Anyone on here have a F1 Spec bucket seat??

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 05:40 PM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Anyone on here have a F1 Spec bucket seat??

Wondering if anyone has one of these, trying to get some info about the quality of these. Not really expecting much from a cheap bucket, but just need some reviews. And if you've never sen them:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/pts/2007888248.html

Or their Prodrive reclinable replica
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/pts/2007885353.html

These are CL ads So I don't know how long the link will work. I'll try to keep them updated if this thread stays active. Thanks

heres pics
Name:  2cemezq.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  29.0 KB

Name:  44jq33t.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  2mc7z4n.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  36.2 KB

Prodrive replica
Name:  34zfwjq.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  67.5 KB

Last edited by Alliedforces86; 10-22-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
looks like it cost more then my car.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by 455h013
looks like it cost more then my car.
reclinable is $400 and bucket is $450..Don't know how a bucket that is one piece is more than a reclinable but.... So the prices aren't that bad. Just seeing if someone can vouch for the quality or lack there of.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 PM

bump
Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
DO NOT buy cheap imitation seats!!! YOU WILL regret it GREATLY!!!

I looked at A LOT of different seats before I settled on my Sparco EVO 2 seat, and I was surprised at how LOW quality some of the seats I looked at were... Remember, you are trusting YOUR LIFE with this seat!!! Seats need to be specifically rated, like a FIA rating and such... I believe I looked at one of these seats early on when I was looking for the perfect seat to fit into my 2007 STi, and if I remember correctly the seat felt REALLY cheap and wasn't rated by any legit safety rating system (like FIA for example). The seat felt really flexable and I was even able to move the seat (from flex alone) from side to side by a couple of inches, and that's a BIG no-no! These are cheap knockoff replica seats made in factories that are notorious for making cheap knock off products... The seat in your car is one of the most important safety features in your car! Do you really want to cheap out and buy some 3rd world knock off to save a few bucks? Is your life that worthless where you're willing to take a chance by saving $300 (or whatever)?

You should NEVER cheap out on safety equipment, EVER! From airbags, seatbelt, brake systems, or seats, you do NOT want to cheap out in these areas.

The carbon seats I tried out (at Modacar in Livermore, they happened to have a couple in stock) were flexible, cheap, and plain out UNSAFE... it felt like the seat would just break if I was in an accident over 20mph.

The SPARCO EVO 2 seat I have cost me just over $600 for the seat, is that really that much to pay for your safety and well being? Just the piece of mind is worth it to me! I wouldn't touch those seats with a 10 foot pole... I know everyone with any sense in them that's part of this club (i-club or otherwise) will tell you the same. Of all things to cheap out on, why would you want to buy a cheap seat, which happens to be your only link to the car... If that seat fails, guess what? Your life fails.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:55 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
I once sat in a Bride replica and farted. It broke the seat. True story.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alliedforces86
reclinable is $400 and bucket is $450..Don't know how a bucket that is one piece is more than a reclinable but.... So the prices aren't that bad. Just seeing if someone can vouch for the quality or lack there of.
These ARE the same seats I looked at!!! Stay away man! These are SUPER cheap and not even worth your time! The only good thing these seats are good for is using them for your playstation gran turismo rig! Other than that, it should be illegal to use such shoddy seats in a real car because if you get in a car accident the seat is going to fail and you're going to suffer the consequences. I couldn't BELIEVE how cheap these seats were... The flexed so much that it defeated the purpose of having aftermarket seats. My Sparcos are stiff and strong, these cheap replica's that you're looking at are everything BUT strong and stiff. If I can give you any advice in this world, it would be to stay away from these seats.

PS: I still owe you and others a custom title. I did get your PM, I just need the names of everyone who won the carshow to give them all VIP/custom titles. Ive been busy as hell and haven't gotten around to it. Just remember that these seats receive an F- in my book of grades... Awful, AWFUL seats... it's not worth gambling your life on... If you saw how cheap these were in person you'd realize why I was responding with such exclaim! Seriously, save your money and buy some REAL seats that have been at least FIA certified.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by fizay
I once sat in a Bride replica and farted. It broke the seat. True story.
I believe it, seriously. Replica seats are good for video game setups where you have a steering wheel + seat to make the game more realistic, other than that however, they are OUT OF THE QUESTION when it comes to real life car seats. Don't do it!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 2000 brp RS
My brother and a couple of auto-x buddies got the race bucket ones. They bought them a few years ago. They seem to hold up fine. The cloth is wearing on the side from getting in and out of the car, but that seems inevitable with high bolsters.

There is some play in their sliders compared to OEM sliders. Although I'm not sure if there is play when using other aftermarket sliders such as SPARCO. It won't be an issue if you hard mount it though.

Be careful which one you get because my brother bought the MUGEN replica one (not sure which "type") and it is a snug fit for someone with a 33"-34" waist and a tight fit for a 38" waist. He said it's fine for an auto-x run, but not as a daily driver.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:07 PM

PS: I'm now remembering exactly how bad these seats were... I remember when I first sat in it, I was able to sit in the seat firmly and still move at LEAST a couple inches left to right by just shifting my body weight... I'm not talking about just me moving IN the seat, I'm talking about the WHOLE seat moving because it was that flexible. It's not really made of kevlar/carbon fiber, it just has a sheet of CF laid out to make it look like it is made of CF... If it was really CF, it'd be STIFF as hell and not flex as much as it does. The seat weighed less than 5lbs, it was REALLY light and if you saw it/sat in it, you'd know why... All the materials might look nice in pics but when you see it in person you'll realize how cheap they really are. I don't even know how someone in their right mind can put these seats in their cars after inspecting them for quality because there is NO quality... These seats lack anything that even resembles quality and not only that, they are just plain out UNSAFE to use on a street or race car. I know none of our reputable BAIC vendors would carry or sell such a POS seat, and if they did, they either didn't know how horrible the seats were in person, or if they did just didn't care about your well being and just wanted to make a quick buck.

DO NOT BUY THESE SEATS IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:24 PM

HAHA calm down Dan, don't blow a gasket lol. Thank you for posting. I just always see them and was wondering about them. I do think safety first and always wondered about replica seats and if you got in an acident with one what would happen. I've had my eye on the OMP WRC seat which is only like $750 which I won't mind paying once I have the money. Thank you for your imput.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:31 PM

Hahhah, I just wanted to get my point across, and I'm glad I did. Seats aren't cheap, and if they are there's a reason for it. Your life is important, and spending a few extra $$$'s isn't that big of a deal knowing that you'll be safe in the chance that you're in a life threatening accident (god forbid, though I don't believe on god, it's just a saying... lol).

I hope this is a good message to everyone out there... Cheap safety parts are the worst idea EVER... If you want to buy a cheap strut tower brace, then go for it, it's not a big deal, but once you start sacrificing your safety just to save some (a SMALL amount) of cash, that's when you start going down the WRONG road... Do you really want to have a cheap seat when you're going down the wrong road the wrong way? I think NOT!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:33 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
ya that wrong road might be a road full of pot holes
Old 10-22-2010, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by bkblitzed
ya that wrong road might be a road full of pot holes
In that case, every road in CA is the WRONG road... *cry*
Old 10-22-2010, 09:45 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
LOL! ya california has some pretty bad roads but roads in Monterey are alright for now lol

Quick Reply: Anyone on here have a F1 Spec bucket seat??