A'PEXi Turbo Timer

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:50 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
A'PEXi Turbo Timer

Hey guys, so I finished installing my turbo timer. It works great, execept I have one little problem. After I pull the key out and the timer is running for timed shutdown, I can't lock my car when I get out.sAgger engine shuts down, I can lock it. Is this normal or maybe something wrong with the wire?

My o2 wire and ground wire are grounded so I don't have the o2 sensor option enabled. My friend thinks it's perhaps when I clamped the harness wire to the parking break wire, it didn't make contact, but I seriously doubt that because I clamped it good and it had to have slipced the wires and made contact.

Any ideas?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Yes it is normal. No way around it. Unless you do it manually before exiting your car.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 PM

manually locking the car from the inside fails because once the engine shutsoff the locks autounlocks.... :/

Somethings wrong because the spliced wire from the harness to the ebrake switch serves no purpose and now when the key is in on position and ebrake is pulled or down, the brake light will only register that it's engaged but when the engine is on, it functions just fine.

What's the function of splicing the gray wire from the relay harness to the parking brake switch? Regardless of whether the brake is engaged or not, the engine still ****s off.

Did I do something wrong?

The timer serves it's purpose of the countdown shutoff but just some things I notice.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Well yours should have came with a harness. All I did was hook up the harness and connect the ground to the ebrake. That was it.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:54 AM

Yeah, I got an HKS harness or else it wouldn't have worked.

My question is, does the EBrake switch serve any purpose, or did I wire the gray wire to the EBrake switch for no reason? My white and black wires are grounded since I'm not using the o2 sensor anyways...why'd they make me wire something that serves no purpose...
Old 06-23-2010, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
I'm using the same TT with the HKS harness. I remember having to clip a green wire on my OEM alarm in order to be able to lock my car from outside with the keyless remote. I think there was some info on it I found on scoobymods or nasioc.

The ebrake switch is there so if your car is still running w/ out the keys in the ignition (counting down) and you put the ebrake down it will shut the car off. This is to prevent you or someone else from driving the car without keys in the ignition.

I won't be home for a few days, but maybe I can check my wiring for you when I get back.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 AM

Car Info: RWD Camry
The gray wire should either be connected to the parking brake wire or grounded. If it is wired in, it will sense the difference in voltage from the lever and will time down or shut off when up or down.

I vaguely remember there being a certain wire you cut in the wireless entry system that allows the car to be locked while the engine is running.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/23645-post12.html

Don't know how similar it would be to your year, but it looks like it is a green wire as stg2lgcy00 suggested.

Last edited by Pactin; 06-23-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
I'm using the same TT with the HKS harness. I remember having to clip a green wire on my OEM alarm in order to be able to lock my car from outside with the keyless remote. I think there was some info on it I found on scoobymods or nasioc.

The ebrake switch is there so if your car is still running w/ out the keys in the ignition (counting down) and you put the ebrake down it will shut the car off. This is to prevent you or someone else from driving the car without keys in the ignition.

I won't be home for a few days, but maybe I can check my wiring for you when I get back.
When you say clip a green wire on the OEM alarm, do you mean just cut it off completely?

The only green wire that I remember seeing, anywhere, is the green wire running from the ebrake sensor, but I assume that's not the one you're talking about?

Yeah, if you can check your wiring for me, that would be reallllly helpful!

Originally Posted by Pactin
The gray wire should either be connected to the parking brake wire or grounded. If it is wired in, it will sense the difference in voltage from the lever and will time down or shut off when up or down.

I vaguely remember there being a certain wire you cut in the wireless entry system that allows the car to be locked while the engine is running.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/23645-post12.html

Don't know how similar it would be to your year, but it looks like it is a green wire as stg2lgcy00 suggested.
Yeah, if that's the case, then the little red splicer that apexi required me to use didn't make contact, or at least full contact, with the gray wire from the TT relay or the green sensor wire from the parking brake.

So my two main concerns are the parking brake issue and the alarming during countdown while key is removed. I won't worry about the alarming issue now until stg2lgcy00 checks his wiring for me, if not no biggie I'll try to look around for that some more. I'll just take the red connector off that apexi wanted me to use, which obviously didn't make proper connection, cut the green parking brake wire, connect one end of the green brake wire to the gray wire with a connector and connect the other end of the green brake wire to another connector and then connect both connectors together

itll all be connected!!!!

thanks for everyone's patience and help so far!!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Car Info: WRX
Yup, you gotta cut a green wire. That's all I can remember that I did and you haven't.

Mine locks while still on timer.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
That would be the green wire going into the alarm/lock brain under the dash!

Mike
Old 06-23-2010, 01:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
^ Yup do this, you don't need to be cutting any green wire going to your ebrake.

Check the lower left side under your driver side dash for the alarm brain, thats where mine was at least.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:09 PM

Okay, so I found what you were talking about Mike, the alarm control unit. It's a black box and it has "KARR..." and some numbers on it. The problem is, there are multiple green wires. Two plugs on either side of the unit have different shades of green wires and on one side, there's a small plug with blue green black red wires, respectively and next to that is another small plug with a black and gray wire.

Which green wire?
Old 06-23-2010, 04:04 PM

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...disp=inline&zw

This is what I see
Old 06-23-2010, 04:05 PM

the wires on the bottom left corner is the small plug with blue green black and red
Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM

Ok so I cut the green wire on the keyless entry unit like the guy on the link said, my car definitely locks When timer is counting down but when engine shuts off the locks autounlocks

Updated

Quick Reply: A'PEXi Turbo Timer