Anyone live in the Vallejo or Benicia area?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
Anyone live in the Vallejo or Benicia area?

I am thinking about moving up to the north bay, and I need to find a cheap apartment. I was wondering if anyone knows about good areas to live in Vallejo or Benicia. By good areas I mean relatively safe for my gf and where I won't need to be checking on my car every 5 minutes. If you know of specific spots/complexes or nice streets that would help me out a lot!

Last edited by mbquarts; 08-16-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:22 PM

I work in vallejo and we are redevloping some of the areas and turning them into nicer newer homes. Vallejo in general are pretty ghetto I guess.. nothing much here IMO. I would recommend benicia over vallejo anyday. Some areas of vallejo is nice.. where my office is on Mare island we are building new homes. and at Sycamore place.. close to CA37 is nice too.

I live in Hercules/Pinole area. Which is pretty nice.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the info...I have heard that vallejo is ghetto but I was hoping there were some nice areas. Is sycamore place a street or apartment complex?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:01 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
if you wanna live in vallejo...get a gun...save up for a new clutch since there are ALOT of steep hills...some areas of vallejo i s'pose are alright.....like the houses u see going down i80W just before marine world....but the rest of vallejo is kinda like mini-richmond except for less murders occur i guess....personally i ONLY go there to visit my grandma thats it...i hate vallejo...but maybe im just a close minded non-ghetto city white boy lol
Old 08-17-2005, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by mbquarts
Thanks for the info...I have heard that vallejo is ghetto but I was hoping there were some nice areas. Is sycamore place a street or apartment complex?
sycamore place is a new community type of houseing..

Vallejo is not really that bad.. i guess.. depends on the area..
Old 08-17-2005, 03:15 PM

Car Info: '08 FSXT (Aspen White)
My gf attends TUCOM on Mare Island, and she lives in Benicia (off of Southampton Rd.). Being around both areas, I'd say Benicia would be the nicer of the two areas to live in.

You can check out Waterview Apartments (707-745-3000, 801 Southampton Rd), as I believe they are the most inexpensive apartments in the area. But, their apartments are a bit on the older side (at least hers is). The nice thing about the complex is that the carport for each unit is (usually) right in front of the apartment. Also, you can walk across the street to a retail center (Raley's market, Radio Shack, Ace Hardware, eateries, shops, etc.).

Her classmate (and husband) had their 2004 STi here last year (but have since moved to AZ), and I never heard of any problems. I park my FXT here when I visit, and I don't encounter any problems either.

There is also a nicer complex down the road, but it is more expensive. Hope this helps...

-Mike-
Old 08-17-2005, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by CreoWRX
My gf attends TUCOM on Mare Island, and she lives in Benicia (off of Southampton Rd.). Being around both areas, I'd say Benicia would be the nicer of the two areas to live in.

You can check out Waterview Apartments (707-745-3000, 801 Southampton Rd), as I believe they are the most inexpensive apartments in the area. But, their apartments are a bit on the older side (at least hers is). The nice thing about the complex is that the carport for each unit is (usually) right in front of the apartment. Also, you can walk across the street to a retail center (Raley's market, Radio Shack, Ace Hardware, eateries, shops, etc.).

Her classmate (and husband) had their 2004 STi here last year (but have since moved to AZ), and I never heard of any problems. I park my FXT here when I visit, and I don't encounter any problems either.

There is also a nicer complex down the road, but it is more expensive. Hope this helps...

-Mike-
Thanks, that helps a lot. I will have to look at Benicia more. Someone else was telling me that main st. and 1st were nice as well.