Anyone know of a shooting range with 25 yard lanes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:41 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STI
Talking indoor range in santa clara

There is an indoor range off of 101 at de la cruz exit going south. Take a right on central and a right on lafayette. Then first left down about two or three blocks on the left. Wednesday nights is ladies night! Its a great little range. Hit me up if you need more details.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by unstble
Thanks guys! One other gun I would like to get, which is considered an "AOW" (Any Other Weapon) gun, is the Serbu Super Shorty shotgun This is a sick *** gun, but would be a pain in the *** to purchase in Cali. There is some kind of law where you have to have the sheriff, not a deputy, but The Sheriff has to sign-off on it.

Here is a link to what it looks like: http://www.serbu.com/shorty.htm

Has anyone seen this gun before, or ever shot one? It must kick like a mule!!!

Yeah, unfortunetly there is no way one is going to get clearance for that in Cali except maybe down in Kern Co. (I've heard they are pretty fun friendly down there). In addition to having the get the Sheriff's approval you also have to pay a $200 tax. From what I've read on the Cali gun boards pretty much no one gets approval for that in Cali. I remember one active military guy was transfered to Cali and even he couldn't get approval for his AR with a 14.5" barrel so he had to permanently pin/solder in a longer muzzle brake to bring the barrel up to 16". If he can't get approval for that, us normal folk will never get approval for a shotty with a 6" barrel or whatever that thing has. Looks pretty sweet though.

-Chris

p.s. you know how uncomfortable 3" magnum buck would be to shoot with just a pistol grip and no stock. :/ Would be fun though.

Last edited by bassplayrr; 11-09-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
silly question hoe do you guys transport your riffles/pistols. In the back seat or trunk? What if you stopped next to the local CHP guy and he saw it? Do you have to show buch of permits/id's etc?

How would one be able to ship a riffle/pistol from the east coast?

PS: sorry about the newbie Q's
Old 11-09-2005, 01:37 PM

Car Info: WREX
In a box of course/ J/K....I have no clue as to how you would do that
Old 11-09-2005, 03:41 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by titsataki
silly question hoe do you guys transport your riffles/pistols. In the back seat or trunk? What if you stopped next to the local CHP guy and he saw it? Do you have to show buch of permits/id's etc?
firearms must be in a locked container. in the trunk of your car. when i drove my SUV, i would store everything in the back, as far as possible from me. just in case i get stopped.

ammo must be separate from firearm.

while this is a gray area, i even unload the rounds from the magazine. the laws are kind fuzzy about it. but i dont want to be the case where this is challenge.

How would one be able to ship a riffle/pistol from the east coast?
if this is a personal firearm, you have to ship via fedex or ups. us postal wont. and you must ship overnight (for some weird reason).

now, if you are BUYING a firearm from outside the state, you must go through a federal firearms license (FFL) dealer. he/she will do all the paperwork that the gunshop would do.

my FFL charges $40 per firearm fee + $25 DROS (dealer's record of sale) fee.

usual 10 day waiting period. he/she SHOULD know the laws. and will keep you out of trouble.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ldivinag
firearms must be in a locked container. in the trunk of your car. when i drove my SUV, i would store everything in the back, as far as possible from me. just in case i get stopped.

ammo must be separate from firearm.

while this is a gray area, i even unload the rounds from the magazine. the laws are kind fuzzy about it. but i dont want to be the case where this is challenge.

That's how I transport mine as well. I actually keep my mags in the locked gun case, which is fine as long as they are kept empty. Just make sure the case is locked, and that the ammo is seperate. It's better safe than sorry to just keep the ammo out of the mags. You can just load them up when you get to the range.

-Chris
Old 11-09-2005, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Hey check this out. I just had this info emailed to me from a friend. It appears that Bushmaster has designed a prebuilt CA leagal AR derivative. It's basically the same 10+1 setup as a Fab 10/Vulcan except that the whole thing is already built; no more hunting down parts. Plus it comes with the Izzy muzzle brake (like I have on my SU-16CA) already installed. The price should be about $900.00. Once I purchase a Glock at the end the month this is the next on my 'need to purchase' list.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/AZC-C15RM4FT.html

-Chris
Old 11-09-2005, 09:04 PM

Now I am not sure what to get myself for Christmas - A nice rifle, handgun, or some tuning on my car.

I might just have to push the tuning back for a while........Cause a nice rifle or handgun would be a little more fun to play with, in my opinion. But then again, a nicely reflashed and tuned car is really fun to drive too.

Oh the dilemma.......Come on guys help me out with my choice!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Now I am not sure what to get myself for Christmas - A nice rifle, handgun, or some tuning on my car.

I might just have to push the tuning back for a while........Cause a nice rifle or handgun would be a little more fun to play with, in my opinion. But then again, a nicely reflashed and tuned car is really fun to drive too.

Oh the dilemma.......Come on guys help me out with my choice!

Same dilema I'm in = no more expendable cash. I just purchased my SU-16CA and a boat laod of upgrades and ammo for it about a month ago, will be buying a Remington 870 Express Super Mag with an aftermarket telescoping stock, pistol grip, and mag extention in the next week or so, will be buying the XBOX 360 as soon as it comes out (just over two weeks from now) and will be buying a Glock 23 or 36 (can't decide; open to input from any Glock owners) in mid December. So much for saving for a home.

-Chris
Old 11-09-2005, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Same dilema I'm in = no more expendable cash. I just purchased my SU-16CA and a boat laod of upgrades and ammo for it about a month ago, will be buying a Remington 870 Express Super Mag with an aftermarket telescoping stock, pistol grip, and mag extention in the next week or so, will be buying the XBOX 360 as soon as it comes out (just over two weeks from now) and will be buying a Glock 23 or 36 (can't decide; open to input from any Glock owners) in mid December. So much for saving for a home.

-Chris
Man, you spend just like I spend..........Carelessly and on things you want, but don't really need (this is what I hear from the wifee anyways)
Old 11-09-2005, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Man, you spend just like I spend..........Carelessly and on things you want, but don't really need (this is what I hear from the wifee anyways)

Oh, for a second I thought my GF must have logged on to your user name, because that is what I hear from her every day.

-Chris
Old 11-10-2005, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Originally Posted by ldivinag
the hayward PD range has 100, 50, 25 and 7 yard lanes...
There's a range in Tracy accross from Carnegie (off road cycle park) with multiple rifle/pistol ranges, steel targets, pepper popppers, and a live fire shoot house.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Forester XT Touring (Dark Gray Metallic)
will be buying a Remington 870 Express Super Mag with an aftermarket telescoping stock, pistol grip, and mag extention in the next week or so
I love mine...it's one of my favs to shoot.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:54 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by DomozitoLK
I love mine...it's one of my favs to shoot.

Isn't that a Mossberg 590?
Old 11-13-2005, 12:02 AM

Car Info: Silver '02 WRX Wagon
It appears that Bushmaster has designed a prebuilt CA leagal AR derivative.
http://www.impactguns.com/store/AZC-C15RM4FT.html

-Chris
that thing looks pretty sweet, but I can't handle the internal mags... I want to be able to shoot, swap mags and keep shooting.. Time to move to NV...

Quick Reply: Anyone know of a shooting range with 25 yard lanes?