Arizona to Los Angelis: "**** with the bull, get the horns."

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
**** arizona....let the civil war beging!...
Old 05-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Car Info: WRX
Lol. Karma sucks.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:38 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by turfshark
do people really believe this will happen? the economic and political ramifications alone are mind boggling. but lets look at a more basic level. you do know that there are more than just homes in l.a. right? police stations, hospitals, govt buildings (state and federal) transportation, etc. do you think they will just let them run on generators?
Should have thought of that before encouraging a senseless boycot on a state that supplies them with lots of power.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

FWIW, the law itself is 18 pages, not the 14 i previously said.

but here it is, from the horse's mouth:

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070h.pdf
Old 05-19-2010, 09:57 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

i was just thinking... in the long run, this might be a good idea.

after all, all the talking bobblheads, er politicians and all the greenie hippies keep yelling for the kalifornia to go green...

maybe this will push them to just work faster... lol...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by RU-X
thats beucase fox news got the hot girls! and CNN is second for brooke baldwin.
the super educated hot blondes definitely trump the short haired, not so good looking smart brunette news women lol
Old 05-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by stirs
**** arizona....let the civil war beging!...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
^lmao..... nice!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
bahh, she has her days.

Originally Posted by medicSTi
the super educated hot blondes definitely trump the short haired, not so good looking smart brunette news women lol
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
Originally Posted by turfshark
do people really believe this will happen? the economic and political ramifications alone are mind boggling. but lets look at a more basic level. you do know that there are more than just homes in l.a. right? police stations, hospitals, govt buildings (state and federal) transportation, etc. do you think they will just let them run on generators?
They are not losing ALL power. I'm sure the hospitals, police stations, etc will get the 75% of power that is still available.

Good for Arizona. I'm so tired of all the whiney, welfare case B.S. that has been going on. Car forums are a great place to see this stuff. People who spend every dime to build a race car, but can't afford to go to the track or meets, etc. Why not buy a parachute, and then never go skydiving.

And Paul is right, but I would ammend his comment. If you can't do something or provide something or pay someone to provide something for you, then you don't need it.

Americans live so far outside their means. I have lived in a few place around the world, and even the poor in America have it pretty good compared to other countries.

I do apologize for the rant. This is just my biggest annoyance right now.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:29 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
Originally Posted by STi33W
They are not losing ALL power. I'm sure the hospitals, police stations, etc will get the 75% of power that is still available.

Good for Arizona. I'm so tired of all the whiney, welfare case B.S. that has been going on. Car forums are a great place to see this stuff. People who spend every dime to build a race car, but can't afford to go to the track or meets, etc. Why not buy a parachute, and then never go skydiving.

And Paul is right, but I would ammend his comment. If you can't do something or provide something or pay someone to provide something for you, then you don't need it.

Americans live so far outside their means. I have lived in a few place around the world, and even the poor in America have it pretty good compared to other countries.

I do apologize for the rant. This is just my biggest annoyance right now.
yeah, apparently it's going SO GOOD for arizona, they want their undocumented workers back!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
I honestly think AZ is smart by using power as leverage against LA.
I however don't agree with their immigration law, as it leaves too much room for profiling and racial issues.
IMHO, it's a good idea and law on PAPER, but impossible to enforce without the racial issues that will obviously arise.
The ends do not justify the means, in this case
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
video above ^^^ bad idea. That steel company is probably losing money because he can't screw over those illegal immigrants. Now he has to pay lawful wages. OH DARN.

MORE WHINING.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:42 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX
Whether you think fox is fair and balanced or not it appears that they broke this story in a way that implied Arizona had some control over the power that goes to LA...which it doesn't

Noting that a quarter of Los Angeles' electricity comes from Arizona power plants, Pierce threatened to pull the plug if the City Council does not reconsider.
After watching an interview of Pierce by a fox news corespondent (not a hot one don't know her name) it's clear that all Pierce was saying is that if they want to boycott AZ than LA should sack up and boycott everything including the power that LA OWNS in arizona. which is where the quote below comes into play, where if LA decided they did want to sell the power that THEY OWN in arizona he would be happy to assist them in that proccess

"If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation."
PIERCE AND ARIZONA HAVE NO POWER WHATSOEVER TO TURN OFF THE POWER TO LA
/thread

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4204266/f...-with-blackout
^pierce interview
Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Car Info: 2010 WRX 5dr
^^ OH SNAP! lol...it was too weird to be true. And Az is way over its head thinking that they can bully Ca (The 8th largest economy in the world). And I am saying Ca. because if that (erroneous) event would ever to happen, it would be considered a state emergency. Just sayin...

Revised score:
Az=0, LA=1

Oh, and there goes another fine example of Fox News

Last edited by guitar_player; 05-20-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Arizona to Los Angelis: "**** with the bull, get the horns."