ATTN All the people who did a big part in helping out at Hammy! Post here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by soundwave
Name: soundwave
Function: ice boy/drink refiller
custom title request: more than meets the eye
Indeed, I'll approve of this one.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:40 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
Is there a reason you completely discounted all the ppl that stayed until the end to help clean up all the trash? Is picking up boatloads of trash somehow less helpful than throwing some pizza in the back of your car? Is there labor not as worthy?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:43 PM
KareBear

Car Info: '07 SWP STi
Originally Posted by brucelee
I need your names, and what you did at the event.

Not if you picked up some trash or whatever... But people like Gagan, Aaron, Roo, etc... people who REALLY friggin helped out at the event.
You made a post about how the park was reluctant to have us again this year due to the trash that gets left behind. Now, I'm not an organizer and I definitely didn't spend a lot of my time with this event, but keep in mind that 300+ cars showed up and at the very end only about 10 people were not of the event crew. My fiance and I could have left like everyone else and leave it to the vendors and organizers to clean up, but instead we hung around and cleaned up the park and picked up everyone elses' trash. Please don't discount us. It's definitely not fun to break a sweat in 90+ degree weather by choice.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
glitch in the matrix? i see wingless w. posted but no post in thread!

must be the server move...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 PM

Whoa there. The people who helped clean up were def very important! Thats why I started this thread... Post here if you helped out and what you did!
Jeeeeze. Please point out where I discounted you in any way? You didn't post anything in this thread until now!

I couldn't personally be there to pick up trash because I was SPENT. DONE. DING! I was up all night and running around all day with not enough food or water... what do you want from me? You want me to stay around for whole event and pickup every piece of garbage I can find? I did my part... I picked up tons of garbage... bag after bag... Bleh.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:58 PM

Jeeeeze. Please point out where I discounted you in any way? You didn't post anything in this thread until now!
From your first post

"I need your names, and what you did at the event.

Not if you picked up some trash or whatever... But people like Gagan, Aaron, Roo, etc... people who REALLY friggin helped out at the event"

Pretty clear cut and dry if you ask me
Old 08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
KareBear

Whoa there. The people who helped clean up were def very important! Thats why I started this thread... Post here if you helped out and what you did!

I couldn't personally be there to pick up trash because I was SPENT. DONE. DING! I was up all night and running around all day with not enough food or water... what do you want from me? You want me to stay around for whole event and pickup every piece of garbage I can find? I did my part... I picked up tons of garbage... bag after bag... Bleh.
Read again the quote I had put in my post from you. "Not if you picked up some trash...blah blah blah...but people who really friggin helped out..."

Then read my post again. I'm not accusing you of picking or not picking up trash. All I'm saying is that your post came off sounding as if you think the people who stayed to clean up aren't as important as people who...picked up pizzas.

***I think you totally missed the point of my first post. Daniel, I never said YOU should pick up trash. I never said YOU should clean up. YOU did a wonderful job organizing the event for everyone! I believe I've thanked everyone in another thread for making my first Hammy meet so fun. It's just that your one comment may have came off wrong....

Last edited by STi_4_Keri; 08-28-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by STi_4_Keri
Read again the quote I had put in my post from you. "Not if you picked up some trash...blah blah blah...but people who really friggin helped out..."

Then read my post again. I'm not accusing you of picking or not picking up trash. All I'm saying is that your post came off sounding as if you think the people who stayed to clean up aren't as important as people who...picked up pizzas.
Yeah, if you picked up a bag of garbage, thank you...

If you picked up a bunch of bags of garbage and went out of your way to do it, then by all means, please post in this thread! I just don't want everyone and their mother thinking they get a custom title because they did a little to help out.

In your post you make it seem like the organizor of this event didn't put enough effort into cleaning up at the event! Thats the only reason I got razzed! Sorry...

Last edited by brucelee; 08-28-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by ucbsti
From your first post

"I need your names, and what you did at the event.

Not if you picked up some trash or whatever... But people like Gagan, Aaron, Roo, etc... people who REALLY friggin helped out at the event"

Pretty clear cut and dry if you ask me
Guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been... sorry.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:12 PM

So what the hell are you waiting for? Post!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM
KareBear

In your post you make it seem like the organizor of this event didn't put enough effort into cleaning up at the event! Thats the only reason I got razzed!
No way! I don't think anyone could have asked for much more from the organizers! You all went above and beyond and I apologize if it sounded mean. I'm more mad that not more people (who weren't part of organizing the event) stayed and help out. It was the least we all could have done for you guys.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM

lol..I didnt do enough to deserve any recognition, but I knew there were plenty who did
Old 08-28-2007, 02:16 PM

I have the perfect special title for Keri.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Daniel....

you did a lot of work. we all know this. other people helped. we all know this. I don't understand why it has to be in so many damn posts/threads.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:22 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I need your names, and what you did at the event.

Not if you picked up some trash or whatever... But people like Gagan, Aaron, Roo, etc... people who REALLY friggin helped out at the event.

Please do it in this format:
Example:

Name: Roo
Function: Delievered the pizzas
custom title request: (Its up to my disgression, so I might change it a bit, but will go with your theme. Or say "random" for me to pick one for you)
Name: mcdrama ( aka Matt )
Function: Delivered 160lbs. of Ice
Custom Title Request: Random or change my account name to matt or mattsn0w since everyone thinks I eat at McDonalds or am McDrama. #Old handle I want to get rid of but then nobody would know who I am.

Quick Reply: ATTN All the people who did a big part in helping out at Hammy! Post here!