ATTN Asian Peeps: Good Spot >in SF< 2 Get Hair Buzzed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:59 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Question ATTN Asian Peeps: Good Spot >in SF< 2 Get Hair Buzzed?

Hey y'all,

It looks like the weather is finally getting good here in Bay, so I'm planning on getting rid of my locks and going clean for Spring+Summer and probably thereafter.

My current stylist is good w/the scissors and longer styles, but I'm thinking it'd be better to go somewhere else to get buzzed cuz I've seen some of his shorter cuts w/the clippers and they ain't so clean. And most of my buddies still got them long do's or don't really care all that much about where they go, so I'm not asking them.

Anyways, if someone can recommend a good spot >>in SF<<, I'd appreciate it. (btw, it doesn't have to be an Asian joint, but I'm mostly calling my Asian peeps out on this cuz, as we all know, we got that mop top hair that cuts differently)

p.s. No, I don't trust myself or any of my friends+fam to do it either.....I've seen what can happen w/home jobs, esp from pissed off g-friends & homegirls!!)
Old 04-26-2006, 05:02 PM

Car Info: My Car
ask any asian most of them Fade their own hair. i'm one of them.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:05 PM

There aren't that many asian haircut places in the bay area. I go to A+ if i really have to. Most of the time I get my cuts when I make my regular trips back to Vancouver.

Or I go to LA.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:07 PM

Car Info: sc300
my mommy cuts my hair but im also a whiteboy
Old 04-26-2006, 05:20 PM

Location: My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes
Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by SnoHumper
my mommy cuts my hair but im also a whiteboy
+1 for good old Mommy!! I've been doing it for 7+ years, imagine all the money I saved and put towards my car

Cheep hair cut cost say about $10. I get it once a month at least so I saved about $840! in 7 years.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:22 PM

great, you guys aren't helping me much.

seriously, it can't be this difficult to find a spot that's good w/the clippers+fades. i'll probably do it myself later on like most peeps, but I wanna get someone that knows what he/she is doing to chop my moptop off first.

p.s. No Whiteboys allowed........get outa herrrrrrrrre! (unless one of your Moms will hook me up too) LOL

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 04-26-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:37 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
ask any asian, any real asian, and he'll tell you the best fade is found in your bathroom

Otherwise hit up some viet joint in Richmond or east oakland, yeaaaahhhh
Old 04-26-2006, 06:00 PM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
youre in SF right?

theres a place in japantown (i forget the name)

also, another place i go to is in chinatown on stockton or powell next to the sfpd (like less than a block south of it)
Old 04-26-2006, 06:03 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
can't remember the name of the damn place...

it's on the corner of mission and 3rd street. old school barber shop. Korean dude name Jack. Some of the best cuts I've ever had. Throws down with the strait razor as well. Nice clean lines. Nice guy. Decent price. KILLER Fade.

coming from 4th street it's on the left.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:14 PM

also, another place i go to is in chinatown on stockton or powell next to the sfpd (like less than a block south of it)

I wonder if thats the place my godfather use to own... then he passed it onto his brother when he moved to Texas. I forget the street its on... but it was close to the SFPD and the parking garage.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
i only trust myself to shave my head. one time i cut it myself, and i ****ed the back up soo badly. my gay boss at compusa made fun of me nonstop.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:40 PM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
Originally Posted by Rad One
youre in SF right?

theres a place in japantown (i forget the name)

Originally Posted by 510kut

I wonder if thats the place my godfather use to own... then he passed it onto his brother when he moved to Texas. I forget the street its on... but it was close to the SFPD and the parking garage.
is there an echo in here...here...here...

that MUST be a good place.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rad One
is there an echo in here...here...here...

that MUST be a good place.

Haha although I haven't been there in a whileeeee. My godfather moved back and he opened a place in Cupertino that blew a water line and just recently opened a new shop.

I thought he brother moved to a new place... but I'm not sure next time I'm in Chinatown I'll check though. :P
Old 04-26-2006, 06:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Oh...and what does race have to do with ability to cut hair? Or are you just racist and don't want to give business to white business?

Seriously. Just curious.

The guy I recommended is Asian but that's purely by chance. If you asked for a different town I would have recommended a white chick.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:09 PM

^^^^ i don't understand what the confusion is. but like I mentioned at the outset, I was trying to solicit recommendations from Asian dudes specifically because Asian hair, esp on guys, is a little different to cut. An experienced stylist technically should be able to handle all types of hair types+styles, but it's generally a well known fact that Asian dude hair is one of the most difficult to cut because it's so coarse and tends to be more spiky than other peoples' hair.

again, I don't care what type of shop or person cuts my hair as long as they can do the job right. of course, i'd feel more comfortable w/an Asian place/stylist since I'd assume they have the most experience w/cutting hair like mine. i guess this time around it really shouldn't matter too much since I'm gonna pretty much lop all my hair off, but, heck, i'm a paranoid+picky dude.

anyways, thanks for the tip on the place down on 3rd and Mission. If I don't find any other spots in areas of SF that are a little easier to park, I'll check it out.

Thanks for all the other replies and tips too. Keep the shops suggestions coming though. (name of a specific stylist would help too)

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 04-26-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: ATTN Asian Peeps: Good Spot >in SF< 2 Get Hair Buzzed?