Armed Robbery just outside my building at work

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Or...it could be a real gun and they shoot you with REAL bullets.

Advice or survival - consider every gun waved at you real, loaded, and ready to kill you.

It's just a wallet and possessions - nothing worth your life.
That's exactly what the police are saying!

brucelee thanks for posting that pic, if I were ever in a situation and if I can snap out of a shock and look at the "gun" and notice the barrell, it's just good to know!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Would you bet your life on it? Or the life of your spouse?
Yeah, I'll be my life on it... Not my spouses however.

Even if its a real gun, I doubt the idiot teens could even hit you from 5 feet away. Especially if they hold the gun like a gansta... There's no way they are hitting ANYTHING!

I wouldn't do anything even if I knew it was airsoft, but I def would be more calm and not as scared like as if it were a real gun.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by adizon
That's exactly what the police are saying!

brucelee thanks for posting that pic, if I were ever in a situation and if I can snap out of a shock and look at the "gun" and notice the barrell, it's just good to know!
NP, and its really easy to spot... Its not difficult to see at all since it almost sticks out of the barrel and its brass colored.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by laoba
yeah, unless youre trained or very familiar with airsoft vs real i wouldnt take the chance with being shot with a bb pellet. ive been held up with a barrel to my face and i gave up the $80 in my wallet without even thinking. **** that, i didnt even have the time to think whether or not if the gun was real or not, considering it was the fastest and longest 5 seconds in my life
thats what she said?

yeah your work is pretty rough ed
Old 03-04-2009, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT 5spd
On another note:

Another friend of mine went back to his car to change after playing soccer after church one Sunday. Two guys came up to him and his buddy, one of the guys had my friend Jack(typical Asian guy, looking pretty harmless) at gun point, pointing directly on his head demanding the keys to his car. Without thinking Jack grabs the guys wrist points it down and away from him, and with the other hand grabs the dudes head and slams it into his knees repeatedly. Let's just say these robbers were shocked!

Note: Jack was a Navy SEAL in Korea, and trained with American Navy SEAL's.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Carry a 'dummy' wallet with a lil bit of cash in it and like, an autozone card, or expired credit card, or the lame one you get with a "credit opportunity". And a note that says "Owned". Give that one up with the iPod and 90% of the time you'll be fine. If the guys are gonna beat you down to take your stuff, it'll happen in a sneak attack from the getgo, rather than them walking up and sayin "break yo self fool".
Old 03-06-2009, 03:37 PM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
OK you HAVE to be retarded to even consider risking your life for your wallet. Even if is "just" a knife or bb gun. You do ont know who that other person is. No matter how much training you have there is always a chance you will lose your life. You may think you are He-Man and the master of the universe but it is a sad reality that you are not. Do not let your ego end your life.