Anyone know anything about these boost guages?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:03 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
With gauges you get exactly what you pay for.
If it's selling for less than $50/gauge then its pretty much a piece of crap.

In my vast experience (6 years in the automotive hi-performance industry) I have never found better gauges than the newest line from Stewart Warner www.sw-performance.com I have their boost/vac gauge in my bugeye; its extremely accurate, tracks very quickly, and looks a near perfect match with the factory cluster
Old 10-24-2006, 02:59 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI~ 504HP
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
when comes to gauges, and being acurate, quality counts... and brand name= quality usually when it comes to gauges.

Hey everyone, I noticed this thread and just had to jump in..

Prosport gauges have been in the industry for 30 years, thye have recently partnered up with Imtronics Industries and introduced the smoke series gauges and accessories found on our website www.prosportgauges.com
Imtronics has been making gauge component parts for 33+ years for companies such as VDO, Steward Warner, Autometer, Harley Davidson, just to name a few. So, brand name does NOT equal quality Brand name = Advertising-which just means if anyone spends enough money the name will be recognized. We recently sent our mechnical boost gauge to a company in AZ called IA performance (at their request) to test the accuracy of our gauge against Greddy and Defi. Keep in mind IA performance never heard of us and we did not pay them or ask for the test. Long story short at 27psi Greddy was 2.5 psi off, Defi was 1.5 psi off and we were .5 psi off.
The prices are low because we are the manufacturer & we spend almost nothing on advertising, our success has been through forums like this, going to car shows, and word of mouth. By not spending hundreds of thousands on advertising we pass on the savings to our customers. we don't force you buy a controller & we have the best customer service in the industry. Greddy is not that old of a company...they did not always have brand recognition but by spending millions in advertising they have that recogition now. In the begining I am sure many people thought "who is Greddy" never heard of them so they cannot be good..and look at them now.

Anyway, we are here if you have any questions, suggestions or even problems. have you ever talked to anyone at Defi? Autometer? Greddy? VDO? have they ever dropped by your forum?

Thanks for letting me drop in

See you at SEMA !

Have a good day,

Glenn
www.prosportgauges.com