anyone else watch deadliest warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
watching Shaolin vs Maori now
Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 PM

Car Info: AWD Peanut "i" IMPRETZA
WooHoo!! Shaolin never failed. Just wish the Ninja won.. Stealth Attack always wins
Old 05-19-2009, 11:14 PM

Car Info: drives a STi
next week is William Wallace vs Shaka Zulu. Should be intresting who wins this battle. I'm rootn for Wallace.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 toyota tacoma
i find this show very entertaining.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Man, this show is sooooo awesome! I can't stop watching it!

I'm watching the USA Green Berets Vs Spetnez, it's great and all, but the technology that the green berets have is really old school stuff.. Why don't they factor in the modern weapons that our guys use? They have our guys using a pump action mossberg 500 shotgun whereas the soviets have a semi auto siaga shotgun with super high capacity magazines. Why don't our guys have the Benelli M4 shotgun? Or what anout that full auto shotgun that we're supposed to be using right now? Why do our guys have such outdated weapons for this battle? Even the M-16 they have is an old outdated model.

They should have done this battle with out modern green berets instead of out guys in the 70's. Meh, I thought that was pretty weak overall, but the rest of the shows are really kick ***. Last one I watched was the William Wallace Vs Shakazulu, that battle was sick!

I heard about the spartan Vs Ninja battle which made me upset... How the hell is a ninja going to lose to a friggin spartan? Ninja's are stealth, they are invisible, they'd kill that spartan before he even saw the ninja... Yet somehow the ninja lost the battle? The whole thing about Ninjas is that they are invisible... That is their #1 weapon! They have the ability to kill their victims without a fight... The ninja should have won, hands down. Even if the ninja was spotted and the spartan fought back, the ninja is sooo fast that he could have retreated to where the spartan couldn't make a visual anymore, then sneak up from a different angle and pwn him... I didn't watch it, but people told me about it... Weak sauce.

Can someone tell me who wins between the Green Beret's VS the Spetnez operatives? I missed the end unfortunately.

Last edited by brucelee; 05-27-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:30 PM

Car Info: .
The show is too damn boring. All that yaking and ****talking inbewteen 30 second tests is horrendous. Plus you have a 5 minute explanation of what a sword is.

Then you get a 45 second fight scene as the climax? Snoooree.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by brucelee

I heard about the pirate Vs Ninja battle which made me upset... How the hell is a ninja going to lose to a friggin pirate? Ninja's are stealth, they are invisible, they'd kill that pirate before he even saw the ninja... Yet somehow the ninja lost the battle? The whole thing about Ninjas is that they are invisible... That is their #1 weapon! They have the ability to kill their victims without a fight... The ninja should have won, hands down. Even if the ninja was spotted and the pirate fought back, the ninja is sooo fast that he could have retreated to where the pirate couldn't make a visual anymore, then sneak up from a different angle and pwn him... I didn't watch it, but people told me about it... Weak sauce.
I coulda sworn it was pirate vs knight

But either way, the simulations don't really take into account the fighters' methods of fighting. That spartan woulda been killed by the ninja in his sleep. They're comparing apples to oranges, which is entertaining, but isn't fair.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jin
wtf, bat vs nunchucks?
where was the katana!

btw, anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_gcPGI-ZMI

this is more impressive than a sharpshooter.
Weak, the video no longer works. Anyone know which video this was? Or perhaps have a link to it? Help a brotha' out!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pactin
I coulda sworn it was pirate vs knight

But either way, the simulations don't really take into account the fighters' methods of fighting. That spartan woulda been killed by the ninja in his sleep. They're comparing apples to oranges, which is entertaining, but isn't fair.
Yeah, that was my bad, I didn;t mean to write pirate, I meant to say spartan! whoopsie!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Cool

Originally Posted by brucelee
I'm watching the USA Green Berets Vs Spetnez, it's great and all, but the technology that the green berets have is really old school stuff.. Why don't they factor in the modern weapons that our guys use? They have our guys using a pump action mossberg 500 shotgun whereas the soviets have a semi auto siaga shotgun with super high capacity magazines. Why don't our guys have the Benelli M4 shotgun? Or what anout that full auto shotgun that we're supposed to be using right now? Why do our guys have such outdated weapons for this battle? Even the M-16 they have is an old outdated model.

Can someone tell me who wins between the Green Beret's VS the Spetnez operatives? I missed the end unfortunately.
The show is entertaining but complete BS, especially in the Green Berets VS Spetsnaz episode. The Spetsnaz "won" the simulated combat scenario. Totally unrealistic seeing as how they didn't take into account the use of body armor, NVGs, crew served weapons, etc. A Saiga shotgun isn't going to make any real difference on the battlefield.

An SF ODA team would completely own some back flipping, hatchet throwing, vodka drinking Ruskies any day of the week. U.S. Special Forces accomplished in 1 month what the Russians couldn't do in 10 years in Afghanistan. Don't let some TV show tell you otherwise.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:06 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Originally Posted by Lurk
The show is entertaining but complete BS, especially in the Green Berets VS Spetsnaz episode. The Spetsnaz "won" the simulated combat scenario. Totally unrealistic seeing as how they didn't take into account the use of body armor, NVGs, crew served weapons, etc. A Saiga shotgun isn't going to make any real difference on the battlefield.

An SF ODA team would completely own some back flipping, hatchet throwing, vodka drinking Ruskies any day of the week. U.S. Special Forces accomplished in 1 month what the Russians couldn't do in 10 years in Afghanistan. Don't let some TV show tell you otherwise.

+10000000

I just wanted that episode with my GF and we both agree on how its not consistent. And really??? the night shoot with the m9 he missed the target.... wtf ?