Anyone interested in car alarms?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 03:51 PM

Anyone interested in car alarms?

Since I was reading a thread about what car alarms to get, I decided to call a friend of mine who owns a local Stereo Shop. I can get some good discounts for us WRX owners. Please let me know if anyone is interested. Some good examples of alrams are Python 460HP with a proximity sensor and starter kill, also the Clifford Concept 550 which includes a radar sensor and starter/ignintion kill..
I will reflet on prices if people are interested..
The shop is very well experienced, they do installation for Serramonte Honda and Menlo Honda for TV's and Alarms. Alarms come will full-lifetime warranty

Thanks

Last edited by hYpE-R-29; 11-30-2004 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm interested.

I want something nice. ignition kill. Prox. Auto start. Maybe auto window roll up.

I have the one that comes with the car so it has the door locks and what not already. Might even be interested in a back up battery powered horn.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 2003 White WRX Wagon
I'm interested...I'd like the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 but if there are others just as good...i'll check those out too..
Old 11-30-2004, 05:31 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX
I have the stock one, is there a reason I should upgrade?
Old 11-30-2004, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

I'm interested... interested in clifford matrix 3.5 as well, w/o the remote start hoooked up.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:37 PM

Car Info: 91 legacy, 87 mr2, 17 forester xt
i am interested as well.....but not sure what is good......i currently have the stock alarm only.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:45 PM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza WRX Sedan Midnight Black Pearl
What is the discount and how about alarms/parts without install?
Old 11-30-2004, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by mikkyo
What is the discount and how about alarms/parts without install?

Here are some of the prices so far Ive gotten:

Python 460: Regular $230+35(Proxmity)...our price...$210 Installed, Including Proxmity sensor, pwr locks, flashing lights, dual zone shock, starter kill etc...

Clifford Concept 550: Regular Price $449..our price ..$290 Installed, includes Radar sensor and Starter/Ignition Kill Etccc....

**Seems like alot of people are asking for the Clifford Matrix 3.5 with LED remote, I will get our "Special" price on tis tomorrow...
Old 11-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Straight as an arrow

Car Info: The Fit is gone!
I'm in need of an alarm, but I have a 94 Legacy turbo. Would I still get the special price? Anything with remote start/turbo timer?
Old 11-30-2004, 11:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
what is the best alarm he offers?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:23 AM

how much just for install? i'm trying to get my rsx 3.5 installed.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Oh damn, who do I have to talk to?
Old 12-01-2004, 12:59 AM

Car Info: 2012 DGM STi Sedan
Add one more to the list of people interested in the Clifford Matrix 3.5 with LED remote...Thanks!
Old 12-01-2004, 08:46 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by hYpE-R-29
**Seems like alot of people are asking for the Clifford Matrix 3.5 with LED remote, I will get our "Special" price on tis tomorrow...
i'm interested as well. let me know the pricing on auto start, auto window roll-up, and most importantly, BACKUP BATTERY with this package. something tells me i might not want to know the price of this alarm!

i think some thieves are profiling my car....
Old 12-01-2004, 08:47 AM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
99% of an alarm is install. Most of the alarm installs I've seen are crap. I can poke my head under the dash, and usually the brain is right there, so I can have the alarm disabled in 15 seconds. I installed to put myself through school and at one point in time was an MECP Master Installer(rare these days, most installers are no better than back yard mechanics).

I had a few break in attempts with my last car, accord V6 with about $15K in toys in it, and never was anything taken. I had one where the pager went off saying the door was open, I came outside with Python .357 in hand only to find my drivers door wide open and a bag of tools laying on the ground next to the car then heard squealing tires right around the corner. On another attempt my interior proximity went off which I usually ignore so I reset it. I came outside the next morning and there was a slim jim sticking out of my window lol. How did I scare these thieves off? Just a run of the mill alarm install

Install was the following(all installed by me):
Viper 791XV with the brain above a frame member behind the dash, had to remove the entire dash to put the brain in. The brain had it's own backup battery.

4 interior pain inducer sirens attached to the brain backup battery

2 exterior sirens one front one back with internal backup battery

Whelen 90w 6 head strobe controller with 4 exterior hid-a-strobes and two interior strobes(one in the dome light and one under the dash). The strobe controller was only hooked up to the alarm and my hazard switch. no backup battery for strobes, they pull a bit too much juice. Mind you these are real police strobes, not the cute little APC rave flashers. purchased from this guy fantastic prices http://www.strobesnmore.com/

Dual Zone proximity sensor

Dual zone shock sensor x2 one in front one in back for even coverage and less chance of falsing. When using one shock sensor people usually make them way too sensitive to cover the entire car, with a pair of them you don't have to make them that picky.

Stinger Motion sensor(gyro stabilized tilt sensor)

2x DEI 530T window modules for front and back windows

DEI 529T for sunroof

All wiring was mixed in with stock wiring, all connections were soldered and heat shrinked, stock wire loom used where ever possible and close to stock wire loom elsewhere. If you looked under the dash nothing at all looked out of place and good luck tracking down which wire was which because I cut all wiring about 2"s from the brain and used a different color wire to keep things interesting, in many cases I used a stock looking wire that I got from a local electronics shop and had to make a wire map for myself but after install good luck figuring out which was which without the map.

So not all alarms are worthless. Although with the rex I just went with a basic pager alarm with my usual install techniques and Lojack.

Last edited by illusion; 12-01-2004 at 08:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in car alarms?