There have also been a bunch of Davey Tree trucks up here trimming the trees on the roads. So there are a couple of safety issues that I see. oh yeah don't forget the antlered rats (deer). They are thick up here and satan's favorite beast for destroying the holy automobile.

Zach
Old 08-08-2003, 10:23 AM

Car Info: '02 Subaru Impreza WRX
oh yeah i will be 9 days post surgery and drunk on 8/31. 9/7 would work better for me.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Re: Re: one week of Hell

Originally posted by psoper
If your grand tour isn't lined up yet I might offer to lead a low key tear up around that way on the 17th, perhaps I should initiate a new thread...
I might be out of town on the 17th but if I'm around you can count me in for the drive. Shall we start a new thread for this one?
Old 08-08-2003, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by infinity5235
Here is the killer car among others at the last outing.
Scoop of DOOM!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:25 PM

jv, 9/7 would be better i think because there is the ralley august 24th that starts in san rafael, which is only 1 week before that
but thats just me

dinner at 5:30 is fine
ill do my best to make it, but my work scheudle is crazy because im working 50 to 60 hours a week to go to europe in nov.

max
Old 08-08-2003, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by huck
8/31

i'm drunk.

woot.
Um, I'll elaborate. 8/31 or any date there after is good for me. An afternoon drive is totally doable also. And I'm totally down to eat at this now famous pizza joint.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
The route seems fine. Alittle short maybe? but fine.

The dinner thing could be a problem for me though. Since i go to bed at 7:30-8:00 pm. But i'm not saying no just yet. So go on and plan it for later and maybe, maybe i will just miss dinner.

rich
Old 08-09-2003, 12:44 AM

woot
i have no work on the 7th so that would be better for me, and ill also be attending the ralley that starts in San Rafael on august 24th
best of both worlds

huck, answer your pm's damnit
Old 08-09-2003, 07:43 AM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
OK

We will plan on 9/7
Once I get the route driven out I can give you all a better idea of how long it is.
I didn't want to make it too long since almost everyone except for the those of us up here already has quite a bit of driving to do just to get here plus the arrival and departure routes can be tailored to suite each persons desire for trip length.
Psoper I'll pm you my route Idea and you can also tell me what you think, Thanks for your advice and road knowledge! Why don't I just post it for everyone's scrutiny?Here we go:

All meet at the Washoe House at Stony point and Roblar road just south of 116

West on Roblar to Canfield
North on Canfield to Bloomfield RD
West on Bloomfield to Petaluma Valley Ford and northwest to Valley ford Frestone RD.
V.F. Freestone RD to Bodega HWY. short hop east to Bohemian HWY then north to Monte Rio.
Left on 116 west to Cazadero HWY. and north to Cazadero.
Stop at general store stretch legs.
Head north out of Cazadero on Kings Ridge Rd.
Here we have a choice ( I know I changed it , Rich and Huck) If Tin Barn road is in good shape , I will find out next week Ihope we go north on Tin Barn to Stewarts Point RD and west over the Gualala to HWY 1 then...
South to Coleman Valley RD. up and down to Occidental where the Gunslinger twirls his Pistol!
I don't think it's too short , as always we will most likely run into weekend hazards on the road , drivers discretion is Always advised!
If anyone doesn't or can't make all the different legs I would like to have approximate times so that anyone could meet up with the group at various locations.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Sounds good JV. Thanks for working out the details.

rich

Quick Reply: ATTN: North Bay Peeps p. II (the back road weekend morning meet thread strikes baic)