Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:10 AM

Car Info: 1996 Impreza Brighton bone stock sadly
Originally Posted by iLoqin
That's the whole point of the post. You should understand that this kind of thing exists in EVERY PERSON. I decided to be blunt about it to make a point and people are too afraid to admit that it exists implicitly under their own skin doesn't make you or any other person who "thinks they dont see color" better than I. I use the term Black people because in some essence they've taken offense if I said African American. (and I've personally been corrected by them).

You tell me if you're walkin down the street with a buddy and notice 4-5 Coloreds whether mexican or black start walkin behind you, compared to 4-5 White guys walkin behind. Your reaction would be exactly the same? After my personal experience, it would just be ignorant to pretend that everyone is the same.

Go watch some educational documents like the Color of Fear and quit being offended by things that EVERY person holds inside of them.

How about you just be black or even ASIAN for that matter, travel to a middle state, and see how people react to you.
My friend went to Nashville Tennessee because her boyfriend was there for work. The lady at the bar said "I'm surprised you don't have an asian accent." Racism/Stereotypes is/are everywhere.

If you're offended go look in the mirror, because everyone of you contributes something toward my previous post.

If you really are oblivious to color and see what's underneath everyone, you're lying.
No I would not act differently if 4-5 black people were to walk behind me, people are people, some people are bad people and some are good, no matter what color their skin is, white people rob people too, its an environmental thing, if you grow up in a bad environment, no matter what color, you have a higher chance to follow in the same path as friends/family,

How about you just be black or even ASIAN for that matter, travel to a middle state, and see how people react to you.
Um, I live in Wyoming and I AM black, I think I know about racism, i've been dealing with it for as long as I can remember, let me lay out a scenario for you

Your 11 years old, your father is dating a white lady with three kids,
this ladies oldest son was killed in an accidental shooting by one of his friends who was also white,
her previous husband (the kids father) was a raging racist, therefore the kids were instilled the "knowledge" their father thought he had, A.K.A the racism was passed down, the now oldest son bieng the most racist of them all, your father moves in with the famly, while your spending the summer with him and his girlfriend and her three kids the "family" decides to take a trip to Salt Lake City, a 7 hour car ride, during the trip, the eldest son, decides this would be a good time to pick on you, for the 7 hours their, the 4 days you spent their, and the 7 hours back, he uses the phrase N***er whenever referring to you, in all the "excitement, YOUR OWN BROTHER, somebody you have known since you were three, decides he doesn't want to be left out so he joins in the taunting,

To this very day my brother still calls me nigglet, luckily i've grown up so it doesn't bother me, but at the age of 11 that was tramatic, it tooks months for me to realize that I'm not inferior to ANYBODY, those 4 days I probably cried for 2 1/2 of them, don't tell me i need to go to a middle state and see what its like

If you're offended go look in the mirror, because everyone of you contributes something toward my previous post.
This, once again, is a broad stereotype, besides minor traffic violations i've never broken the law, never stole anything amounting to more then 2 dollars and thats simply because I was in the wrong crowd, a bad ENVIRONMENT

I think you need to open your eyes and get all the facts straight before you say isht, you sound ignorent, and I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this
Old 08-20-2008, 09:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Rescuer
Well, I was fine at the UCKK meet last tuesday, but I woke up at 430am with major pains on my left lower quadrant. Went to the ER, spent all day there with an IV in me, got CT scans and xrays, and ended up getting surgery that night to have one (of several) kidney stones removed plus a stent put in. Went home at nearly midnight. Thursday was OK, just resting. Friday had major pains again, went to ER and stayed the night, CT scans/xrays/IV's till saturday afternoon. Went home saturday afternoon. Same thing sunday! Only this time they kept me there for several days.
Kidney stones are no fun at all. My body had a major problem with the stent though, and they had to keep me on a constant IV mixture of Dilaudid (morphine) and ibuprofin for the pain and inflammation. Laying in a hospital bed for so many days is the worst experience ever.

Dilaudid is a VERY powerful narcotic. They actually gave me a bunch of pills to take orally for the next week It's like heroin.
I spent yesterday in a lab getting scans for the same thing. Then spent the afternoon spewing yellow goop. All to find out they don't know why I am in so much pain. Yeah.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by 96Imprez
No I would not act differently if 4-5 black people were to walk behind me, people are people, some people are bad people and some are good, no matter what color their skin is, white people rob people too, its an environmental thing, if you grow up in a bad environment, no matter what color, you have a higher chance to follow in the same path as friends/family,

Um, I live in Wyoming and I AM black, I think I know about racism, i've been dealing with it for as long as I can remember, let me lay out a scenario for you

Your 11 years old, your father is dating a white lady with three kids,
this ladies oldest son was killed in an accidental shooting by one of his friends who was also white,
her previous husband (the kids father) was a raging racist, therefore the kids were instilled the "knowledge" their father thought he had, A.K.A the racism was passed down, the now oldest son bieng the most racist of them all, your father moves in with the famly, while your spending the summer with him and his girlfriend and her three kids the "family" decides to take a trip to Salt Lake City, a 7 hour car ride, during the trip, the eldest son, decides this would be a good time to pick on you, for the 7 hours their, the 4 days you spent their, and the 7 hours back, he uses the phrase N***er whenever referring to you, in all the "excitement, YOUR OWN BROTHER, somebody you have known since you were three, decides he doesn't want to be left out so he joins in the taunting,

To this very day my brother still calls me nigglet, luckily i've grown up so it doesn't bother me, but at the age of 11 that was tramatic, it tooks months for me to realize that I'm not inferior to ANYBODY, those 4 days I probably cried for 2 1/2 of them, don't tell me i need to go to a middle state and see what its like

This, once again, is a broad stereotype, besides minor traffic violations i've never broken the law, never stole anything amounting to more then 2 dollars and thats simply because I was in the wrong crowd, a bad ENVIRONMENT

I think you need to open your eyes and get all the facts straight before you say isht, you sound ignorent, and I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this
I feel you. Growing up was called arab, diaper head, mohammed, Apu (simpsons). etc.

After 9/11 was called osama like, everywhere I went and that's here in the bay area. Went out to Lake County for a friends wedding and people would stop and stare at me. Losers, they can run (yes, i have a belief that racist folks are running away into rural areas to escape the coloring of the urban areas), but that **** will catch up to them.

As much as social conservatives can be upset about it, we are destined to mix as a race, we can't keep separating ourselves forever. In the long run, we're going to mix up pretty thick, if the human race even lasts that long...
Old 08-20-2008, 11:18 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
That's the whole point of the post. You should understand that this kind of thing exists in EVERY PERSON. I decided to be blunt about it to make a point and people are too afraid to admit that it exists implicitly under their own skin doesn't make you or any other person who "thinks they dont see color" better than I. I use the term Black people because in some essence they've taken offense if I said African American. (and I've personally been corrected by them).

You tell me if you're walkin down the street with a buddy and notice 4-5 Coloreds whether mexican or black start walkin behind you, compared to 4-5 White guys walkin behind. Your reaction would be exactly the same? After my personal experience, it would just be ignorant to pretend that everyone is the same.

Go watch some educational documents like the Color of Fear and quit being offended by things that EVERY person holds inside of them.

My friend went to Nashville Tennessee because her boyfriend was there for work. The lady at the bar said "I'm surprised you don't have an asian accent." Racism/Stereotypes is/are everywhere.

If you really are oblivious to color and see what's underneath everyone, you're lying.
wait one ****ing minute!!! did you just say COLORED!?

You tell me if you're walkin down the street with a buddy and notice 4-5 Coloreds whether mexican or black start walkin behind you, compared to 4-5 White guys walkin behind
i think you did! what the **** is wrong with you!? that word was abolished the same time segregation was! i want you to do me ( and 96Imprez (sp)) a favor....... walk up to one of us "colored" folk, and say that to their face. then come back here and report it. or better yet, SAY IT TO ME!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 11:31 AM

Car Info: Nadda

Like Karma, a bad environment will always exist everywhere. You can use anything as a bad environment. Whether the actual neighborhood is poor, or in a rich neighborhood with stuckup neighbors, or loud dogs, or just anything you pick that bothers you. Like I stated as a fact, racism will always exist, as well as bad environments. To fuel the rich, there are thousands that need to be poor, and in any economy that is the basis.

Not watching the Olympics to bar yourself from China is a lossed hope. This country depends on outsourcing. Companies like the idea that instead of paying a US factory workin 10 dollars n hr, they would rather pay some kid 10 cents a whole day, and then ship it over.

That's exploiting and in America illegal, but outside of the country, we just wave our fists in the news sayin' that they need better working conditions, but the US is NOT leading the way in barring factories or companies overseas until they fix their safety and health sanctions in their buildings. We continue to buy the products and in turn fuel the existing exchange.

Changing that is like tryin to stop Walmart, as long as poor people exist, so will Walmart. All societies will always have a poor class.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 PM

I think the fact that the price of labor overseas is so cheap compared to the price of that same labor here in the U.S. isn't necessarily about the people overseas being exploited, but rather, the cost of labor equalizing and reflecting it's actual worth in the global marketplace.

Think about it - for a given good, say, cars, the more competitors there are in the market place, the lower the price becomes. It's basic supply and demand, and we can all agree that the consumers benefit from this. The same is true of the labor market. At one time, America did have a monopoly on certain kinds of labor - manufacturing, entry-level engineering, etc. As other countries develop, however, that is no longer the case. More and more countries are able to offer these kinds of laborers, at lower prices to boot.

I think what is occurring today, with outsourcing in general, is that the price of labor for a given job(s) is being accurately reflected, and many of us don't like it. There was a time when working in an assembly plant was actually worth $30k a year because no one else could do it. Today, however, there are lots of laborers who can do that kind of work, who are willing to do it for much less. That means the GLOBAL market price for manufacturing has gone down. The fact that manufacturing jobs are moving overseas is proof that the global market price for that kind of work is not enough to sustain the average American standard of living. Let's say the global market price for manufacturing is $1k/year. If Americans wanted, they could keep doing the same jobs for $1000/yr, but who could live off of that here in America?

The same is happening with IT, Engineering, some medical work, legal work, etc. The skills/jobs that were once thought of as "high-level" labor aren't any longer. An entry level engineer with just a 4yr degree is no longer considered "highly skilled" in the global marketplace. Neither are certain medical staff who are able to diagnose x-rays. As the rest of the world develops, there are more and more people able to do the kind of jobs that only Americans were able to do. This just means that Americans have to focus on re-training or getting trained to do things that we can only do - the highest levels of skills, i.e. getting graduate and post-graduate degrees in fields where a 4-yr degree used to be enough.

I think many people are stuck in the old mindset. Sure, about 8-10yrs ago a guy coming out of college with an engineering degree could make about $70-80k/yr. That is becoming less and less the case. Most of the guys I know who graduated with engineering degrees couldn't even get jobs as engineers and have been forced to work in sales positions.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by rau
wait one ****ing minute!!! did you just say COLORED!?

i think you did! what the **** is wrong with you!? that word was abolished the same time segregation was! i want you to do me ( and 96Imprez (sp)) a favor....... walk up to one of us "colored" folk, and say that to their face. then come back here and report it. or better yet, SAY IT TO ME!!!!
damn coloreds !!!

hey when are you going to visit so cal rau?

i visited your neck of the woods and met you
you had a yellow hat on i think
but it was right before ramen so i could be wrong
Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
9 to 5 mod

asians and blacks fight alot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AccqIw7mBo
Old 08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by sigma pi
hey when are you going to visit so cal rau? i visited your neck of the woods and met you you had a yellow hat on i think but it was right before ramen so i could be wrong
yeah, you were at the ramen meet with me. you were with soggyass and super cure Seri. me and my fiance will be down in SoCal in October for her birthday. we'll get together then
Old 08-20-2008, 01:12 PM
9 to 5 mod

sounds like the plan!!!!!

give us the heads up!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:24 PM
rau
Something Custom

will do yo
Old 08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
9 to 5 mod

perfect!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'd rather some black dudes or asian dudes walk behind me... f'ing white people are crazy!!!

<-proud to be one
Old 08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by brucelee
I'd rather some black dudes or asian dudes walk behind me... f'ing white people are crazy!!!

<-proud to be one
columbine were all white?

where is the chris rock skit on this
Old 08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by sigma pi
columbine were all white?

where is the chris rock skit on this
its a statistical fact that most serial killers are white dudes.

Quick Reply: Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?