Ass hat Porsche driver.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Subaru ring lands are a manufacturing defect, Porsche engines are built strong for excessive abuse...Im a Porsche tech and have built/worked on a few strictly track cars. Im not trying to say this was entirely his fault but he didnt paint himself a great picture.

And of course I never make any mistakes, I learned how to drive/race in the ultimate "***-hat" car. A BMW

All things said, it really sucks to have this happen and I hope he makes a wise engine choice for the next round.

Last edited by IHeartE30s; 05-09-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
hate to stereotype but chinese or taiwanese guy who has a poser porsche, an s2k and a Z...ferrari jacket -_____-

Also regarding an FIA license, there is a huge difference between FIA Taiwan, FIA China, FIA Europe. The main difference being in Taiwan its a matter of a phone call and money to get the license. In China its a matter of money and driving school. In the UK its a matter of money and hundreds of ****ing hours behind the wheel to get a wheel to wheel license.

I still don't understand why NASA or SCCA will recognize all FIA for wheel to wheel (not time attack)when there is an obvious difference. A lot of these people simply do not belong in an American racing environment.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
NOTHING tops the one that I saw. I wish I could have gotten a pic. Dude had a Carrerra GT ($440K) and wrecked it right up the street from my work. That's THIS:

This was on San Thomas in Santa Clara right near NVidia. Right front suspension was ripped off and major body damage. Basically, he got on it too hard and lost it and crashed into the underpass (Central). It literally made me sick to my stomach to see that car damaged like that as they pulled it onto the flat bed.

Maybe it is the same guy? LOL.

Last edited by 04GG; 05-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX hatchback Automatic SONNNNN!
yay internet hate!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by MonsterGC
**** happens, saying things like that is like saying any subaru owner who blew their motor or ringland is a ****ty driver lol.

Not to mention, he has to deal with a blown motor, and with all the internet ethugs, who are on the bandwagon. They all are suddenly experts from a video that show really nothing but barely a lap and a few mistakes.

Tell me you went to a track day and pushed your car and never made a mistake? When you do, you can say w/e you want and teach me how to do the same
I realize he's your buddy, I don't want to be a dick here, but he was acting very aloof from the moment I met him. Too cool for school but as with anyone, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't until after I saw the stickers and realized he had blown his engine that I had to raise my eyebrows and think to myself, "tool".

I realize I'm an idiot out there at times, hell I destroyed a set of pads and rotors on Friday, but his attitude really could do with an alignment. Lying on forums will get him nowhere.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Originally Posted by 04GG
NOTHING tops the one that I saw. I wish I could have gotten a pic. Dude had a Carrerra GT ($440K) and wrecked it right up the street from my work. That's THIS:

This was on San Thomas in Santa Clara right near NVidia. Right front suspension was ripped off and major body damage. Basically, he got on it too hard and lost it and crashed into the underpass (Central). It literally made me sick to my stomach to see that car damaged like that as they pulled it onto the flat bed.

Maybe it is the same guy? LOL.
Sweet cars! Shame to hear one go that way. If it was the same guy, it was just badged as a GT but was just a Carrera... haha couldnt help it.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by huck
I destroyed a set of pads and rotors on Friday
What replacements did you go for Huck?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by glenspen
What replacements did you go for Huck?
Hawk HP+ pads with Powerslot rotors

Almost put my face through the window adjusting to them on the drive home. :P

Plus, dialed in -3 camber up front. IBhuntingGagans
Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
lol he is thai,, don't get it mixed up hahaha

-3 is good up front, what were you able to pull out on the rear of those gr's?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
Subaru ring lands are a manufacturing defect, Porsche engines are built strong for excessive abuse...Im a Porsche tech and have built/worked on a few strictly track cars. Im not trying to say this was entirely his fault but he didnt paint himself a great picture.

And of course I never make any mistakes, I learned how to drive/race in the ultimate "***-hat" car. A BMW

All things said, it really sucks to have this happen and I hope he makes a wise engine choice for the next round.

haha i have 3 bmws myself, total ***-hat car =D just look at the video's passenger! says it all
Old 05-09-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MonsterGC
lol he is thai,, don't get it mixed up hahaha

-3 is good up front, what were you able to pull out on the rear of those gr's?
-2 in the rear on stock struts
Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
my question is this...

his engine popped... he had no idea if he was splashing oil all over the track or not... seems odd to continue rolling the track in the apex of the corners.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by huck
-2 in the rear on stock struts
-3F -2R????

I would call that pretty extreme....but if you wanna beat the Turbanator you need to get crazy with your setup

Who did your alignment?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by glenspen
-3F -2R????

I would call that pretty extreme....but if you wanna beat the Turbanator you need to get crazy with your setup

Who did your alignment?
That's a good set up for the track.

I used to run -2.2 and -1 or so in the rear on the street daily. I've run as high as -2.7 and -1.8 or so on the street on my wagon. Right now I'm at -1.8 and -.8.

I think it's a pretty solid number for the track and fine on the street if you don't drive a lot.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That's a good set up for the track.

I used to run -2.2 and -1 or so in the rear on the street daily. I've run as high as -2.7 and -1.8 or so on the street on my wagon. Right now I'm at -1.8 and -.8.

I think it's a pretty solid number for the track and fine on the street if you don't drive a lot.
Agreed, they are good numbers if you want to win.

Quick Reply: Ass hat Porsche driver.