Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:51 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Originally Posted by herrjr
Hardly a place worth visiting for any civilized person, let alone should be allowed to host the Olympics:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080820/...china_protests

4 more foreign activists detained in China:
The four activists — whose whereabouts were not known — were identified by Students for a Free Tibet as Tibetan-German Florien Norbu Gyanatshang, 30; Mandie McKeown, 41, of Britain; and Americans Jeremy Wells, 38 and John Watterberg, 30.

The rough treatment and intimidation being meted out to foreigners and elderly Chinese underscore the authorities' determination to prevent any protests during the Olympics, even though Beijing Olympic organizers last month said demonstrations would be allowed in designated areas.
Lol down with China, get over with Olympics and NUKE it!!!!jk!!!!!!!!! Wow designated Protest Areas??? Sounds like Smoking Areas in the Yay Area!!!

-Gio
Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i have missed this post. but right after i read this i was offended. i am chinese, and i was born in china. I came to American when i was in 5th grade. for those of you never been or lived in china is hard to imagine how is like living in china.

The things you guys have seen is what western news. a lot of things is not that bad. i still have a lot of family in china, and we DO live FINE. nothing is wrong with living in china. we don't feel like we were not free to do this and do that. instead in American there are many things are stupid.

such as when we buy house we have to buy insurance, in case someone come over to your house and fell and hurt them self. in china or many other country its their own fault. but in American we have to buy insurance to cover that! but of course that may just a culture difference.

when you say f*** china, its just like someone from other country and say F*** America. you love your country, but you don't have to love your government. correct?

believe me, millions of people in China live fine and a lot are even better than us here. only those few that is living in the dirty nasty place and little boy and girls working in sweat shops. BUT only those few are showing in the western television. and that is what you see.

GO to china, ASK people who lives there, or ASK those kids in elementery school or high school. they are happy and proud being chinese. in another word. mind your own business about other people's way of living.

i can say these experiences because i have lived in China, and America. i grow up here and went to school here, and i still have friends that still in China. they were very happy about china, and they would laugh at your first post because is very bias. you never seen the whole china, only what you read online or saw on tv.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:36 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
i have missed this post. but right after i read this i was offended. i am chinese, and i was born in china. I came to American when i was in 5th grade. for those of you never been or lived in china is hard to imagine how is like living in china.

The things you guys have seen is what western news. a lot of things is not that bad. i still have a lot of family in china, and we DO live FINE. nothing is wrong with living in china. we don't feel like we were not free to do this and do that. instead in American there are many things are stupid.

such as when we buy house we have to buy insurance, in case someone come over to your house and fell and hurt them self. in china or many other country its their own fault. but in American we have to buy insurance to cover that! but of course that may just a culture difference.

when you say f*** china, its just like someone from other country and say F*** America. you love your country, but you don't have to love your government. correct?

believe me, millions of people in China live fine and a lot are even better than us here. only those few that is living in the dirty nasty place and little boy and girls working in sweat shops. BUT only those few are showing in the western television. and that is what you see.

GO to china, ASK people who lives there, or ASK those kids in elementery school or high school. they are happy and proud being chinese. in another word. mind your own business about other people's way of living.

i can say these experiences because i have lived in China, and America. i grow up here and went to school here, and i still have friends that still in China. they were very happy about china, and they would laugh at your first post because is very bias. you never seen the whole china, only what you read online or saw on tv.
why is your english good and the SCIC guys from china/taiwan/manderin/cantonise suck at english ?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:37 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by shim022
yes, the ramen place in multi pass
from now on ask my tour guide / publicist if i have been there hahaha

i have no clue about nor cal

only by peir 39 i know that place well
Old 08-20-2008, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Wow,

That is an insane amount of hate.

I watch it all the time. I'm rooting for the USA (except basket ball, cause I hate the redeem team.) I'm rooting for the small countries, and everything in between.

I don't care for the Chinese government really, but they aren't as bad as they used to be, they aren't like the Burmese govt.

The Chinese people are great. I work for a company that makes basically the top DVD players in the world, Chinese manufacturer makes out stuff, and most of the people in the company are Chinese.

Sure, they have their issues, and they pollute like crazy, but they aren't any different the US 100 years ago. We polluted like no other, but are quick to jump at other countries polluting and how they run their countries. what about this country?!? This country ****ing sucks just as much. Our govt doesn't make the best decisions either, and put politics before the good of the people. No one is perfect, especially no one country.

I agree with everything you said here Gagan.

And sorry Daniel but as a mod you should not be expressing racism like this. All passed threads out of this topic, I am saying this as it does not represent the iclub staff team well by having a mod displaying such hate for a country.

To generalize that everything about china sucks is very ignorant. And are you just upset that they are coming up quick in being the most powerful country on earth?

This IMO, is 100 times worse than saying the N word. (again not bringing that up) but to say "**** china" is absolutely disgusting in comparison to saying a word that was meant to be out of fun not out of hate like this thread.

Last edited by evsoul; 08-20-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by wimprezax06

Welcome to the club then buddy. I am originally from Mexico, you know how much crap Mexico and Mexicans get for coming to this country and what not? Cry me a river.............

Also in this country it is called Freedom of Speech. If someone wants to vent about something and can do it without totally taking it out of context and being mean about it they can. There is a mile long list of people, ethnicities, religions, and what not that are talked about and what not.

Yes China along with the Middle East like Dubai are going to be the biggest powerhouses as far as wealth and taking over the world

-Gio
Old 08-20-2008, 08:32 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by herrjr
Hardly a place worth visiting for any civilized person, let alone should be allowed to host the Olympics:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080820/...china_protests

4 more foreign activists detained in China:
The four activists — whose whereabouts were not known — were identified by Students for a Free Tibet as Tibetan-German Florien Norbu Gyanatshang, 30; Mandie McKeown, 41, of Britain; and Americans Jeremy Wells, 38 and John Watterberg, 30.

The rough treatment and intimidation being meted out to foreigners and elderly Chinese underscore the authorities' determination to prevent any protests during the Olympics, even though Beijing Olympic organizers last month said demonstrations would be allowed in designated areas.
all these talks about china, has everyone forgot that china is a communist country? and communism does not = bad.

Last edited by JZ oo7; 08-20-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:49 PM

Communism ftmfw!

-Gio
Old 08-20-2008, 09:10 PM

Car Info: ugm '06 STi
BruceLee, Your posts are interesting, (I like guns too), but I was wondering why you never talk about those Impreza cars.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:03 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by rau
wait one ****ing minute!!! did you just say COLORED!?

i think you did! what the **** is wrong with you!? that word was abolished the same time segregation was! i want you to do me ( and 96Imprez (sp)) a favor....... walk up to one of us "colored" folk, and say that to their face. then come back here and report it. or better yet, SAY IT TO ME!!!!
Being grammatically correct, yes I said the word Coloreds. Yes that word with THAT meaning ended when segregation ended. But what makes me wonder is why you just considered the word "Colored" to be black? Concluding that YOU are the one in fact who has a racial bias. Colored could mean any race, not just blacks.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
threads like these are always interesting cuz people usually expose themselves and show their true 'colors'/natures.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:21 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by evsoul
I agree with everything you said here Gagan.

And sorry Daniel but as a mod you should not be expressing racism like this. All passed threads out of this topic, I am saying this as it does not represent the iclub staff team well by having a mod displaying such hate for a country.

To generalize that everything about china sucks is very ignorant. And are you just upset that they are coming up quick in being the most powerful country on earth?

This IMO, is 100 times worse than saying the N word. (again not bringing that up) but to say "**** china" is absolutely disgusting in comparison to saying a word that was meant to be out of fun not out of hate like this thread.
i dunno its more nationalism than screw them from what i saw. yes china makes second rate car parts. I work in the industry and alot of thier stuff is no good. not all but alot of the stuff.
Then again i have said several times i dont like nor cal. my car got broken into. im not defending him at all thats just my take.

as for china i have my opinion its not based on many sources a big one is this book
http://www.amazon.com/Mao-Story-Jung.../dp/0679422714

i read that because the EX GF is Taiwanese so i had to learn something about it
Old 08-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Being grammatically correct, yes I said the word Coloreds. Yes that word with THAT meaning ended when segregation ended. But what makes me wonder is why you just considered the word "Colored" to be black? Concluding that YOU are the one in fact who has a racial bias. Colored could mean any race, not just blacks.
I dunno man. That's a stupid thing to say at all. Why can't you just say black or African American? Those are completely acceptable today, but not colored. That **** is not needed. You CAN say it on this board, but watch it.

I know you got jumped, and I'm sorry to hear, but don't go off hating those people, they aren't collectively responsible for that happened to you.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:08 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sigma pi
i dunno its more nationalism than screw them from what i saw. yes china makes second rate car parts. I work in the industry and alot of thier stuff is no good. not all but alot of the stuff.
Then again i have said several times i dont like nor cal. my car got broken into. im not defending him at all thats just my take.

as for china i have my opinion its not based on many sources a big one is this book
http://www.amazon.com/Mao-Story-Jung.../dp/0679422714

i read that because the EX GF is Taiwanese so i had to learn something about it
its a bit different mate.

he said things that went beyond just "the Chinese market sucks" and went on it on a personal level. he didn't say "Chinese products suck" he literally went out on the branch saying **** a race ie China... that to me is a very bad place to expose yourself in as a moderator on a well known forum.

i am not one of those sensitive "peeps" that get offended easily.. an "African American" could call me a ******* and i wouldn't be offended.. yet a "Croatian" nailing on China that way offended me as a non-Chinese person.

just saying when i as a not so easily offended person says "whhoooaaa" out loud at their computer over a thread i think that's something to think about. he didn't just question their countries integrity in "product" manufacturing he literally said **** you to it... that is pure racism there.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:13 AM
VIP Member

and i am curious how is my saying the n word in a complete "fun" not meant to be offensive or hateful manner something worth getting me troll status over yet when a mod says "**** the "X" country" which essentially is saying "**** the people of country "X"" not getting him banned?

Seems unfair.. someone ie "daniel the hateful" should be temp banned and removed as mod..

if not then the staff is playing favorites.

Daniel you're a ***. I hope i meet you again so i can say it to your gun toting, Chinese hating face. You douche bag. Go kill yourself with superglue and piano wire.

Quick Reply: Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?