Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
did you miss the part where he said it was hard to avoid chinese made computer products???
Thats all I kept saying while I was reading his list.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
you might as well stop using the internet because of the china made servers and stop eating at restaurants because of their china made plates. cause if they break and needs replacing its gonna come from china in most cases.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 PM

Car Info: 2008 subaru AWD stroller...wahaha
Originally Posted by brucelee
I haven't even watched a single even.. unless there was a recap on the news or something.

I hate to admit this, but its mainly due to China hosting it.

I also try my BEST to not buy anything made in China, Its hard, and I know it wont make a dfference really, but there is a HUGE group doing this to... I don't think there's one thing China makes well... Not a single thing... Chinese food is only good if its from American Chinese people...

But back to the subject, as long as its hosted by a real county and not some knock off country, I'll watch.

China!
Dan

I'm chinese and was born in Hong Kong, after I read your first post...I did felt a bit offended. Especially from a person that I knew from high school.

Somehow, I still don't get why people is being upset over China hosting Olympic, maybe due to I haven't watch much of it...(busy with my RN degree). I saw the opening (fake, but it still cool) and some badminton game, it sad that none of the US team made to the quarter final...cause I know couple of them...ahaha.

so what sup with all the hate?? just wondering??

I mean...Chinese gov is not great, but why boycott the product that made from a hard chinese worker that probably making $10 USD a week?? Although, I agree that I won't not buy most of the product that made from China...(which is very very hard to avoid)

what I wanna say is, please just hate the chinese gov...haha. As much as I hate bush...

Dan...ain't mad at you, totally understand. anyway, are you going to the reunion? did you ever got the mail?

alan'08
Old 08-18-2008, 06:53 PM

Car Info: Subaru WRX 08
Originally Posted by rau
haha, thats all ive been saying for YEARS!!!!
totally see everyones point of view..

except this one.

go say that in any other country and youll get your limb cut off.

our goverment isnt perfect, but saying this country sucks contradicts you living here and exercising your rights like u just did.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by thaSicness
totally see everyones point of view..

except this one.

go say that in any other country and youll get your limb cut off.

our goverment isnt perfect, but saying this country sucks contradicts you living here and exercising your rights like u just did.
no kidding. you're here by choice. don't like it... get the **** out. Either that or start trying to change it.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:28 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by tamko
I mean...Chinese gov is not great, but why boycott the product that made from a hard chinese worker that probably making $10 USD a week?? Although, I agree that I won't not buy most of the product that made from China...(which is very very hard to avoid)
Some people also vote with their dollar. Perhaps they don't like the fact that we are bettering other's economies while ours is crumbling. Maybe they want to send a message that we should start depending more on ourselves and less on others. Maybe they want to say "**** you" to global corporations who put profit above the good of the people/country they're collecting their billion dollar profits from.

I don't think anything Brucelee said was 'racist', maybe offensive with the little monkey and food comment, but overall it just looks like someone who is trying to make a change at the most fundamental level. Most people cry and complain, those complaints fall on politician's deaf ears, when they can send a much clearer message by simply changing things within their own lives.

Oh, and the Olympics are pathetic.... table tennis? Badminton? It's like a televised OSQ... if it were real. I'm waiting for the little paper 'football' (the game where you folded up a piece of paper into a triangle and played on lunch room tables) event to start.

Last edited by Spoolin415; 08-18-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:32 PM

Car Info: nothing
i've watched a lot of it.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:57 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
haha havent watched one second, i dont like the olympics, never have...

everyday i wait for ncaa basketball to return!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
i haven't been watching, not even the opening... but that is just me lack of interest in sports... for some reason I don't think it's a big deal... I've never watched any of the previous olymics either... it's just me...
Old 08-18-2008, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
If I was Chinese I'd say the same thing!
and then if u were in China, you'd get shot by the firing squad for saying stuff like that.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:19 PM

Car Info: nothing
Originally Posted by slugrx
haha havent watched one second, i dont like the olympics, never have...

everyday i wait for ncaa basketball to return!!!
Yeah!!!! college basketball and football are my loveeeessss!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:40 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
If the olympics is on, I won't change the channel. Especially handy in the gym...especially when its events involving women running or in bikinis.

If you don't like the USA, move to China.
If you like your freedom of speech, stay in the USA.

Communism has a hard time staying relevant in the modern world, The Chinese govt is doing what any other govt would to to protect "business as usual". Its just not a very popular business @ times. Again, the same holds true for the U.S.A as well.

Let's celebrate the atheletes and the fact that we still can come together as a planet and enjoy something in common like The Olympics.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
There's just no sports I care about thats in it. The only one I like out of the lot is Judo. Other than that I honestly don't care about the olympics summer or winter.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Any chance you'd want to help me rebuild a free agent 24 inch team cruiser...haaaa.
No problem! I have a Schwinn Pro Modified Cruiser and my has a Santa Cruz Jackel cruiser, both are race ready.

I know... we should get all the old bmxers together and see if any of us can still go around a track... haaaa.
See above We used to run the track out in Prunedale. Don't anymore, but still have connections. I'm sure an i-club u-club we all club for i-club race could be arranged Haha.. who wants to sponsor that?!?!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:36 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Weird to hate a whole nation? I'm chinese and I hate chinese fobs up to a certain extent, but then again I hate things from every race because they bug me.

But that's being human, everyone has their goods and bads about a race here and there...

Whites are rich and get good jobs just cause they have a white name. They dont even try too hard and they get handed down stuff cuz their mom n' dads were rich.

Black people are too ghetto (personally been mugged) Overly aggressive all the ****in time for no damn reason.

****** (especially honkonese people are stuckup cuz I'm too american for them)

Indians smell

Mexicans mow lawns

Etc, blah blah blah.

We all have negative thoughts about other countries, and kinds of people.

The bottom line? We did this to ourselves! US outsources everything because it's CHEAPER for the businesses.

We pay 120 bux for a pair of nike's while some kid in Taiwan makes 2cents for that.

It isn't China, or any other nation for that matter. It's the god almighty Supreme UNITED STATES OF AMERICA that is runnin around finding things as cheap as possible because... WE ARE GREEDY AS HELL... that's it period.

And with our falling economy I am glad that organizations actually go to Mexico to pay cheaper wages for people to pick up a tomatoes instead of paying higher prices. You tell a white dude to pick some tomatoes for 10hrs a day and he'll want insurance coverage and at least 20 bux an HR for HARD LABOR.

We complain about high food prices, but it'd go a boat load higher if we're payin White people to pick our food.

We'd complain if our garbage isn't collected cuz it's a white dude wanting more cash to pick it up.

I COMPLAIN the most about stupid WHITE people who think they are the Aryan supreme but yet they are the ones who OUTSOURCES for CHEAPER LABOR for MORE MONEY because the United States is the CAPITAL FOR GREED.

If you're fine with paying for Chanel and Burberry items everyday cuz they're made by white people then that's fine. But I am too broke (along with 95%) of the population to be buyin' that crap.

Walmart is taking over everything because all their goods are almost all outsourced.

The only time I ever saw a white dude workin at Walmart, he was the manager.

Actually I work in a place where there are about 7 white dudes, and 3 of them are managers, while the rest of the building about (80) is asian/indian.

Open your eyes, we brought this situation upon ourselves.

If it isn't your type of sports, understandable, but tryin to not watch it cuz China hosts it? That speaks for itself. You are ignorant.

Last edited by iLoqin; 08-18-2008 at 10:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?