Attn: Jeff ( Rescuer )

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:40 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
The ignore button is a wonderful feature.
Yea I got stiforfun to ignore me, now I don't have to deal with his trolling posts
Old 09-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Let me add one thing, I wish we didn't have to put people in time out but sometimes we really have to. We let a lot of things go, especially compared to sites like NAZIOK, and generally we let users say whatever they want as long as its within reason. As soon as the conversation goes from civil to nothing but destructive where it causes nothing but trouble, etc... Thats when it needs to be pulled. Just so you know, nothing is ever deleted, its just moved to a forum that only the mods can see just so there's a record of everything.

Like someone said, why does all the drama need to be milked online? Why can't it be confronted in real life? If it was brought up in real life things might actually get resolved instead of milked and beat to death like they are when they are online.

Everyone is tough when they are online, everyone is safe and everyone can easily say whatever they want... It's not like that in real life. In real life people have reservations and treat the situation with the care that the situations need to be properly diffused/resolved. Online there are hardly any rules and people say anything they want and it gets way out of hand.

This site has rules and it's our (moderators) job to enforce them. Someone you guys will hate us for it but all we're trying to do is help the admins of this site by having a civil discussion board. If people hate drama so much, why continue to participate in it?

If you don't know what to do in a situation, the best thing you can do is just ignore the person. If everyone followed this simple rule we wouldn't even need moderators.

With that being said, I have work to do and plenty of other threads to read, so I'll be taking a bit of my own advice.

Peace guys!

War is not the answer, yes, it's in our nature but look how ridiculous those cartoon guys look... Do you really want to look like that?

Sings: *Giiiiive peeeeeeeace a chance!!!*
Old 09-25-2009, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
Yea I got stiforfun to ignore me, now I don't have to deal with his trolling posts
Oh, besides the ignore button, an increased level of maturity will help you refrain from posting baiting posts like that one. That in turn helps the entire community.

Name:  the_more_you_know2.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  31.0 KB
Old 09-25-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
Let me add one thing, I wish we didn't have to put people in time out but sometimes we really have to. We let a lot of things go, especially compared to sites like NAZIOK, and generally we let users say whatever they want as long as its within reason. As soon as the conversation goes from civil to nothing but destructive where it causes nothing but trouble, etc... Thats when it needs to be pulled. Just so you know, nothing is ever deleted, its just moved to a forum that only the mods can see just so there's a record of everything.

Like someone said, why does all the drama need to be milked online? Why can't it be confronted in real life? If it was brought up in real life things might actually get resolved instead of milked and beat to death like they are when they are online.

Everyone is tough when they are online, everyone is safe and everyone can easily say whatever they want... It's not like that in real life. In real life people have reservations and treat the situation with the care that the situations need to be properly diffused/resolved. Online there are hardly any rules and people say anything they want and it gets way out of hand.

This site has rules and it's our (moderators) job to enforce them. Someone you guys will hate us for it but all we're trying to do is help the admins of this site by having a civil discussion board. If people hate drama so much, why continue to participate in it?

If you don't know what to do in a situation, the best thing you can do is just ignore the person. If everyone followed this simple rule we wouldn't even need moderators.

With that being said, I have work to do and plenty of other threads to read, so I'll be taking a bit of my own advice.

Peace guys!

War is not the answer, yes, it's in our nature but look how ridiculous those cartoon guys look... Do you really want to look like that?

Sings: *Giiiiive peeeeeeeace a chance!!!*
So why don't you all get together over a pint, say what needs to be said, hash out your differences, acknowledge that people are going to have not only differing opinions in this world, but obviously at times clashing opinions, and that is something that CANNOT be changed, and be done with it.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:46 PM

Car Info: 03 Bugeye, D675, Lightning
So why don't you all get together over a pint, say what needs to be said, hash out your differences, acknowledge that people are going to have not only differing opinions in this world, but obviously at times clashing opinions, and that is something that CANNOT be changed, and be done with it.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Trust me man, I've tried doing that but people don't like the idea of having to face someone in real life, it's much easier for them online, and sadly with online stuff there are no filters and people say things they really don't mean and wouldn't normally say in real life.

That's an open invite to anyone who wants to hang out in real life and go over anything that they have concerns about. If you wanna talk or whatever, lets do it! We're all adults and I think we could have a mature adult conversation.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
Originally Posted by tony1w
hahahahaha! wussup Les? Long time bro!?!?! You come here for the drama? Leme get some
hahah, yea but its like walking into a movie 1 hour after it started.. you have no idea what the hell the story plot is but it looks interesting n you wanna see some more!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by tony1w
HEY!!!! HEY!!! i sit down when i pee!!!!!!!
hey....me too!!! who woulda thought....
Old 09-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Overbear
You know, I am giving serious thought to making a offer to buy i-club (name, server, and rights). It would make a nice addition to some of the other sites I own, I wonder just what kind of offer it would take.
o rly?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
wait until the next generation of smart asses show up, you will be splitting hairs.
I thought that was me?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:58 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
I thought that was me?
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
they are already here.
please read the entire thread before posting.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:03 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Trust me man, I've tried doing that but people don't like the idea of having to face someone in real life, it's much easier for them online, and sadly with online stuff there are no filters and people say things they really don't mean and wouldn't normally say in real life.

That's an open invite to anyone who wants to hang out in real life and go over anything that they have concerns about. If you wanna talk or whatever, lets do it! We're all adults and I think we could have a mature adult conversation.
I agree! we should have a "Beef Meet", where we settled unreconciled hashes, and then eat some burgers.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
I thought that was me?
naw dude, yer like the past, present n future of smartasses!!!

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
mehh... i hear what your saying VRT... but im sorry... there was some pretty blatant calling out "straight to the face" right after bam... and what happened Matt ? the threads DISSAPEARED. The problem isnt hearing the other side opinion... its WHO hears the opinion and WHO has the power to do something about it. I read some PRETTY DAMM blatant " i dont like this... or i dont like that by this person, or what happened to this...." and those people were given warning points and had threads dissappear.
Churro Aficionado

are you buying the booz?

Quick Reply: Attn: Jeff ( Rescuer )