Attn: Gino & MPJ performance (strange customer service)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 02:49 PM

Exclamation Attn: Gino & MPJ performance (strange customer service)

Gino,

here is the story. Two weeks ago we met and agreed on price of the used tranny that you have in possession and cost of the labor to swap it with my failing tranny. Today I'm calling to set up an appointment and I'm asking you to put a new throughout bearing as well. You're trying to convince me to buy a new clutch from you, but I want just new bearing and used tranny. So you getting anxious and in the middle of the conversation just dropping the call.?! I certainly don't understand what was wrong with my request of the new bearing? I don't want new clutch cause mine has less then 10k on it since clutch judder serivce performed in dealership. I believe that the price you asking for the tranny is fair and labor is cheap, hence I'm prepared to continue our dialog if you're interested. It's not the first service that I done in your shop and it's really disappointing seeing you angry for unknown reason.

Regards,
Alex.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:53 PM

PM dude
Old 06-04-2004, 02:53 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by En3D
PM dude
exactly
Old 06-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
Originally Posted by alex8
Gino,

here is the story. Two weeks ago we met and agreed on price of the used tranny that you have in possession and cost of the labor to swap it with my failing tranny. Today I'm calling to set up an appointment and I'm asking you to put a new throughout bearing as well. You're trying to convince me to buy a new clutch from you, but I want just new bearing and used tranny. So you getting anxious and in the middle of the conversation just dropping the call.?! I certainly don't understand what was wrong with my request of the new bearing? I don't want new clutch cause mine has less then 10k on it since clutch judder serivce performed in dealership. I believe that the price you asking for the tranny is fair and labor is cheap, hence I'm prepared to continue our dialog if you're interested. It's not the first service that I done in your shop and it's really disappointing seeing you angry for unknown reason.

Regards,
Alex.
Hi Alex,

I was not on the phone with you but was sitting at my desk while you and Gino went back and forth over what it seemed to me was that you did not want to let us have the core as previously stated when you and Gino last discussed this matter.

As Gino stated it would be easy to install a new clutch and flywheel at this time (tranny out) and without being a huge cost to you, whether you brought your own clutch/flywheel or brought one from us it matters not on the labor side to install and that I think is what Gino was getting at not necessarily trying to sell you one.

I know you were asking for us to include a new throw out bearing FOC which was another point of contention based on the price of $1150 installed for a tranny from a 04 WRX that is in perfect working order it's not like we're over pricing it (even with the core request, as you know half your gears came out in your oil change but as stated we need the core as we only really use these trannies for RA gearset rebuilds)

As for the call dropping that is partly my fault, at present the warehouse (MPJ) phone lines are being forwarded while I am not there to me at the shop (my cell to be precise) if I am not mistaken your call was dropped by the cell not Gino.

PM us with your number and Gino can finish the call up with you and perhaps you guys can work something out on the core.

Mike

(510) 487-4447
www.mpjperformance.com
www.gb-motorsports.com
Old 06-04-2004, 03:43 PM

i just don't understand some people
Old 06-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
ALEX

Like I said no core no sale. It is not about the throw out bearing or the new clutch. That was just an advice to you and cost nothing labor wise to install.

Thanks

gino
Old 06-04-2004, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
they have a point, how many miles were on your clutch and flywheel? It would be a cost effective move to simply throw in a new disk and check the flywheel while it is out, it woudl save you from having to pay labor to drop the tranny and all that crap out to swap it out in another year or so.

So pay 100 now or pay 1000 later. That is what they are getting at.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I'll just restate it to try and get the point across: PM.

You don't need to post every one of your minor customer service issues on the public forum as if you're attempting to squeeze the vendor. You should have called back and clearly explained your feelings, or sent a PM to clearly explain your feelings, NOT post up in the forum.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
or not been a dumbass and try to screw people.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:19 PM

Car Info: GDA
maybe he accidentally hit the "post new thread" button instead of the PM button. hahaha. seriously though, things of this nature are best handled via PM.

goodluck on working out a deal.

Originally Posted by En3D
PM dude
Old 06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
they have a point, how many miles were on your clutch and flywheel? It would be a cost effective move to simply throw in a new disk and check the flywheel while it is out, it woudl save you from having to pay labor to drop the tranny and all that crap out to swap it out in another year or so.

So pay 100 now or pay 1000 later. That is what they are getting at.

$650 now or $1400 later

But either way this stuff needs to be delt with via PM

Send a private message to GB Motorsports

Send a private message to MPJ Performance
Old 06-04-2004, 05:41 PM

Mike,

if you followed our conversation with Gino, you'd probably noticed that I _asked_ whether I can keep an old tranny or not. That basically implies the question how much the core worth to you. What I can see from Gino's answer that it's priceless. Fine. But "core return" wasn't mentioned two weeks ago otherwise why would I ask the same question again?
Used 02 tranny on ebay cost $500. $700+core for 04 is not bad either if that price was for a dead core. But my tranny shifts fine in all gears with no grinding and going in first at 15+mph. The only reason I want to replace it is that it has output shaft bearing or center diff noise as speed increases. Mike, you said it yourself that metal pieces I found after oil change could be from center or front diff. I have 23k miles on the tranny. Clutch and flywheel were replaced 10k miles ago as a solution for infamous clutch judder.
Looks like Gino doesn't want to discuss "core" matter at all. That also I can understand. You don't know me and have no reason to trust everything I said as well as I have no way to verify that the tranny you got is flawless.
The question I asked regarding throw out bearing was whether I should order it from dealership or you have one already. I look on replacing it as a cheap insurance.

To everybody,
public forums exist to express opinions. If you don't understand or don't like what I say, just skip it. There are bunch of off-topic threads in "bay area" forum. Just find another one and post there.
I don't think that public conversion between vendor and customer should always be discussed in private. Publicity helps keep feelings in control, because you can't drop the call or yell.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
Hi Alex,

To be honest I do remember Gino stating core required to you 2 weeks ago while the pair of you were discussing it, perhaps either he was not clear enough (Damn Filopino's) or you missunderstood but either way I do recall him saying it.

Your correct on the assessment of your tranny but to be honest metal shavings in the oil is never a good sign so we can only take it as we see which in this case is unimportant as everyone knows we care not what state the gearsets we get back are in as we only use them for transplants anyway which may have been why Gino said to you on the phone that you could even bring in a completely trashed tranny in pieces as the core if you wanted as long as we have a core (this would leave you with your current one that you desire for whatever reason).

Certainly from the side of the conversation I heard on the phone the TOB sounded like it was a requirement to be included with the current price (meaning free). As I stated earlier the clutch and flywheel was brought up as something you could add in for free at the time of install labor wise (certainly a nice lighter flywheel is a pretty good mod that is a little pricey if installed on it's own).

You are right regarding that you have no way of knowing if the tranny we have is ok but if it wasn't you do have somewhere to come to and complain and it would be down to us to take care of your issues seeing as we sold it too you, if we took your core on faith and needed it for anything other than rebuilding would we have any recourse?

Lastly regarding people posting in a public forum, I for one have no problem with it we work on a lot of folks cars here in the area we have a reputation and we stand by it. If someone has an issue we will do our damdest to take care of it and have done so on the occassion we have dropped the ball in the past (and I am sure we will again in the future from time to time)

Mike
Old 06-04-2004, 06:03 PM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by alex8
Mike,

I dont mean to be rude, but please heed the advise of the earlier posters... I dont want to see your dirty laundry. Your skivvies have some poo stains
Old 06-04-2004, 06:04 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
I'm sorry but airing complaints that have no basis on the fact that nothing has been sold or exchanged yet is ignorance. This is not helpful or informative because you have no facts nor proof that MPJ is out to screw you. This post would have been informative if it was a vendor review based on exchanged goods or services. Sadless to say, none of that has occurred and you are airing an unconcluded deal between you and MPJ with the purpose of trying to get a better deal in my honest opinion.

We here at the BAIC have always expressed our opinions of MPJ in a constructive way, and our opinions towards this shop has always been a positive one based on *results* of a *concluded transaction*. Until you can say the same, please stop and refrain from thinking you are providing us with knowledge based on your limited experience. To speak politely, your publicity is not keeping any emotions in control, and it can only get worse if you continue to update us with a trivial issue that should be taken in privacy as this does not concern anyone else but you.

-James

Quick Reply: Attn: Gino & MPJ performance (strange customer service)