Anyone listen to Live 105 this morning? (Bad mouthing Subys)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
Woody and Zoeb drive the same car... think about it.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by kyoung05
I personally LOVE the Woody show, and think that it is leaps and bounds better than that POS idiotic Howard Stern show. I love how they don't fit the typical liberal hippy "bay area" mold, and that alone is enough for me to listen to them. If you've ever listened to them doing new stories regarding the death penalty, self defense, etc. and other "hot button" issues, their views are more or less in line with mine (i.e. blasting those hippy Berkeley tree-sitters out of those trees with fire hoses).

Regarding cars though, yes, that is one area that they lack knowledge in. It does get annoying at times when they talk about the miata being a gay man's car, how they can't even change their own oil, how the Chrysler 300 is cool, etc. But, if you've ever listened to the "T-Man" or Chewy in the morning, you'll probably find yourself switching back to 105.3 in no time.
I'm waaay happier listening to Chewy or T-Man. Woody is an idiot.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Speed Element
Woody and Zoeb drive the same car... think about it.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:32 AM

People need to stop being so easily offended. I think it's a new trend lately, where people take anyone saying anything negative about anything they own as a personal attack. It's a car - get over it. It's not like you spent your life designing the damn thing from scratch. That's like saying it's worth starting a thread every time someone makes fun of your jacket, or your shoes, or whatever.
________
HEMP MARIJUANA

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I don't really know how to respond to this......
________
BONDAGE CUFFS

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Oh man, seriously? You like that fake radio voice, the giggling idiots in his studio that laugh at everything?

I have to agree with kyoung. His views are right in line with mine. He loves to get under people's skin. Hence calling it Frisco cause he knows it pisses people off. At least they are here in the bay area and not being simulcast from Seattle or somewhere else that isn't here.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kyoung05
People need to stop being so easily offended. I think it's a new trend lately, where people take anyone saying anything negative about anything they own as a personal attack. It's a car - get over it. It's not like you spent your life designing the damn thing from scratch. That's like saying it's worth starting a thread every time someone makes fun of your jacket, or your shoes, or whatever.
Yea, the majority of Bay Area people are just too sensitive to handle any type of criticism. They feel like they are being personally attacked.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
People still listen to the radio?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:49 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Adam Corolla sucks *********!!! I like the Woody show. I love the fact that he rattles people's cage. Stealing bits? Please pretty much everybody in radio has used bits that other people have used and when he does literally rip a bit from somebody he gives them the credit. And he's also, not a pot head. You must be a T man fan.
I can't even tell you the last time I listened to KYLD... the most I've heard of T-Man are his commercials that popped up on TV. He can do his thing, but I will not lower myself by tuning in. So you fail in your assumption regarding my
status as a T-Man fan. What I've heard of the Woody show is just more of the "morning zoo" ilk, too many people & not enough talent.

[/QUOTE]And yea he knows nothing about cars. [/QUOTE]... thus his opinion on Subies has no basis in fact, would be nice if he checked them before ranting on Subies.

I don't mind radio guys being edgy, I invite it... & its their job to get our attention be it good bad or in-between. Luckily when they begin to wax on idiotic about that which they don't know, we listeners have the option of tuning in elsewhere.

HA! Good times.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:51 PM
banned

I literally ran into Chewy twice within 10 days not too long ago. I was like "thought you were some famous radio guy, what are you doing down here with us civilians?".
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
whatever is on 94.9 in the mornings is the worst garbage I've ever heard in my life - he's a wanna be Leykis. He even talks like Leykis. If he's not complaining about one thing, he's complaining about something else or getting into an argument with a caller that has phoned in about something stupid the radio personality had said. I honestly don't know how people can listen to his show.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Npr! > *

Old 07-17-2008, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Lboogie
And yea he knows nothing about cars.
... thus his opinion on Subies has no basis in fact, would be nice if he checked them before ranting on Subies.

HA! Good times.[/QUOTE]

He didn't rant on subaru's. They read an article about brands of cars that are driven by *******s or something along those lines. Subaru was number 2, he said his only experience is with his stepfather who owns a forester and thinks it's great. He even said, "It's a great car and it's really nice but it's not a sports car" and he's right a forester isn't a sports car. So he based off his own experience about the car.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:02 PM

Car Info: 06 sgm STI & 06 b9
i could give a crap about morning talk shows, but caught the Adam Carolla show yestarday and he had Travis Pastrana on there talking about subaru in the x-games. and also his crazy sleeping habits.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
banned

Lightbulb

I usually catch an hour or so of Leykis before the Carolla HD2 replay @ 10am.

Pastrana was a good interview, and Tanner Foust will be co-hosting the Top Gear USA show with Carolla. Should be a few Subie appearances as a result

Quick Reply: Anyone listen to Live 105 this morning? (Bad mouthing Subys)