Attn: Jeff ( Rescuer )

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by brucelee
You're very different in real life then you are online, and I'm the same way
I dunno man, I've hung out with Matt in person on numerous occasions. I dont see a difference.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Old 09-25-2009, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by rau
I dunno man, I've hung out with Matt in person on numerous occasions. I dont see a difference.
Maybe I'm wrong, just basing it off the little bit that Ive hung out with him.

Now you and I however, we're the definition of "different in real life"!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:44 PM

And last post before I go

Old 09-25-2009, 06:45 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
****ing n00bs, I've said it before countless times and I'll say it again:

If you don't like the way i-Club runs, then you can just leave.

That's all

Sure, I'm unhappy about some things here, but you know what? There are a lot of things that I still like about i-Club, so I've stopped giving a rat's *** about the things I don't like and I carry on like a mature adult. Simple, right? If the day ever comes when in my eyes the bad outweighs the good here on i-Club, you know what I'll do? I'll leave. Simple as that.

So for those n00bs that think they can come and act like some sort of "boss" on i-Club, forget it already, ain't happening. And for old schoolers that forgot their roots, check yourself. And you know what? If none of that happens, I don't give a crap, I'll stay on i-Club until I don't feel like it anymore
Then it would be the remaining 10 of you "OGs" reminiscing about times when you weren't all bitter and jaded. Which begs a question, how would you guys appoint the head "know it all"?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM
rau
Something Custom

Question

Maybe I'm wrong, just basing it off the little bit that Ive hung out with him.

Now you and I however, we're the definition of "different in real life"!
Daniel, you have my cell number. Other than the text to say " sorry bout your eye homes " you have never hung out with me in person. I talked to you at Zen for three minutes, and then you bounced. I said " yo whats up " at Hammy a few years back, and thats it. Now Yuri, Gagan, Joel, Aaron, Matt ( both Matts actually ) I have hung out with at meets, sat down with at meals, drove hondreds of miles together. Just cuz you know my name ans SN, that **** doesnt qualify you to say that you really know me. You dont know how my "online persona" and my real life attitude clash or compare. Dont say that you do.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:10 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Boo ****ing hoo.....
Agreed, I hate all you mother****ers equally.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:15 PM
VIP Member

please find a thread or post where I flamed/bashed someone for no reason at all. The only time I ever say anything is in response to people doing it first. Is that ok?

D-
Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Wait, WHAT? I was never stripped of my mod status, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I know I'm not innocent, and you can't say that you are either. You even talked about how much drama you were involved with at the Hammy meet for that meteor shower. You're very different in real life then you are online, and I'm the same way.
It's what I heard from a few different sources. Being simply a member of the forums I don't get all the facts, I just have to wait and hear stuff from others on things like that.

And yes, I was involved in TONS of Monterey area drama, but when was the last time you saw any of that pop up? How was I different up on Hammy? I was going up there to take pictures of the meteor shower and I wasn't going to let drama interfere with that. People from both sides of this issue have talked to me about their views. Honestly though, I have no reason to take one persons side over another. They both have their believable parts, they both have their obvious omissions of facts.

But really, how was I different? If a subject like this comes up, I'll put in my $0.02 CAD and some serious talk. But by default though I'm a laid back and fun loving guy. Ask those that have interacted with me in a multitude of scenarios.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:24 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by Rescuer
that'll do it
Old 09-25-2009, 07:33 PM

Wait, WHAT? I was never stripped of my mod status, I have no idea what you're talking about.
I distinctly remember about 5-6 months ago when you 'stepped down' as a mod and then regained it a few days later. Maybe thats what hes talking about.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rau
Dude, is this going to be a midnight coffee meet or something?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:45 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Dude, is this going to be a midnight coffee meet or something?
dunno, my friends are just leaving HMB now to get me
Old 09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rau
dunno, my friends are just leaving HMB now to get me
Alright, I'm headed to The Cats to get some pizza. If time doesn't allow me to enjoy it at home, I'll just eat it in the car.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
I just recently came back to the community the other day to hear all sorts of bs drama.

This really doesn't surprise me because A. its the Internet where all of us with our EPEENs have something to prove and B. the average age people act around here is drastically lower than it actually is in the real world.

What i have learned about forums is 2 things
For the Posters
You guys have to realize this site isn't designed to be a b***h fest, its supposed to be a place to gain knowledge and insight about vehicles that well all have much respect for. Ontop of that the bay area thread in my opinion isn't the Bay area b***hthread, if it was it would be named so. People who have problems with people need to deal with it face on, instead of sit at home on thier computers and sob into a tissue while they rant and rave. This feels like people being little children

For the Moderators
You need to be completely neutral. When you start hanging out with groups and forming friends favortism is a huge problem(I'm not saying don't make friends, more like treat it as a "work environment", I personally try to seperate my personal life from my work life, and i think that is something that needs to be applied to a "moderator position"). And to have the idea that "well i moderate this forum so i have the power to do what i want" is not a correct idea. Remember being a moderator is a privilege and even if you have been here for a million years gives you no right to ride a high horse. I realize you do some "work" making sure BS doesn't happen, and you have my gratitude for that. But where is the line between trying to keep the forum safe and happy and abusing the privlege you have?

I hope this isn't deleted. I take no sides in this problem, this is just what i have learned.

Hopefully i'll see most of you guys who i've been neglecting soon!

Cheers!

Last edited by Sharky; 09-25-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Attn: Jeff ( Rescuer )