Art Of War Chinese MMA

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by verc
Choku Dori: they've been around but have just got MAJOR financial backing. So expect influx of talent and more seriously trained fighters soon (I hope. Otherwise that would be a fail...)
Oh sweet! Like, how major? Chinese government major?
Here's hoping you're right! Especially considering that DREAM is having growing pains and Sengoku has slight lack of top talent.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Art of War Productions. Friend got back from a big leg injury, his only loss. His older brother owns Dragons Den MMA in Union City.

Name:  aowapril28th.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  80.3 KB

He's in the co-main event
Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by yayitzian
omfg yes. i'm soooo down to see face stomps and knees to the face while the opponent is down.
That's probably because you have something wrong with you.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
That's probably because you have something wrong with you.
Actually, allowing those techniques is a total game-changer. It negates a lot of the lazy and/or unrealistic things that wrestlers and BJJ players are prone to do that would be ridiculous in a "real" fight situation. I'm talking about butt-scooting, crab-walking, keeping a "three points" position while advancing or stalling, dropping to one knee immediately when caught in a flurry, etc. -- stuff that can make North American MMA look really stupid at times. Even integral skills such as takedowns and guard-pulling have to be conducted with better technical skill and timing, thus improving the "level" of the fight in particular and the sport as a whole. It also restores a realistic balance between striking and grappling in the sport that is more reflective of the stakes in a "real" fight, as opposed to the grappling bias seen in the North American Unified Rules and typical North American judging.

My 2 cents.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Actually, allowing those techniques is a total game-changer. It negates a lot of the lazy and/or unrealistic things that wrestlers and BJJ players are prone to do that would be ridiculous in a "real" fight situation. I'm talking about butt-scooting, crab-walking, keeping a "three points" position while advancing or stalling, dropping to one knee immediately when caught in a flurry, etc. -- stuff that can make North American MMA look really stupid at times. Even integral skills such as takedowns and guard-pulling have to be conducted with better technical skill and timing, thus improving the "level" of the fight in particular and the sport as a whole. It also restores a realistic balance between striking and grappling in the sport that is more reflective of the stakes in a "real" fight, as opposed to the grappling bias seen in the North American Unified Rules and typical North American judging.

My 2 cents.

You can rationalize your enjoyment of watching unconscious people get their heads stomped in all you want, in the end it's still wrong.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Choku Dori

My 2 cents.
That has nothing to do with:

omfg yes. i'm soooo down to see face stomps and knees to the face while the opponent is down.
There's something about face stomping that seems to excite him, not the fact the bjj fighters need to adjust their game plans.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Chinabox where you at??

I miss Pride so much it hurts my insides. Hope this league is close to that style.

NO ROPE :slaps hand: NO ROPE :slaps hand: NO ROPE :slaps hand: NO ROPE!!!

verc-What up I don't think I have seen you on here before even though you are an OG Always nice to see another Palo Alto head.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 12Teens crazy 4 me
I just saw that video, and their punches/kicks look soo weak compared to that of Pride, K1 and UFC...
Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
You can rationalize your enjoyment of watching unconscious people get their heads stomped in all you want, in the end it's still wrong.
That's what the ref is there for: once someone goes unconscious, the fight's stopped ASAP. Your argument is illogical.

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
That has nothing to do with:

There's something about face stomping that seems to excite him, not the fact the bjj fighters need to adjust their game plans.
I wouldn't know without hearing from him. As far as I'm concerned, it has everything to do with changing the entire game.

Originally Posted by queeg9k
Chinabox where you at??

I miss Pride so much it hurts my insides. Hope this league is close to that style.

NO ROPE :slaps hand: NO ROPE :slaps hand: NO ROPE :slaps hand: NO ROPE!!!

verc-What up I don't think I have seen you on here before even though you are an OG Always nice to see another Palo Alto head.
PRIDE NEVER DIE!!!!

Originally Posted by theoutbackdream
I just saw that video, and their punches/kicks look soo weak compared to that of Pride, K1 and UFC...
They're sanshou players, what else do you expect?
AoW is definitely still bushleague, but the rules offer the greatest potential -- it's all about attracting high level fighters now.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
JonMac fighting this weekend! Bump
Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM

http://www.aowmma.com/

Got tagged as Fight of the Night, glad he came out on top!

He's #1 in AOWMMA now, still waitin' for his break in a different league.
He's dominated so far, but I'm hopin' to see him start packing that flash knockout/submission power.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by iLoqin
http://www.aowmma.com/

Got tagged as Fight of the Night, glad he came out on top!

He's #1 in AOWMMA now, still waitin' for his break in a different league.
He's dominated so far, but I'm hopin' to see him start packing that flash knockout/submission power.
Dude, I finally looked into your friend's fight record. This is a completely different MMA league than the one we're talking about in this thread! Either you're really confused or you're trying hard to brag about your buddy here! I give him props for fighting pro (something I'd never do; I'm just a hobbyist), but you're not doing him a favor by mixing up the fight promotion he's in with a promotion that's 5,000 miles away (and frankly is on a much larger scale)!

P.S. Further Google-sleuthing reveals the Art of War league in China has been inactive since '09; their official homepage is down too. So much for a Pride FC revival in da Mainland.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 PM

O, wrong promotion, probably some AOW in the USA. lol
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 PM
VIP Member

America ripping off China instead of the other way around -- I think that's a first!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 PM

About 6:35 is when JonMac enters.

Quick Reply: Art Of War Chinese MMA