Anyone Powder Coat Rims?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
[QUOTE=rxvagon]
Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV
http://www.wheeltechniques.com/custo...mpainting.html

I have know this company for about 10 yrs...they do great work!!!

-freddie[/QUOTE

Granted they do good work....they just charge too much since they have been around for for sooooo loooong!!!! besides those guys are really arrogant and stuck up like little *****es.
maybe your just cheap!!

and how does one act arrogant and stuck up when it comes to fixing rims?? lol

-freddie
Old 03-12-2005, 09:52 AM

Car Info: 03 Legacy GT Wagon
Wink

Originally Posted by 1WRX2NV
maybe your just cheap!!

and how does one act arrogant and stuck up when it comes to fixing rims?? lol

-freddie

I am cheap just like everyone else on this board...Look at the title of this tread where and how much? If price were no object than why not send the wheel to the company that makes the wheel that way "It can be done right". The title sould read "PRICE NO OBJECT WHERE CAN I GET MY WHEEL POWDER COATED"? get it straight people.

Last edited by rxvagon; 03-12-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:18 AM

i remember there was a place back in the day that i heard did it for 25 a wheel. I remember it was located in hayward or something, too bad i can't remember the name.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 2002 4EAT MBP wrx wagon
the place i use in san leandro is called reliance powdercoating. 1577 Factor Avenue San Leandro, CA 94577 (510) 895-7170 and theyre right off the 880. Recommended to me personally by dave who used to run the old powdercoating business in oakland that i think ia lot of members frequented. really nice people and good prices, especially if you run a color theyre already doing at the time (flat black is real common since they do lots of commercial work.) If you decide to go with them, please let them know that patrick sent you, they probably wont know who i am since ive just gotten misc suspension bits coated there but hopefully id get hit up with the poor college student discount the next time i come around.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by pleue
the place i use in san leandro is called reliance powdercoating. 1577 Factor Avenue San Leandro, CA 94577 (510) 895-7170 and theyre right off the 880. Recommended to me personally by dave who used to run the old powdercoating business in oakland that i think ia lot of members frequented. really nice people and good prices, especially if you run a color theyre already doing at the time (flat black is real common since they do lots of commercial work.) If you decide to go with them, please let them know that patrick sent you, they probably wont know who i am since ive just gotten misc suspension bits coated there but hopefully id get hit up with the poor college student discount the next time i come around.

how much did they do your wheels for??
Old 03-12-2005, 03:19 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by rxvagon
I am cheap just like everyone else on this board...Look at the title of this tread where and how much? If price were no object than why not send the wheel to the company that makes the wheel that way "It can be done right". The title sould read "PRICE NO OBJECT WHERE CAN I GET MY WHEEL POWDER COATED"? get it straight people.

the title doesnt say anything about looking for a "cheap" place to do it. The person wanted to know where to get it done and asked how much it would cost.

But you are right!!...most people on this board are cheap and want everything for free..or pretty damn close.

who said it wouldnt be "done right"??...by not sending it out to the "original" shop..because guess what?? Powder coat doent just "come off"..infact it takes more of a beating that regular paint. But if the person runs into a curb...it will get messed up no matter what.

-freddie
Old 03-13-2005, 07:34 AM

Car Info: 2002 4EAT MBP wrx wagon
havent gotten wheels done there but when i picked up my suspension pieces i saw about 3 sets getting done that day. give em a call or just drop by with your stuff and ask em to cut you a deal. the one older white guy (forgot his name) is real chill and hooked me up. what color are you thinking about doing. p.s. i couldnt find directions on map quest so your best bet is to call and as kthem for directions off the 880 or something.