ATTN: Bay Area Folk

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 11:44 PM

Car Info: '05 LGT
Question ATTN: Bay Area Folk

I used to browse this forum from time to time but just became a member after it was suggested. that I post this here.My question is...I'm getting ready to move to the bay area to go to Sequoia Institute,on July 28th. http://www.sequoiainstitute.com It's in Fremont almost Milpitas, so I'm wondering where ya'll think the best place to live would be between Oakland and San Jose.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
I'm not from that part of the bay area, but i'll give ya my two cents. I think i'd live in Palo Alto, which is a nice place and just cross the bridge everyday. Mountain View ain't bad either.

Anyway welcome to the bay and i hope things go well for you at school.

rich
Old 07-22-2003, 06:51 PM

Car Info: '05 LGT
Thanks for the responses. Yeah rent and commute distance are my major considerations. I think I may have found a room to rent in east San Jose but I'm not positve yet.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
I live in Union City, and its not too bad. Actually its nice if you can get over the fact that the only place to hang out is Union Landing (a center with a bunch of restaurants and a movie theatre) which is the home of the UCKK meets...

60,000 people and they all wind up there on weekends...can prove entertaining.

Good Luck on your home search...I lived in an extended stay hotel for a month before I found my pad...
Old 07-22-2003, 07:00 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
East San Jose? Get out your nine and make sure you've got JHP
Old 07-22-2003, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
East Palo Alto is nice and cheap! Better gear up your Pit Bull though!

Actually,

Freakmont is damn nice, and is the safest city of it's population in the States. I commute to Mountain View daily, and the cummute is about an hour there/30 min back, but that is going around the south tip of the bay.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:07 PM

Car Info: Not a WRX any more . . .
Now you're only hearing from these Palo Alto people because all the Fremont folk are at the UCKK . . . so I'll give this a bump and maybe they will see it when they get home. (I stopped by briefly, some nice cars there.)

As I said elsewhere, you don't want to commute if you don't have to. Especialy across a bridge. But you heard all that before.

If the Peninsula had BART, we'd probably live over there. Palo Alto is nice, and in general over there the towns feel more like real towns than something someone threw together at the last moment as an afterthought (i.e. the entire east bay south of Oakland).

I've lived in Union City and Fremont. Fremont's pretty nice as a place to live, but I usually go somewhere else on the weekends. Union City isn't bad, but as robb says, not much to do but Union Landing. Fremont has a few nice downtown areas.

Parts of San Jose are nice, parts are really not, so know where you are going before you go there.