Anyone have old blankets/towels they can donate to homeless cats and dogs @ BAM?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Exclamation Anyone have old blankets/towels they can donate to homeless cats and dogs @ BAM?

Hey guys,

As you know, we're doing a huge charity raffle to benefit homeless cats and dogs, the Tri-City Animal Shelter (Those guys really struggle, some dogs don't even have blankets ) And for Furry friends animal rescue

I was thinking that if you guys had old blankets or towels that you aren't using anymore, the animals at the shelter would GREATLY benefit from them! They don't have to be in good shape or anything, just enough to keep the animals warm and comfortable when they are in their cages

Every single one helps, if each person brought one, that would kick sooooo much butt, you have no idea!

Not only will we donate money to them, but if we could get towels and blankets, it's something the shelter wouldn't have to spend money on, and our money could go to better things. Just so you guys know, I was very clear to my contacts at both the shelter and furry friends, that every cent will go to the animals, and no one else.

On the day of August 9th, if you plan on attending BAM 9 (our 9th annual bay area meet), please bring a blanket or towel that you are no longer using. These animals would treasure your old stuff.

Remember guys, every year, FIVE MILLION dogs are put to sleep, healthy, friendly, and super loyal dogs, all die because people choose to buy from breeders instead of adopting from pounds, and only you can make a difference! So Always remember, don't breed or buy when millions of dogs die. I despise of breeders, I can't stand the fact that they are breeding dogs when all those innocent dogs and cats at the shelter have to die because people don't think that there are good dogs at the shelter. Pure breeds almost always have a lot of health problems, mutts don't. Also, you can find any kind of pure breed of any age if you are patient and wait till one comes into the shelter. That's how we got our Mini Pinscher (best dog ever), our American Bull dog, our Whippet, Pit Bull, and two cats. All from the shelter (my parents also have a toy poodle who is smarter then most people from a rescue). So remember folks, there are homeless dogs out there just waiting for someone like you to rescue them, if people don't, they die. Healthy, happy, innocent doggies, puppies and all, dead for no reason other then the fact that no one wanted them. How f'ing sad is that? 5million EVERY YEAR in the USA alone!!! Thats almost like the holocaust every single year for dogs! Man, I'm getting all teary eyed just typing this.

Please help out your best friends, because you know they would help you if they could.

Just a small donation of blankets and towels will make a big difference, not to mention the money we will raise from the raffle at BAM 9. (The REAL, one and only BAM)
Old 07-09-2009, 08:12 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
I have some old blankets and towels to donate... but I wont be able to attend BAM this year (I will be on my honeymoon) how can i get these to you? and I want to buy a BAM shirt as well.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
I have some old blankets and towels to donate... but I wont be able to attend BAM this year (I will be on my honeymoon) how can i get these to you? and I want to buy a BAM shirt as well.
Since I know you, you can buy the shirt via pay pal, then I can come by your work and deliver it, and pick up the blankets too. Deal?

Thanks for being so kind man.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Amazons Kick Ass

Car Info: 07 STi
I'm in.
Thanks for pretty much making me cry with the pics Daniel....geez... :'(

Hell the last time I went to the local shelter I came home with two horses haha, so I figure I should help out the little animals this way because if I go back to one I will seriously bring home ten animals....
Old 07-09-2009, 09:13 PM

I knew I liked you for a reason.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:36 PM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
Sure, i'll try and bring as many blankets/towels as will fit in my trunk. And i'll let others know about it too.
________
FREE DRUPAL THEMES

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:21 PM

Thanks man!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
I do that now for my local Animal Rescue in Castro Valley. I also would do Foster Care, but I have a few too many pets as in We take in dogs and cats so that they are not put down. It is a nice thing to do Daniel, thanks for caring for our local dogs and cats. Please if you can bring some blankets and or towels for some needie critters

-Gio
Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 AM

W0RD UP GIO!!!

I love animals of all sorts, and I don't understand people that don't... Makes me wonder about them... Kinda like Eddy Murphy, I don't like that guy anymore cuz he hates animals... How does someone HATE animals? I mean, w t f mate, how can you hate something that unconditionally loves you and follows you everywhere and would give its life for you? People are screwy.

Thanks everyone for being such great people!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 AM

I won't be going to BAM, but can give another fellow i-clubber some towels/blankets for the cause.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
not to be taken the wrong way, but shouldnt old towels and blankets go toward homeless PEOPLE, and not cats and dogs that will discard them, eat them, or just ignore them and have no actual use for them?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:29 AM

Car Info: 1992 Skyline GTR BNR32
Originally Posted by VRT Gump
not to be taken the wrong way, but shouldnt old towels and blankets go toward homeless PEOPLE, and not cats and dogs that will discard them, eat them, or just ignore them and have no actual use for them?
I want to be nice and not cause a flame but I honestly dont think 'some' homeless people deserve help anymore. I work in SF and have been always nice to these people - give them a dollar here and there, leftover food, and I even gave a homeless lady an old sweater I wasn't using.

And then there are others - I've been harassed and called racial slurs because I literally didnt have a single dollar on me to give them. I've been yelled at cause they have food, but want money instead to feed their drug habit. and I even numerous homeless people try to break into my car.

Animals on the other hand, are always thankful....and plus they're helpless. they can't get a job like some of the able-bodied and lazy homeless people.

my 2 cents
Old 07-10-2009, 08:33 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX Wagon
Please elaborate as to what might be the 'right' way to take this?

Originally Posted by VRT Gump
Old 07-10-2009, 08:47 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
This sounds great! I have a lot of old stuff that I can give to the cats and dogs
Old 07-10-2009, 10:15 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by ipozestu
just to clear things up:
The above stated "jeff" is not

<<<<< this jeff.
hi jeff

Quick Reply: Anyone have old blankets/towels they can donate to homeless cats and dogs @ BAM?