Attn: JonP

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Attn: JonP

Union City

Three police agencies needed for crowd control: A crowd of about 500 people had to be dispersed by police officers from three agencies Friday night after Union City officers were threatened while detaining a drunk teenager at Union Landing, authorities said.

Officers from Fremont and Newark also were dispatched to the shopping center about 10 p.m. Friday after the crowd began yelling and throwing things at officers who were arresting a drunk 17-year-old near Century Theaters, Union City police Lt. Jim Bizieff said.

Much of the crowd left when officers arrived. No one was arrested, and none of the officers were hurt in the incident.
Soooo, W T F happened?!

WTH is happening to this city?! Dumbass kids used to be fake wanna be's... now they are throwing things at cops, shooting other kids...

Idiots. ****ing parents don't keep their kids in check.

-Gagan
Old 10-28-2008, 12:15 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
It's Trendy

There was a riot in Chico a couple of weeks ago...

About 35 officers spread across Ivy Street between Third and Fourth streets shooting people with rubber bullets as rioters threw bricks and bottles about 1 a.m. Sunday.

People consecutively lit about 12 fires while police shot pepper *****, a paint ball filled with an irritant, at students lining the streets in a riot that spread from Sixth Street to First Avenue downtown, said Lt. Jennifer Gonzalez of the Chico Police Department.

Police tried to break up a party at Sixth and Cherry streets but couldn't gain control of the crowd that moved into the streets, said junior Jon Friedman who was at the party.

"Fights started happening because people didn't want to leave," Friedman said.

Chico police did not return calls by press time.

More than 100 people cheered around a couch fire between Third and Fourth streets on Ivy Street as women on the shoulders of men flashed the crowd.

At 1 a.m. police in riot gear holding ballistic shields marched down Ivy Street yelling to "Get the **** back," and "Go that way," while hitting people with batons and rubber bullets.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 AM

Car Info: Blown Transmissions
Im sorry gagan ):
Old 10-28-2008, 12:58 AM

Car Info: RWD Camry
lol, I was there only a few minutes before it happened I guess..
Old 10-28-2008, 10:54 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX, tuned by Ed@EQ
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
It's Trendy

Eh, yes and no to this. When I was a freshman at Chico State, we had riots twice the size of this...hence the reason why Halloween, St. Pattys, etc. are hardly ever celebrated now.

I agree with the OP though...too many parents not keeping their kids in check.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
I was driving down an alley in SF (a one way street basically) And these 6 kids just keep walking in the middle of it...no respect or common consideration

Yeah the kids that wear their long white T's and their clown colored hoodies.

I have cool pinos in the southbay, but these SF pinos are a pain in the ***

sillypinos...am i allowed to say that because i have pino friends?
Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
It's Trendy

Man chico sucks, i honestly do not like that place. Sorry to offend I know a couple ppl from here live there. yuck
Old 10-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Car Info: '05 STI
lol I went to Chico State to

Sorry I didn't see this until now haha. PM me also next time :-P

Basically they tried to detain or arrest someone and their friends and/or the crowd tried to stop that from happening. At that point you had 2 cops surrounded by a good amount of people trying to possibly get violent with them and hundreds or regular people trying to watch it go down.

It was a situation that could have turned ugly very quickly. Nothing big came of it thankfully. Someone could have been easily hurt.

If there's ever some kind of crowd gathering around cops that are yelling for people to back up...and you really want to watch...do it from way back please

~Jon
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by jonp
lol I went to Chico State to

Sorry I didn't see this until now haha. PM me also next time :-P

Basically they tried to detain or arrest someone and their friends and/or the crowd tried to stop that from happening. At that point you had 2 cops surrounded by a good amount of people trying to possibly get violent with them and hundreds or regular people trying to watch it go down.

It was a situation that could have turned ugly very quickly. Nothing big came of it thankfully. Someone could have been easily hurt.

If there's ever some kind of crowd gathering around cops that are yelling for people to back up...and you really want to watch...do it from way back please

~Jon
If that was a case I'd do what I could to help the police, that's just ridiculous. If you give a bunch whiny teens an inch they'll ride all over you guys, can't let that happen.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
wait. Im new to the party, but how does JonP know all this?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Old School

Ucpd
Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Ucpd
so was that his helicopter circling my house that weekend i called you? I told you I'm not crazy G. you saw it!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by rau
so was that his helicopter circling my house that weekend i called you? I told you I'm not crazy G. you saw it!
Yes, I did see the helicopter circling you. At first I laughed, and when i saw it, I was kinda freaked about it, a little bit...
Old 10-29-2008, 12:27 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
No one was arrested?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:05 PM

Car Info: '05 STI
I don't recall if anyone was arrested. I wasn't working that night. I only know the information I know from hearing it in briefing and training. We talk a lot about things like this so we have a good idea of what to do if we're ever in the situation. The officers there and the supervisors working did a great job that night. The whole thing could have gone very wrong very quickly.

Kids in general are always going to show attitude when they're around friends. The really ****ty part is that no matter what they do or say...anything you do as an officer will always be done to a kid. I'm just glad nothing major happened...because when it's going down like that you can't distiguish between a 15 year old "child" and a 20 year old thug.

I remember growing up and actually respecting adults and "fearing" police. Union City is definately a different atmosphere and these are definately different kids and times.

We don't have a helicoptor, but we do have access to them quickly if we need them