Attn: Jeff ( Rescuer )

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 08:56 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
Sorry forgot to mention this in my last post for the comment
If you don't like the way i-Club runs, then you can just leave

This is the high horse stuff im talking about. If you truely love the community you belong to you should be able to voice out and try to bring POSITIVE change to it. To say if you don't like it you can leave is a huge cop out.

I'd say
If you don't like how its run, try to use constructive critisims and not insults, demeaning comments or "nonsense comments"(such as when you are approached about something trying to change the issue into that of a personal attack)

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:11 PM

Car Info: .
Moderators with interests other than moderating is a big issue. Look at NASIOC, thats a big problem over there. Favorites get played, threads get deleted and it turns into a huge mess. Moderating should be a 'silent' job.

Plus it helps not having drama queens as moderators.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by rau
dunno, my friends are just leaving HMB now to get me
Ok, I don't know what "HMB" is, but I'm assuming its in SoCal or something
Old 09-25-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Then it would be the remaining 10 of you "OGs" reminiscing about times when you weren't all bitter and jaded. Which begs a question, how would you guys appoint the head "know it all"?
Not necessarily. Lots of "OGs" who were close, personal friends of mine have sadly left i-Club long ago, and many new(er) folks have become good, productive members of the i-Club community and have become good friends of mine as well. It's just the nature of internet-based communities.

As for head "know it all", that's an easy solution: it was originally Alex a.k.a. Imprezer, the founder of i-Club. After he sold the forum and went back to Mother Russia, there hasn't been and hopefully never will be another head "know it all", just some Mods and Admins to make sure the forum doesn't become a cesspool of cheap pr0n, scams, and spam. IMHO, we don't NEED a head "know it all" anymore, i-Club's big enough to survive without any one person, whether's it Imprezer, me, you, brucelee or anyone else on this board.

Originally Posted by Sharky
Sorry forgot to mention this in my last post for the comment
If you don't like the way i-Club runs, then you can just leave

This is the high horse stuff im talking about. If you truely love the community you belong to you should be able to voice out and try to bring POSITIVE change to it. To say if you don't like it you can leave is a huge cop out.

I'd say
If you don't like how its run, try to use constructive critisims and not insults, demeaning comments or "nonsense comments"(such as when you are approached about something trying to change the issue into that of a personal attack)

Thanks!
I appreciate your idealism, but remember, at the end of the day, i-Club's not a household, business, church, non-profit or any other sort of physical entity -- it's just an internet forum that happens to have meetings offline. And because ANYONE can join i-Club, your selfless efforts are going to be drowned out by the mindless blather of legions of idiots that think the anonymity of the internet combined with ownership of a Subaru give the right to be planet's greatest jackass.

You argue that my stance is high horse; I find it sad that you misconstrued it to be that way. My statement was made in reflection that i-Club is just a website, no more and no less. Again, if you or I or any other member were to leave, it would not matter to the forums at large. Conversely, if you or I were to do a kind deed for the good of the i-Club community, its impact would only be limited because of 2 things: 1.) BAIC is too big for any one act to affect the entire community (even Mt. Hammy and BAM have annually failed to attract "all" members of the community), and 2.) no matter what you do here, you will always have at least one group of detractors who will go out of your way to belly ache about what a crappy thing you did. It's the simple reality of any Internet forum, let alone any place where a bunch of ego's get together in one spot.

If you want to call me a "cop out", feel free to do so. Just remember that I was one of the founders of a weekly meet, that I organized two caravans to Mt. Hammy/BAM, and that I've organized a half-dozen drives/cruises and a crapload of dinners for the SF/Upper Peninsula region members. Do I do it because I want to bring a "positive change" to i-Club or to receive credit? Hell no, I do these things because I think it's fun, and if other i-Clubbers have fun too, then sweet, we've all had fun. And what happens when I stop having fun? Well, you won't see me post anymore, that's all. Simple.

So what's "high horse" about that?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Ok, I don't know what "HMB" is, but I'm assuming its in SoCal or something
It's short for Half Moon Bay.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
It's short for Half Moon Bay.
Well then I think those plans are scratched... HMB to San mateo to SJ doesn't take two hours
Old 09-25-2009, 10:15 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Well... I gotta say after reading most of this... I gotta say I am really glad this is all coming out to public view and it is all being addressed...

Somewhere in all of this there is a post about kicking back a few beers and letting the "liquid courage" to it's thing. Well... uhh, I am a little drunk Parents out of town + old high school friends = good times

I can add some more colorful words here, but I am going to hold back because there is a mod on my *** right now. So i am going to keep it brief and PG.

All I have to say is that in the beginning, before all of this blew up like an Atom Bomb, I wanted to talk it out. I asked the opposing party to meet me and talk to me (that offer still stands today). Since that time I have seen that person twice, and in those two times they have simple said either "hi" "hello" "good bye" "later" and "congrats on the new car" They have made no attempt to actually talk to me, they have only greeted me. I make it pretty obvious where I am, I am always at the meets, and I am always willing to talk if you just ask me to talk.

But whatever... interpret it how you want, I don't really care right now.

I read somewhere about sitting down to pee... I just want to say I do that. I do it out of choice because occasionally my #1's turn into #3's and if I am already sitting down, it makes it astronomically easier to just relax and let it all out... it really is AMAZING!

Also I have a little Fun Fact...

Keystone Light... Always smooth... Even when you're not!
Old 09-25-2009, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I can add some more colorful words here, but I am going to hold back because there is a mod on my *** right now. So i am going to keep it brief and PG.
Did he at least use lube?

And as for the keystone comment... I'm going to make a series of MILF beers. A blonde ale, a red ale, and a brown ale (blonde, redhead, and brunette). The beers will be able to be described as "having excellent body and mouthfeel, as well as being able to go down easily." Just like a good woman

Oh, also since they will be bottle conditioned the vitamin B in the yeast sediment at the bottom will reduce hangovers. Again, like a good woman, gone in the morning when you have important **** to do.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:27 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

wow... that is a pretty good drunk post...
Old 09-25-2009, 10:30 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I read somewhere about sitting down to pee... I just want to say I do that. I do it out of choice because occasionally my #1's turn into #3's and if I am already sitting down, it makes it astronomically easier to just relax and let it all out... it really is AMAZING!
I know what #1 & #2 are, but what is a #3?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Why did you have to ask?
Old 09-25-2009, 10:45 PM

Car Info: 03 Bugeye, D675, Lightning
Originally Posted by flukewrx
it is when you go #1 and #2 follows.... 1+2=3 (poopee)
Old 09-25-2009, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX - Grey
Not necessarily. Lots of "OGs" who were close, personal friends of mine have sadly left i-Club long ago, and many new(er) folks have become good, productive members of the i-Club community and have become good friends of mine as well. It's just the nature of internet-based communities.

As for head "know it all", that's an easy solution: it was originally Alex a.k.a. Imprezer, the founder of i-Club. After he sold the forum and went back to Mother Russia, there hasn't been and hopefully never will be another head "know it all", just some Mods and Admins to make sure the forum doesn't become a cesspool of cheap pr0n, scams, and spam. IMHO, we don't NEED a head "know it all" anymore, i-Club's big enough to survive without any one person, whether's it Imprezer, me, you, brucelee or anyone else on this board.

I appreciate your idealism, but remember, at the end of the day, i-Club's not a household, business, church, non-profit or any other sort of physical entity -- it's just an internet forum that happens to have meetings offline. And because ANYONE can join i-Club, your selfless efforts are going to be drowned out by the mindless blather of legions of idiots that think the anonymity of the internet combined with ownership of a Subaru give the right to be planet's greatest jackass.

You argue that my stance is high horse; I find it sad that you misconstrued it to be that way. My statement was made in reflection that i-Club is just a website, no more and no less. Again, if you or I or any other member were to leave, it would not matter to the forums at large. Conversely, if you or I were to do a kind deed for the good of the i-Club community, its impact would only be limited because of 2 things: 1.) BAIC is too big for any one act to affect the entire community (even Mt. Hammy and BAM have annually failed to attract "all" members of the community), and 2.) no matter what you do here, you will always have at least one group of detractors who will go out of your way to belly ache about what a crappy thing you did. It's the simple reality of any Internet forum, let alone any place where a bunch of ego's get together in one spot.

If you want to call me a "cop out", feel free to do so. Just remember that I was one of the founders of a weekly meet, that I organized two caravans to Mt. Hammy/BAM, and that I've organized a half-dozen drives/cruises and a crapload of dinners for the SF/Upper Peninsula region members. Do I do it because I want to bring a "positive change" to i-Club or to receive credit? Hell no, I do these things because I think it's fun, and if other i-Clubbers have fun too, then sweet, we've all had fun. And what happens when I stop having fun? Well, you won't see me post anymore, that's all. Simple.

So what's "high horse" about that?
The Bold caption is where I'm going to start
Any 1 person can change anything in this world with enough effort so i completely disagree with that point. Nothing will effect a single community in entirety, but with enough intelligence it can effect the majority which will act as the "set value"

Ok, if you want to see the "high horse" i'm talking about, you just proved it with this post "Just remember that I was one of the founders of a weekly meet, that I organized two caravans to Mt. Hammy/BAM, and that I've organized a half-dozen drives/cruises and a crapload of dinners for the SF/Upper Peninsula region members.

Who cares that you've made a meet or run this or run that, that's not even the issue i'm addressing. I addressed the fact the comment you made was a high horse comment because it resembles "deal with it or ****ing leave" That in my mind means It's this way and f**k you if you try to change anything.

I might be sounding high and mighty, which I sincerely apologize, It's not my objective. As again I'll say, this is all my opinion, so in my world it makes sense, in others it could be 100% wrong.

I personally believe in a more positive approach to things.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:13 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Did he at least use lube?

And as for the keystone comment... I'm going to make a series of MILF beers. A blonde ale, a red ale, and a brown ale (blonde, redhead, and brunette). The beers will be able to be described as "having excellent body and mouthfeel, as well as being able to go down easily." Just like a good woman

Oh, also since they will be bottle conditioned the vitamin B in the yeast sediment at the bottom will reduce hangovers. Again, like a good woman, gone in the morning when you have important **** to do.
That has to be the best post I have ever read... Thank you matt.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:15 PM

Car Info: .

I agree, I know how it goes with car forums, I'm not 18 and this isn't my first car.

Its just that there are some glaring inconstancies around here and some of those issues are coming from moderators. I don't think moderators should be in the center of ongoing, repeated drama. Thats all.

Quick Reply: Attn: Jeff ( Rescuer )