Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
wow this is awesome...too bad were not all standing in a room, that would be fun to watch

oh and ping pong would sh*t on paper football anyday
Old 08-19-2008, 11:22 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by thaSicness
totally see everyones point of view..

except this one.

go say that in any other country and youll get your limb cut off.

our goverment isnt perfect, but saying this country sucks contradicts you living here and exercising your rights like u just did.
so, i cannot use my constitutional right of free speech to say what i want? that sounds like communist talk. wheres the bread line?
Old 08-19-2008, 11:35 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by scoo*B
wow this is awesome...too bad were not all standing in a room, that would be fun to watch

agreed i love to see those guys crank on a ball 2.7oz of fury !
Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
anyways, back to the thread: I think it's important to remember that China today is not the China of yesterday.
I completely differ, as I'm sure every Tibetan alive will say as well. Basically, anyone that thinks China has "changed," has no knowledge of the facts, and also is completely ignorant of anything that is currently going on. Mao was responsible for more deaths than Hitler and Stalin COMBINED, and the current country won't even allow ANYONE to access sites like this, let alone a site like Google.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:42 AM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by herrjr
I completely differ, as I'm sure every Tibetan alive will say as well. Basically, anyone that thinks China has "changed," has no knowledge of the facts, and also is completely ignorant of anything that is currently going on. Mao was responsible for more deaths than Hitler and Stalin COMBINED, and the current country won't even allow ANYONE to access sites like this, let alone a site like Google.
thank you for speaking the truth Jerrick
Old 08-19-2008, 11:47 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by scoo*B

If it was a safe environment, like in the Color of Fear where multiple ethnicities were in a room, then I wouldn't mind. In person it'd be really easy to show how everyone in the room is racist.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:47 AM
9 to 5 mod

chinese car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5SRy...eature=related

lexus crash test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dimg2...eature=related

this crappy chevy does better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYn2Q4OGWYg&NR=1
Old 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
talk about knowledge of the facts...i was in china couple weeks ago and i was able to view all the sites that i view when i was in the states. sites including google and wikipedia to find information about cities in china, stuff in beijing, tian'anmen square etc. able to surf i-club and other forums. only problem i had was i-club not allowing access because of my ip address. so go figure.

Last edited by JZ oo7; 08-19-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:35 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
For those peopl hating on New Russia, or the New China for human rights, remember this:

We have a tendancy to think our way of life is the direction of humanity, that our freedoms and democracy will pervade and unite the world or something.

In reality - America's just another chapter in human history. Whether or not our morals and ethics are right or not is irrelevant - we're just another episode in a long series of government and moral ideas that comes and goes.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by JZ oo7
talk about knowledge of the facts...i was in china couple weeks ago and i was able to view all the sites that i view when i was in the states. sites including google and wikipedia to find information about cities in china, stuff in beijing, tian'anmen square etc. able to surf i-club and other forums. only problem i had was i-club not allowing access because of my ip address. so go figure.

yeah seriously - the censorship thing is so overblown, so many people talking crap about China who have never been there
Old 08-19-2008, 12:39 PM

So what facts do you know about China huh? Other than regurgitating stuff you read in a magazine, a blog, a paper?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:39 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by verc
For those peopl hating on New Russia, or the New China for human rights, remember this:

We have a tendancy to think our way of life is the direction of humanity, that our freedoms and democracy will pervade and unite the world or something.

In reality - America's just another chapter in human history. Whether or not our morals and ethics are right or not is irrelevant - we're just another episode in a long series of government and moral ideas that comes and goes.
Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon
You come and goes
You come and goes
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream
Old 08-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
Yeah, I know a lot of Chinese people who don't like the government, but they say that things over there are much different than before.

I'd have to say that China is somewhat making an attempt. I think with the business they are getting, helping put people to work outside of rural areas, and the expansion, i think they are doing what they have to do. Sure, they don't need to be picking on Tibet, it think Tibet is worthless to China, but a lot Chinese folks say they feel Tibet truly is apart of China, and not separate. I think the same goes for the feeling on Taiwan, but Taiwan has a booming industry and china probably won't be getting super aggressive there cause that would upset the global market too much. Tibet, unfortunately, supplies much more in spirituality than it does in goods and services.

Again, I feel that the government in Burma or Sudan is MUCH worse and that's where I think the focus should lay, not so much in China.

And if some of you think that the Chinese are not deserving of holding an Olympic event, seriously what makes any major player worthy? There are plenty of skeletons in the closet, and the world is one huge closet.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by verc
yeah seriously - the censorship thing is so overblown, so many people talking crap about China who have never been there
I hope to go sometime with the company, visit Shenjin (sp?), where the factory is and it's 10,000 (!) employees.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:51 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I hope to go sometime with the company, visit Shenjin (sp?), where the factory is and it's 10,000 (!) employees.
word!? bring me back a....... oh nevermind........

Quick Reply: Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?