anyone go from comcast (tv and internet) to DISH?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Direct TV sucks nuts. I wish I had stayed with Dish. Those are our only two choices where I'm at.

Direct TV partners up with AT&T so they bundle you and it's "cheaper" but what you don't find out is that all money filters through AT&T so if you pay direct to direct tv it causes a big mess. I got my cable shut off once, my phone twice and got 3 months in a row of double bills before I figured out wtf was going on... and NO I did not get my money back. Idiots.

SO I guess what I really hate is AT&T.

THe coverage and channel selections for direct tv are fine but the dvr SUCKS. Dish's is way more intuitive and useful. For example... direct tv lists your events by year and day. That doesn't necessarily tell you if something is new or old. It's just when it got recorded. Dish gives you actual episode dates. So if you're trying to catch up with old episodes it's much easier to tell the old from the new before you open them.

Then the ff and rv buttons are RETARDED on direct tv. It's literally impossible to use. You fast forward and when you hit play it'll go back 10 seconds from when you actually hit play.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

If you're going dish... get Dish.
My DVR on DirecTV has all the dates of the episodes that I've recorded and their actual first aired date. Maybe you need to upgrade your box to the newest one.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Hmmm... maybe.

I hate my box. It was the newest one when we got it but that was like over a year ago. Dish has the actual episode number though. I still miss that feature.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by Jodice112
My DVR on DirecTV has all the dates of the episodes that I've recorded and their actual first aired date. Maybe you need to upgrade your box to the newest one.
Yup. Same deal here. DirecTV has been great, aside from the price They also just updated the GUI on both the DVR and non-DVR boxes and it looks much better IMHO. I don't hesitate for a second recommending DTV.

-Brian
Old 01-13-2012, 12:03 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Yeah the new black menu is a lot more pleasing to the eyes.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Then the ff and rv buttons are RETARDED on direct tv. It's literally impossible to use. You fast forward and when you hit play it'll go back 10 seconds from when you actually hit play.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

If you're going dish... get Dish.
My tivo does this. I just accepted as normal. It only does it when you are fast fowarding at the second and highest speeds. If you are just skipping ahead a little, it will play where you stop it. But what I do, when I am fast fowarding, when I reach the spot I want, I hit pause, then play.