Anyone here ever been to Finland or Iceland?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Anyone here ever been to Finland or Iceland?

I'm trying to plan a trip for my wife and I this up coming spring and was looking into going to Finland as it looks REALLY friggin cool! Anyone been there that can share some insight as to how cool it is to travel there? I'd love to hear some stories because I dont know a single person who has ever been there.

Also, Iceland... I know a few people that have been and have nothing but great things to say about it. Anyone care to chime in here?

After these two countries we want to fly to Croatia direct and meet up with some from the bay area that really want to check out the Dalmatian coast in Croatia but dont' speak the language so are waiting to come with me... heheh. I think I'm at 12 countries down in Europe now and still have Finland, Sweeden, Iceland, and Holland to go to.

I haven't been to europe in a couple years and it's killing me! I'm having withdrawals... hahha.

Here's how we want to plan the trip:

SF to Finland, 4 days there and then hop on a plane and go to Reykjavik as I hear it's EPIC... Spend a few days there then head off to Croatia with my wife and meet up with a couple of subie friends (ish, possibly), then my wife would fly back after Europe and me and the said friends would head to my home town in Germany, rent a car and head to the ring.

Any advice on Finland and Iceland would be greatly appreciated. Also, when is the best time to go? I'm thinking spring since Finland has like a month of warm weather, so I figure the spring will be best because it wont be too hot or too cold. Same with Iceland.

Thank you my fellow traveling i-clubbers.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 AM

PS: If anyone needs travel advice regarding Croatia or Germany, hit me up and I can give you a bunch of tips for hidden travel treasures.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Depending on who you fly with there is a 24hr layover in Reykjavik between Helsinki/SF. When you get there hit up the volcanic springs. And get used to the 22hr days if you go in the summer/2hr days if you go in the winter. And when you do get there, visit the statue of the great General Airo who helped defend Finland from the Russians before WW1. He's my best friend's great grandfather.

And no beef on the menu's/ Only salmon/bear/reindeer

PS: No Germany tips needed, used to live there
Old 10-09-2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by rau

And no beef on the menu's/ Only salmon/bear/reindeer

Hmmmm... That's very interesting! I'll eat Rudolph, I don't care!