Anyone going to Infineon tomorrow 8/7/05???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by MARKSTI

HPDE 1= Girly man, since your gonna have a instructor on your nuts.
^^^Don't anyone listen to this crap. Everyone starts somewhere. People that say that kind of ish don't belong in HPDE and should go directly to Race Wars. Group 1 and 2 gets a lot of traffic, but that's because people are out there learning the basics. I drive group 3 and ride with my friend in 4 and it's a whole 'nuther ballgame. Don't let anyone try to make you feel bad because you are starting out. LISTEN to the instructors!!!

Personally, I think the best thing to do is learn your basics till you don't have to think or remind yourself to stay on the line, then go to a smaller event like Daredevil mentioned to just get gobs of track time. Then come back to NASA and go directly to Group 3.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
^^^Don't anyone listen to this crap. Everyone starts somewhere. People that say that kind of ish don't belong in HPDE and should go directly to Race Wars. Group 1 and 2 gets a lot of traffic, but that's because people are out there learning the basics. I drive group 3 and ride with my friend in 4 and it's a whole 'nuther ballgame. Don't let anyone try to make you feel bad because you are starting out. LISTEN to the instructors!!!

Personally, I think the best thing to do is learn your basics till you don't have to think or remind yourself to stay on the line, then go to a smaller event like Daredevil mentioned to just get gobs of track time. Then come back to NASA and go directly to Group 3.
Lighten up
Somebody has to give them a hard time.

You told them not to listen to my advice to say away from the walls and tires...??

We all know HPDE is a great event...and anbody that uses the term "Race" will be slapped on the spot.

Last edited by MARKSTI; 08-07-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Lighten up
Somebody has to give them a hard time.

You told them not to listen to my advice to say away from the walls and tires...??

We all know HPDE is a great event...and anbody that uses the term "Race" will be slapped on the spot.
Okay. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... That's bettah.

Did you look at my post? I cut out the part about the walls and tires. That was very sage advice.

Have fun out there...
Old 08-07-2005, 07:01 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Have fun, watch out for the walls/tires.

HPDE 1= Girly man, since your gonna have a instructor on your nuts.
I poked fun at an STi that was getting passed by 325ci convertibles, street Miatas, and RX7's, but I do realize that that is what I looked like last September when I did NASA's Sept. 11-12 HPDE 1. My first day out I was a moving chicane.

It really is those guys who have a chip in their shoulder and something to prove that spoil everyone's fun. Last October at Buttonwillow some guy who was consistently spinning out and getting black flagged finally spun into basically the only wall on the track behind me four minutes into the session (causing us to cut our last session 16 minutes short). Sucks also cause it was a rental 350z. I wonder what they told Budget.

Lock got 2nd in USTCC. Dave Brown (RHD JDM Type R Integra) was able to create some distance between himself and Lock but nothing like the gap between them and the rest of the field. Hartanto (black Civic) came in 3rd.

Last edited by resident smurf; 08-07-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by resident smurf
I poked fun at an STi that was getting passed by 325ci convertibles, street Miatas, and RX7's, but I do realize that that is what I looked like last September when I did NASA's Sept. 11-12 HPDE 1. My first day out I was a moving chicane.
Personally I think it's better to mention it in the driver's meeting so everyone can learn from it. At T-hill last time 2 STis were holding me up and I was in an '80 Celica in G3. Obviously there is a problem if they couldn't get out of my way, and when I finally was able to pass them, they would just drag race me in the straights to slow me down in the twisties again. I passed one by dive-bombing when they opened passing in 2 and never saw him again. One dude cut me off at turn 14 and then lost it right in front of me. That's when it's time to note car numbers and raise your hand in the download... BTW I think I saw you at the 11-12th event, might have a pic of your car somewhere.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:14 PM

It really is those guys who have a chip in their shoulder and something to prove that spoil everyone's fun. Last October at Buttonwillow some guy who was consistently spinning out and getting black flagged finally spun into basically the only wall on the track behind me four minutes into the session (causing us to cut our last session 16 minutes short). Sucks also cause it was a rental 350z. I wonder what they told Budget.

Lock got 2nd in USTCC. Dave Brown (RHD JDM Type R Integra) was able to create some distance between himself and Lock but nothing like the gap between them and the rest of the field. Hartanto (black Civic) came in 3rd.
Thanks for the update...

Dave brown??...Is that the Spoon sports/Opak car?
Old 08-07-2005, 07:21 PM

Yep, the Spoon JDM ITR placed 1st.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Personally I think it's better to mention it in the driver's meeting so everyone can learn from it. At T-hill last time 2 STis were holding me up and I was in an '80 Celica in G3. Obviously there is a problem if they couldn't get out of my way, and when I finally was able to pass them, they would just drag race me in the straights to slow me down in the twisties again. I passed one by dive-bombing when they opened passing in 2 and never saw him again. One dude cut me off at turn 14 and then lost it right in front of me. That's when it's time to note car numbers and raise your hand in the download... BTW I think I saw you at the 11-12th event, might have a pic of your car somewhere.
Name:  _G4R1298.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  50.6 KB

Yep. I was out there on the 11th-12th getting smoked. But we all have to start somewhere, right? I've stopped tracking my STi since then, though. Every mod I did to make the car better for the track took made it less ideal for the street. I put my car back to stock and am currently in the market for a Spec Miata.

I know what you mean about cars drag racing you down the straights, though. When I used to do HPDE, I would let the cars that came up behind me pass and follow their lines because they were doing something right if they caught up with me.

I think I remember your car. What group were you running at SP?

Last edited by resident smurf; 08-07-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:55 PM

. I put my car back to stock and am currently in the market for a Spec Miata.
What mods did u have..??

I know a guy with a Pro7 for sale.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:13 PM

What mods did u have..??

I know a guy with a Pro7 for sale.
I had a TurboXS Stealthback, Braille lightweight battery, and an XEDE. I still have my Gooodridge brake lines installed, and my Porterfield R4-S pads haven't been put in yet.

Pro7's are pretty nice. I'm not ruling out the possibility of getting one of those. Please send me a link or some information about it.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:21 PM

Hey Mark. Sorry! I just cleaned out my PM box.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Not sure if the race results are going to stand, last I saw the Opak/Spoon was being torn apart by the tech stewards, as was the Subaru.

Mike
Old 08-07-2005, 09:25 PM

Iiiiinteresting.....
Old 08-07-2005, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
pics from today...

Old 08-07-2005, 09:38 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
nice wheels

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Infineon tomorrow 8/7/05???