Is ANYTHING happening on August 9th? Trying to plan the Annual Meet.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:35 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by brucelee
To rent quarry lakes is NOT $1000, not even close. To rent a HUUUUGE picnic area it is $140 total. I don't know where anyone got $1000! I can rent the whole Joseph D Grant park (Hammy), the WHOLE entire park for less then $500. (or maybe a little more then $500).

I don't know who told you guys $1000, and you can't lose out on a deposit, a deposit is a deposit, if you bail you get your money back but have to pay tax or something.
QL was right around $1000 (for Ensenada north AND south and an alcohol permit (which is what we got))

just FYI.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 03-27-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
QL was right around $1000

just FYI.
Which part of it? I called about 4 months ago to get a price and it was $140 for that huge picnic area that we rented.

Did yours include insurance? Mine didn't, so maybe that put you over to about a grand. ???

When I do hammy, I rent 5 picnic sites and each one is like $250 (I was wrong earlier, I'm looking at the receipts right now), but thats for 5 picnic sights which means that we rented the entire park and it belonged to us for the day. I can't imagine who QL would be so expensive unless you guys were talking about insurance.

But yeah, who cares, it's not important right now, I'm just curious as to what people are talking about. What event at QL? The annual event is happening on the Sunday of the 9th weekend in august unless something comes up and we have to change it. It's going to be in the north bay. That's what this thread is about. Why is there mention of Quarry Lakes? Please someone explain that to me.

EDIT: I just saw your edit, Jourdan. I guess that makes sense since it's a more popular park and you had an alcohol permit which we didn't since we didn't want people drinking and driving on Mt Hamilton,
Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

I am just as confused as you are...

: polite manner : MATT EXPLAIN YOURSELF! : /polite manner :
Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn

yeah, for the I heard someone lost out on a grand, Matt aka 04caliwrx will have to get back to us.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Lost a grand? Why?

I must know! Someone tell me or I will hold my breath until I die!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

I have no knowledge of anyone losing out on $1000, let alone TWO people.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 PM
VIP Member

For the why did Quarry Lakes come up?, JoeBobBucket initially brought it up. I offered my quick thoughts on his comment, then tried to stay on target. But then it came back around to QL/Fremont again.

One question I have is: Why did folks like Quarry Lakes?

I know some of the reasons folks are/were opposed to it... i.e. in the middle of a city (esp. Fremont w/ Rosette), no real scenery in the surrounding area (not the park itself), etc.

I also know that last year, concensus was that we should find a place w/ much cooler temps. I know that's why organizers liked QL (cooling fr the lake as well as the breeze fr the nearby bay). I'm also guessing that's why folks like the idea of Stafford Lake, which is what I stated in my response to Daniel (JoeBob).

I didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other, but I can see where the rationale that folks have when supporting one spot over another. I'm just glad we can have an annual event to get everyone together. If it's at an ideal location for most. Awesome! If not, as we already have, folks should continue to offer their constuctive input as to what can be done to make things better.

Finally, glad to hear that we'll be trying out Stafford Lake this year. As I'm somewhat close to Novato (not quite as nearby as others like true North Bay'ers... I'm more northEast Bay in V-town.), I may be able to lend a hand w/ things.

Again, sorry we're off-topic.

Last edited by boardoholic; 03-27-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .

didn't you get the permits for last years event? https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...04&postcount=3

how much was it?

Last edited by Rescuer; 03-27-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:10 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Originally Posted by Rescuer
didn't you get the permits for last years event? https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...04&postcount=3

how much was it?
Indeed...

QL was right around $1000 (for Ensenada north AND south and an alcohol permit (which is what we got))

just FYI.
I looked it up, my records show that it was $1330. (I think we got $430 of it back via security deposit)

Originally Posted by boardoholic
For the why did Quarry Lakes come up?, JoeBobBucket initially brought it up. I offered my quick thoughts on his comment, then tried to stay on target. But then it came back around to QL/Fremont again.

One question I have is: Why did folks like Quarry Lakes?

I know some of the reasons folks are/were opposed to it... i.e. in the middle of a city (esp. Fremont w/ Rosette), no real scenery in the surrounding area (not the park itself), etc.

I also know that last year, concensus was that we should find a place w/ much cooler temps. I know that's why organizers liked QL (cooling fr the lake as well as the breeze fr the nearby bay). I'm also guessing that's why folks like the idea of Stafford Lake, which is what I stated in my response to Daniel (JoeBob).
We also liked it for the huge parking lot We didn't foresee the breeze but it worked out.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Indeed...
I looked it up, my records show that it was $1330. (I think we got $430 of it back via security deposit)
yeah, i'm really dead tired not able to pay full attention to things right now

as far as it being "non-refundable", all I could find on their site was this
http://www.ci.fremont.ca.us/Recreati...ns/default.htm
5. Cancellation by Permittee: Refund of use fees shall be made where permittee gives written notice of cancellation to the Department at least eleven (11) calendar days prior to the date reserved. Fees for use canceled thirty (30) or more days in advance will be refunded, less 10%; eleven (11) to twenty-nine (29) days, less 30%; ten (10) days or less, no refund.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:13 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Let's move on from Quarry Lakes and start talking about the new spot that got voted in.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

So Novato IS the location for 2009?
Old 03-27-2009, 10:18 PM
VIP Member

So is this the not-quite $1000 that 04caliwrx "heard" about? Would this $900 be the actual costs of fees for rental & various permits and not something "lost out on?"

We also liked it for the huge parking lot We didn't foresee the breeze but it worked out.
4got about that, too, man. Looks like Stafford Lake can handle the load as well (in the most heterosexual way possible, right, brucie? ).
Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Hollandaze
Let's move on from Quarry Lakes and start talking about the new spot that got voted in.
Looks like Daniel just needed a couple things cleared up. And actually, we need to talk about any major events that might conflict w/ Sun, 9 Aug, while keeping in mind that it IS (Yes, Jourdan. I guess it won the vote as Holland said.) being held at Stafford Lake in Novato.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Alright! Second sunday of August (9th) at Stafford Lake.

Sounds like a plan.

Quick Reply: Is ANYTHING happening on August 9th? Trying to plan the Annual Meet.