Anyone here have/have seen an AMEX black?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 11:30 PM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Question Anyone here have/have seen an AMEX black?

I'd only heard of the myth of the legendary black American Express card.

I run a retail store so I've seen pretty much every color of AMEX, but never til today have I seen a black card in real life... kinda weird holding it...

The dude that had it was a Japanese business man who was playing tourist today through my store. I never woulda guessed...
Old 09-06-2003, 01:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
THOSE CARDS ARE BAD ***!!
No credit limit,

For the busy traveler, you get access into any airport lounge, reduced fare companion airline tickets, $640,000 in travel insurance, trip cancellation coverage, and exclusive hotel privileges. Members can even receive upgrades at smart locations like the Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Banyan Tree and Hyatt. Not bad for the little Centurion.

Then, when you've got a few moments to spare, private clubs around the world will open their doors with a flash of the card, and DKNY, Cerrutti, Celine and Valentino will arrange for private after-hours shopping sessions.

Centurion Card Benefits

The card provides customers with all the benefits and rewards they received with their Platinum Card, plus numerous additional travel, lifestyle and financial services benefits, including:

Elite Travel Benefits

Centurion members are eligible for upgrades and enrollment in the elite tiers of several airline frequent flier, hotel guest and car rental programs, without the rigorous mileage requirements usually needed to join. Examples include:

Upgrades to the Concorde at no additional cost with the purchase of a full-fare, first-class transatlantic ticket to or from London and any British Airways gateway in the United States.
Complimentary upgrades, dedicated check-in, priority boarding and mileage earning at an accelerated rate via complimentary enrollment in the Continental Airlinesâ OnePassâ Gold Elite Program, Delta Air Lines Gold MedallionÔ program, TWA Aviators Elite 1 program and US Airways Dividend Milesâ Preferred PlusSM.
Complimentary access to the airport clubs of Continental, Northwest and TWA airlines when flying those airlines.
Room upgrades, late checkout, complimentary use of fitness centers and other benefits through enrollment in Starwood Gold Preferred Guest program, Gold VIP membership in the Hilton HHonorsâ program, Diamond membership in the Hyatt Gold Passport program and membership in the Inter-Continetal Six Continents Club.
Confirmed room upgrades when available, at Ritz-Carlton and select Four Seasons properties around the world and more than 330 other fine hotels, resorts and spas.
Complimentary international cellular phones, which will be delivered directly to Centurion Cardmembers, who pay only the cost of the calls.
Personal Assistance

Each cardmember will be assigned a personal travel counselor to handle all travel needs, and their own concierge to help with anything from special occasion planning and selecting ideal gifts, to locating unusual items.
Retail Privileges

Special privileges will be extended to Centurion members at Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue, including personal shopper services, invitations to exclusive events, free consultation for restyling of precious jewelry (Neiman Marcus) and private shopping hours (Saks.)
Rewards

Fee-free enrollment in Membership Rewards PlusSM, the premium level of the Membership Rewardsâ program. This includes redemption of points for travel on any airline anywhere in the world, and for purchases charged on the American Express Card.
Fifty-percent Membership Rewards point bonus on all charges made with a Centurion Card at our Centurion partners. These partners include Delta Air Lines, Continental Airlines, TWA, British Airways, Hilton Hotels, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and others.
Financial

Complimentary two-hour consultation with Provident Financial Management, a subsidiary of American Express Tax and Business Services, which specializes in planning for high-net-worth individuals, including industry leaders and celebrities.
A 25 percent reduction in the management fee for investments and a reduced minimum investment requirement at Portfolio Management Group, a division of American Express Asset Management Group at American Express Financial Advisors.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
http://home3.americanexpress.com/cor...ion_launch.asp
Old 09-06-2003, 01:04 AM

Yeah, American Express won't even talk about it if you call their customer support line.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:24 AM

Car Info: '01 RS BRP
The only time I've seen the black card was in the show fastlane.

You gotta be a baller to have one of thouse.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:52 AM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
The guy that busted it out, DID NOT in ANY way seem to be a "balla"... the dude bought a $30 that was on sale no less!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 08:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
<breaks out can of krylon>

Wanna see my black Amex card?
Old 09-06-2003, 05:21 PM

Car Info: '02 EJ25FXT Stage 2 "No Laggin' Wagon"
They're pretty cool. We see them 2-3 times a week at the restaurant. When I first saw one, thought it was an DiscoverCard, ran the card and it came back AMEX. That's what made me look.