Anyone interested in car alarms?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
Also whats the time frame for this? I just came back from the store with my family and someone was standing by my car untill we drove up. He started walking away when we pulled up and so we followed him a little, he was real nervous (said "hey" to us cuz we were all looking at him) and then walked faster/hid his face when we did a U-turn. We called the cops and I went out looking for him, but he dissapeared. I might just go to the local stereo/alarm place if its gonna take too long for the GB...
Old 12-01-2004, 09:15 PM

Car Info: '05 WRB Wagon
I'm in on a GB for a Clifford Matrix 3.5 for sure - keep us posted...
Old 12-01-2004, 09:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '99 Impreza OBS
I'd be in depending on price and when. I've wanted one for a while, but I'm cheap
Old 12-01-2004, 10:40 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by doughboy
i'm interested as well. let me know the pricing on auto start, auto window roll-up, and most importantly, BACKUP BATTERY with this package. something tells me i might not want to know the price of this alarm!
+1 if it's cheap enough even though i already have an alarm.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Originally Posted by hYpE-R-29
Is EVERYONE interested in these options for the Matrix 3.5?????.....Because if you guys are these are the options I will get the group buy going as..

Matrix 3.5
LED Screen
Auto-Start
Window Roll Up
Backup Battery
and Regular Features with the 3.5

**Note I need atleast 10 people for this Groupbuy**
Interested in this also, just let us know when you find out the price.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
Interested in this also, just let us know when you find out the price.

OK...got some info for u guys here on the groupbuy...The deal is they can do the Clifford 3.5 Matrix WITH radar sensor and window roll up and battery back up siren for $525 Installed...BUT the downside is he will not install the Auto Start due to the fact on five speeds it is not reccommended, BUT will include the accessory for the Auto Start if you decide to get it installed somewhere else. They dont want to be liable for the car "IF" it gets stolen if auto start is installed(knock on wood)...
The 3.5 Matrix will still have a COMPLETE lifetime warranty through the shop and Clifford of course..

Please let me know if you guys have any questions.

Rick

Last edited by hYpE-R-29; 12-02-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 2004 Black WRX wagon
hey. that's sweet... but i really need somebody to install an auto start...
Old 12-02-2004, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Hey I appreciate you looking into this for us. The 3.5 sounds like it would be a really good system and I'm sure is a good choice. However at the moment it looks like I will have to settle for a less expensive one. Hopefully some other guys will take you up the offer.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:38 PM

I'll try to talk to him again tomorrow if he can make us sign a waiver or something for the auto-start...

Rick
Old 12-02-2004, 08:04 PM

Car Info: 2003 White WRX Wagon
I'll try to talk to him again tomorrow if he can make us sign a waiver or something for the auto-start...

Rick
Sounds good..i've been down from the begining...when do we start?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:43 PM

Car Info: GDA
OK...got some info for u guys here on the groupbuy...The deal is they can do the Clifford 3.5 Matrix WITH radar sensor and window roll up and battery back up siren for $525 Installed...BUT the downside is he will not install the Auto Start due to the fact on five speeds it is not reccommended, BUT will include the accessory for the Auto Start if you decide to get it installed somewhere else. They dont want to be liable for the car "IF" it gets stolen if auto start is installed(knock on wood)...
The 3.5 Matrix will still have a COMPLETE lifetime warranty through the shop and Clifford of course..

Rick
- is he going to hide the brain in a remote location or will it be under the dash...i want a well done installation.

- what does the radar sensor entail: proximity, window, hood, etc?

- what about other people who might want to add/subtract certain options/features...is he willing to customize the package within reason?

thanks for setting this up, btw!

db
Old 12-02-2004, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by doughboy
- is he going to hide the brain in a remote location or will it be under the dash...i want a well done installation.

- what does the radar sensor entail: proximity, window, hood, etc?

- what about other people who might want to add/subtract certain options/features...is he willing to customize the package within reason?

thanks for setting this up, btw!

db

DB

I will ask him all your questions tomorrow, give me til tomorrow night and you'll have answer guaranteed. thanks guys
Old 12-02-2004, 09:47 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM/GOLD STI
i'm interested.. but i have STI.. and we have neutral signal from the ECU can he do remote start with that and hook up the neutural signal? Also yes i'd like the brain NOT to be under the driver dash... anywher but there...
Old 12-02-2004, 09:51 PM

Car Info: N/A
Unhappy

Rick
Will this price last till January? Being that X-mas is right around the corner I won't have $$ till then...
Old 12-03-2004, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
Will this price last till January? Being that X-mas is right around the corner I won't have $$ till then...

This is actually going to be a 2-3 Saturday deal..Every car takes atleast 2-3hrs because of installation. They take their time with installation to make sure its done right the first time, which I like.

Like I said some people are responding that they want the remote start, If they dont agree with the waiver(which I have no control over) they will NOT install it due to liability. BUT I will try my hardest for them to create a Waiver.

**NOTE** Shop is located in San Francisco, Will send out Name and address to whoever is SERIOUSLY going to get this awesome deal. Date will be announced later on today when I go visit them. I will provide exact features for the 3.5 Matrix and a Python 460HF for people that dont want to spend alot.

Rick

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in car alarms?