ATTN Asian Peeps: Good Spot >in SF< 2 Get Hair Buzzed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:15 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
btw, that salon you guys are talking about in SF Chinatown next to the police station is Beijing. I used to go there waaaaaay back in the day when they first opened, and it was a popular spot for a lot of the Asian hipdudes+girls back then. The head dude+stylist, Homer, did turn things over to his bro, who moved the shop around the corner to Stockton St. I went to the other place for a while too but stopped when I moved to LA. My current stylist actually knows both brothers. I could've sworn he said the other shop closed down too, but maybe i misheard him.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
btw, that salon you guys are talking about in SF Chinatown next to the police station is Beijing. I used to go there waaaaaay back in the day when they first opened, and it was a popular spot for a lot of the Asian hipdudes+girls back then. The head dude+stylist, Homer, did turn things over to his bro, who moved the shop around the corner to Stockton St. I went to the other place for a while too but stopped when I moved to LA. My current stylist actually knows both brothers. I could've sworn he said the other shop closed down too, but maybe i misheard him.
Yea Beijing... I think Homer still has a shop in SF somewhere I heard it was closer to downtown I think? But my godfather moved to Texas for a bit, then came back a few years ago and opened shop in Cupertino. Definately didnt close down I was over there a couple of weeks ago :P
Old 04-26-2006, 08:04 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Quit bein a spikey haired feg and shave it all off. OG monk style.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
ah...ok. Clear now.

Shoot I can cut a nice fade. I spent parts of 2 years in dorms with 90% asians.

You can park on the street a block away on new montgomery. It's a little hole in the wally OG barber shop. Couple russian dudes and Jack. Jack is the ****. I'm actually planning on hitting him up for a cut next time I'm in S.F.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:26 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Talking

what the **** is a fade? is this like a gradient from short to long hair?

No wonder all you asian people look the same, you get the same hair cut and try to confuse the white man!

I had to throw in some kind of douche bag racial crap cause I don't understand the point of specifying race in a car forum when it is supposed to be a community, not segregated.

+1 for home hair cuts.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
The place I go to is pretty good, its between 33 and 32nd on Taraval. I forget the name, I think it's something rainbow. It's like right next to Pierro's Pizza. Everyime I get a haircut, my friends tell me I have a fob haircut so I don't know. THey do a pretty good job.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Lol it doesn't have to be an asian place just to get your hair buzzed haha, but I understand your reasoning behind it.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:33 PM

Car Info: wrx
do it yourself. hard to find a good spot to get a fade.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:47 PM

sheesh, apparently it is pretty difficult to find a spot to get a good fade around my way. i know it shouldn't be that big a deal, but a proper fade/buzz cut take more than just a few swipes w/some clippers. i don't wanna end up looking like Kid (from Kid & Play) or Bobby Brown from his Gumby days.

seriously, i'm not looking for absolute perfection, but I don't want to end up like one them Asian kids I roll by at the 28, 29, or 38 Geary stops either. Most of them look like they got a big ol portobello sitting on their heads. LOL

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 04-26-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:15 PM

Car Info: sc300
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
p.s. No Whiteboys allowed........get outa herrrrrrrrre! (unless one of your Moms will hook me up too) LOL
/me leaves the thread crying.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by SnoHumper
/me leaves the thread crying.

aww, quit cryin'....go get a hug from yer momma.

besides, whiteboys are cool w/me. white girls are even better tho.

on a serious tip, if anyone else is looking to get their hair did (faded+lined-up) here's a few other spots in SF some guys suggested to me.....

IF ANYONE HERE HAS HEARD ABOUT ANY OF THESE PLACES, PLEASE CHIME IN.

Kings & Queens (on Holloway)

Brothers Barbershop (on Naples+Geneva).........apparently some Filipino guy is the dude to see

Chicagos (on Golden Gate+Fillmore)....Anton (1st chair by the door) is supposed to be the dude here.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:22 PM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
A few friends and I go see Paul at Hair Dimensions on California. It is right down the street from where all the Chinese shops are on Clement Street. He is not cheap - $35 for a men's haircut but he is a good stylist. He does it with scissors and rarely uses a razor. Included in the price is a shampoo wash with one of his female assistants when you come in.

If all you want is a fade, he can do a real nice fade with scissors only.

www.hairdimension.com/

Last edited by ZK; 04-27-2006 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:36 AM

thanks for the tip, ZK, but, I don't think the cut I'm looking to get would warrant going there. I currently pay just about the same price now, and, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I used to go to waste even more dough on haircuts in the past at several foo-foo salons around the city and down in LA. But I'm done w/all that.

There really is nothing like a quality cut from a skilled stylist. sometimes it's a little expensive, but it's usually worth it. a good cut feels great and will sit nicely right after coming outa the shower w/out even blowdrying or styling. and, yeah, most good stylists will do the majority of their work w/scissors rather than just hacking stuff off w/razors. i've seen some stylists that were so good that they cut almost as quickly and even more accurately than w/a razor. i used to wish i had talent like that, but then all my friends+fam would mooch haircuts.

anyways, i got several decent leads on what are hopefully good shops for no-nonsense cuts. I'm gonna try and pick one and take the plunge sometime next week.

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 04-30-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:15 AM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
828 Salon on Irving. Good haircuts for cheap. They can even hook you up with the Andy Lau **** do.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:14 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
Damn how old is this pic?

Originally Posted by c32c7
828 Salon on Irving. Good haircuts for cheap. They can even hook you up with the Andy Lau **** do.

Quick Reply: ATTN Asian Peeps: Good Spot >in SF< 2 Get Hair Buzzed?