Anyone know of a Firestone that can accomodate lowered cars for an alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by brucelee
Whoa, WTF? A pound of weights?! Why?!
Slight exaggeration... but still.. I'll take a picture. I only had a couple of the wheels fixed. The worst ones.

Seriously stacked like crazy. Guy was an idiot... that's why.

Instead of correctly balancing wheels that have never had a problem balancing and didn't have a problem being rebalanced he just piled them up.

Damn near shook my teeth out.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Well at least you're in good/positive spirits about it!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
ive heard mixed reviews about the one in berryessa area. ive had excellent success in elk grove... i know the guy by first name

btw ive had custom alignments done at the above firestone... maxed out negative camber at like 3.7 degrees lol
Old 01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
That's a lot of camber....

I'd never run over -2.5 on the street.

I usually run like -1.8 in the front and -.08 in the back. I was running more front and rear but I sold my camber plates and can't get that much out of bolts.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Car Info: WRX
I'm looking to get a lifetime alignment next time I visit the bay. My car is very low, but I have no trouble taking off my bumper. You can always brings some 2x4's with you.

Shoot, looks like I need to find one that will dial in a couple extra degrees of neg camber. I have camber bolts/plates though. Should be fairly easy for them.

Last edited by snowflow; 01-04-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
All of the firestones are gonna be using the same or at least similar equipment. If you're too low at one you're probably too low for any of them.

Maybe borrow some ramps.

But be warned... the firestone thing is not as good a deal as it sounds.

Most of them stand by a policy where they will only align your car to stock specs. For the wrx that means -.03 up front and I think -1 in the back or something like that. I can't remember. It's nothing like what any sane one of us would run though.

There are very few that will do custom alignments or even touch your car if you have any kind of custom alignment equipment... i.e. camber bolts.

I have been to 4 of them.

The only one I went to that was cool with it was Newark.... and they have one tech there that knows anything at all. Muhammad. And I don't know if he's there anymore. I'd ask. If he's not... I wouldn't let them touch my car. The first tech that worked on my car was retarded. He did my tire mount and balance and the alignment. Took HOURS. Said something was wrong with my camber bolts... funny... the second dude hit my specs with them.

On my way home I developed a CRAZY vibration. Turns out the guy put damn near a pound of weights on my car. They were stacked 3 and 4 high. And my alignment was off because he left stuff loose.

Just pay the money and go to a real alignment shop. Only way firestone is worth it is if you run close to stock equipment and specs.
There's a Silver 09+ hatch usually parked in that lot, maybe its Muhammad.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:00 AM
cal

Car Info: 03
Just FYI, serramonte firestone accommodated my car with ramp extenders and is currently on the lift no problem. I had maybe a few inches clear. They also honored the lifetime alignment.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
Originally Posted by STiForFun
Awesome, I went to the one in Sunnyvale and they wouldn't do anything but check the toe on my lowered wrx.
unless you have camber bolts/plates that's the only thing adjustable from the factory
Old 01-07-2011, 11:16 AM

Car Info: 05 18g LGT Wagon | Former 08 LGT Spec.B
Originally Posted by Manny408
Maybe out of your way, but Firestone in Santa Clara on El Camino Real will do it. I had my 05 Wrx worked on there 2 months ago.

Btw. My Drop is 2.0 Front / 1.5 Rear (Cobbs)
+1 for this shop, they were able to work with me on my request for -1 all around with stock bolts and no camber plates. They were able to get -.6, which is good enough for now.